Hi Friends,

My sole purpose to start this forum is to unite all TUV 300 owners to share their experience no matter good or bad, to benefit others and bring niggles till Mahindra officials.

Please share your thoughts and publicize this forum to make our voice stand tall.

Thanks,
VP

It's time up for all TUV 300 T8 AMT MEMBERS

Latest updates and announcements regarding forum.
Pratap
Newbie TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T8 AMT

It's time up for all TUV 300 T8 AMT MEMBERS

Postby Pratap » 11 Feb 2017, 05:46

This vehicle is in serious issue at gearbox level, first gear /A1 and all it's related items such as bearings etc are all substandard and without proper R&D was sold to us... otherwise how the gears got broken in just 30k kilometers on the clock....the sudden jerks, loss of power will eventually take your vehicle to this level. I'm going through it. If it was only my car Mahindra could very well argue but everyone is going through the same at some level. This is A VERY SERIOUS ISSUE something which can kill anyone of us or we may kill someone on road or get seriously injured.

rdtuv8
Newbie TUVian

Re: It's time up for all TUV 300 T8 AMT MEMBERS

Postby rdtuv8 » 08 Jan 2018, 12:15

HI,

Any rectification done for this issue? I bought TUV T8 AMT.
I am sure by now issue must be rectified.

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian

Postby Sharadkt » 18 Feb 2018, 22:53

The issue still remains. As of now they are trying by replacing entire AMT assembly, transmission, wiring harness and new design engine mounted modulator.
I can tell for sure this too hasn't solved the problem and in fact new serious security threat has come up - that is gear shifting to neutral while driving on road.

Nirmla
Newbie TUVian

Postby Nirmla » 03 Mar 2018, 21:18

I bought TUV300 T8 AMT on 19.07.2017 from Koncept Motors NOIDA after paying a significant sum of Rs. 11 Lacs. The performance of the vehicle was highly unsatisfactory and uncomfortable as It is bumpy, Jerky coupled with slow pickup since beginning. When I complained, service Attendant replied 'after the first service engine will be smooth and problem will go away. However, Even after the first service problem remain the same. Occasionally, I had to take it to the service station for heavy sound arising from the engine like old truck sound . They repaired it by running the software.

The gravity of defective manufacturing of AMT version was crystal clear on 11.02.2018 after I drove the Car from Jaipur to Noida On 11.02.2018. in a situation of BtoB traffic jam, I tried to drive the car but to my utter shock the road gear shifting started malfunctioning and the car engine stopped thrice in only 0.5 Km of driving. There was strong odor of burning in the gear system. It looked as if the Car would at anytime ablaze. The car was towed to service station by RSA. Because of malfunctioning in AMT gear box, clutch plates were burnt. Unnecessarily, I had to stayed back in Jaipur for two more days to get the car ready for drive. On the way after filling the fuel when started to drive, it didn't move because gear stuck in neutral position. After reversing the gear its gear system came on track. On the way, I was praying not to get traffic jam. Because the vehicle was still shaky on lower gear.
Somehow, I reached my home but I dropped the car at dealer's service station. I asked them to recall the vehicle as its a manufacturing defect with Faulty AMT gear box. Regional head Mr. prashant shrugged off the shoulder by saying, we have road tested your vehicle once again to conclude that the vehicle performance is absolutely fine & it’s in roadworthy condition. They never answered my question why in the first place clutch plates burnt, while I have no control on gear or clutch. While road testing they were not able to simulate the situation of B to B traffic for quite some time. After reading the reviews at various forums, i came to know that these are common problem with this vehicle and lot of people are suffering with the same.
I have not picked the vehicle as it is very risky not only for me but others on the road. I am seriously thinking of getting legal help. If there is already a group, please make me join with the m.no 9810776609.

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian

Postby Sharadkt » 03 Mar 2018, 22:22

I am already in advance stage of taking legal action against Mahindra for these issues. I have had meeting with Mahindra western regional head who accepted the faults and shortcomings of this crappiest AMT, however refused to return full amount. They are scared if they allow one refund, whole India customers will line up for refunds. What confidence in their own product....

Anyway next will be sending legal notice via my lawyer.

Regards,
Sharad

rethinkrishnar
Newbie TUVian

Postby rethinkrishnar » 11 Mar 2018, 17:42

Sharadkt wrote:The issue still remains. As of now they are trying by replacing entire AMT assembly, transmission, wiring harness and new design engine mounted modulator.
I can tell for sure this too hasn't solved the problem and in fact new serious security threat has come up - that is gear shifting to neutral while driving on road.

I too had this issue. With my T8 AMT.
All this happened when my vehicle clocked at around 5000kms. Had couple of instances, out of that one time me and family just missed a huge accident. Vehicle got stuck in the middle of road (gear automatically fall to neutral and not sensing any gear levels) while I was overtaking a van.
Once my vehicle got toed on flat bed tempo all the way from Kanyakumari to Cochin because of amt issue (amt not falling to any gears), which happened in less than 2 months after delivering the vehicle and my very first bad experience with a vehicle.
Then another time, gear was falling to neutral while driving. Even we shift back to 1 or 2 or to amt it again shifts to neutral automatically. When I took to service centre what they said to me was it was coz of amt oil leak issue. Before that it was coz of software issue. And I felt it’s time to take things to next level and took it up very seriously. Because all this is happening in less than 12 months of purchase. I got fed up taking my vehicle to service centre. Because every month I am getting issues with my vehicle. But, fortunately the company officials responded very promptly and they rectified the issue. What said to me was, (and still I don’t know) they changed the entire amt unit and put brand new. And now it’s been around a year.. so far by Grace of God, that complaint didn’t occurred again. Thank you to that service guys.

Tajinder
Newbie TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T8

Postby Tajinder » 23 Apr 2018, 00:55

One of my friend is also having serious problems regarding gear box of TUV AMT , can discuss@ 9356533747 Mr Gurtej
Purchased TUV 300 T8 manual on 1 oct 16
Done 2500 km ,,,,only problem is rear bench seat , very uncomfortable on long journey

Tajinder
Newbie TUVian

Postby Tajinder » 23 Apr 2018, 00:56

I have modify my rear seat by inclined by 20 degree , it's quite comfortable now. I have done it myself only
Purchased TUV 300 T8 manual on 1 oct 16
Done 2500 km ,,,,only problem is rear bench seat , very uncomfortable on long journey

nitinmittal
Newbie TUVian

Postby nitinmittal » 28 Jul 2018, 00:56

Seems like M&M has done a poor job with AMT. Since it has been 3 years since the vehicle was launched, have there been any improvements between 2016 & 2018 ?

Would the forum members recommend MT variant instead ? Or is that one going through some kind of issues as well ? Kindly advice ?

Return to “Latest Updates & Announcements”