Hi Friends,

My sole purpose to start this forum is to unite all TUV 300 owners to share their experience no matter good or bad, to benefit others and bring niggles till Mahindra officials.

Please share your thoughts and publicize this forum to make our voice stand tall.

Thanks,
VP

Tractor like Engine sound - New brand vehicle

Introduce Yourselves, Your Ride, Get Familiar!
nitishJ
Newbie TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T8

Tractor like Engine sound - New brand vehicle

Postby nitishJ » 09 Mar 2017, 12:13

Hi All,

Last friday, i had purchased TUV 300 T8 100 bhp(MT) from Koncept Mahindra Lajpat Nagar new delhi. I liked the vehicle ever since it was launched in 2015. But yesterday when i cranked the engine & just covered 3 kms from my home, suddenly the engine sounded like a tractor. It was very loud sound from the engine. By the time i reached work shop in Noida sector 2, the sound disappeared. The cootek engineer diagnosed with the help of laptop but nothing came out. ???

The car has done only 240 km on odo... I am very disappointed....Still they are telling that we couldn't reproduce sound so cant help it.
I had owned Mahindra verito diesel for the past 5 yrs but never encountered this issue.

I was searching blogs & found this club very useful. Please tell me what is the solution & how to move ahead. I have spent around 10 lacs on the vehicle..Its such a depressing situation.

Regards
Nitish

nitishJ
Newbie TUVian

Re: Tractor like Engine sound - New brand vehicle

Postby nitishJ » 09 Mar 2017, 18:12

eagerly waiting for the solution .....next steps from this forum....!!

vincentds
Newbie TUVian

Postby vincentds » 09 Mar 2017, 22:13

Hi .. I have T8 MT.. and I had a same issue of Truck sound... after 3 visits and escalating to top management level.. the issue got fixed. Please check with service center. My service center is India Garage .. Mahadevapura, whitefield Bangalore

nitishJ
Newbie TUVian

Postby nitishJ » 10 Mar 2017, 10:50

vincentds wrote:Hi .. I have T8 MT.. and I had a same issue of Truck sound... after 3 visits and escalating to top management level.. the issue got fixed. Please check with service center. My service center is India Garage .. Mahadevapura, whitefield Bangalore

thanks for your reply....i think this would work....i have told the Koncept Mahindra to get in touch with the India Garage guys...
Can you also tell what rectification they did on your vehicle...May be i will also be informed.

Thanks ....

sanand
Newbie TUVian

Postby sanand » 10 Mar 2017, 14:46

Hello guys, you people must be running it in eco mode. Never run your TUV in ECO mode. Automatically the problem will be solved.

vincentds
Newbie TUVian

Postby vincentds » 15 Mar 2017, 12:21

They are not revealing what they did to resolve the issue....

xplorerdev
Newbie TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T6

Postby xplorerdev » 16 Mar 2017, 17:08

Well, I also got this knocking tractor sound after I had done some 200 kms in my T6. The sound stayed for upto 350 kms and then it just went away. Now I have done 3200 kms with two hill trips and one service. No more sound.

BR
Dev

dabra34
Newbie TUVian

Postby dabra34 » 24 Dec 2017, 01:19

Hi. I own a TUV T8 Manual from June 2016 in Nainital . I have the same tracktor type sound sometimes when I just start my car and start moving. Now I heat up the engine a little in the morning and then move and the problem is solved. Thiis problem occurs specially during winters.

GeorgianSujeet
Newbie TUVian

Postby GeorgianSujeet » 28 Feb 2018, 16:47

sanand wrote:Hello guys, you people must be running it in eco mode. Never run your TUV in ECO mode. Automatically the problem will be solved.

I have been driving in ECO mode since purchase on 21Feb18---2100Kms now and lucky enough not to hear any tractor like sound. Fingers Xed.

Return to “Welcome New Members”