Hi Friends,

My sole purpose to start this forum is to unite all TUV 300 owners to share their experience no matter good or bad, to benefit others and bring niggles till Mahindra officials.

Please share your thoughts and publicize this forum to make our voice stand tall.

Thanks,
VP

Test Driven NuvoSport - A Short Review

Mahindra TUV 300 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
VPandey
TUVClub Admin
TUV 300 Varient: T8 AMT

Test Driven NuvoSport - A Short Review

Postby VPandey » 12 Apr 2016, 20:28

Hi All,

So I was at service center for some scheduled job and found a Test Drive NuvoSport parked there. Requested SA for a test drive and he gracefully accepted the request.

A short overview what I observed is given below:

First Impression: By looking from outside, it does have an appeal but not as TUV or XUV. Looks like a chop job of Quanto but a lighter looking back by tricking the black bumper differentiating the heavy door. So from back its as similar as Quanto but from front its all new, which will grab attention.

Interiors: One word - Horrible. Its weird and horrible. By the moment you open the door you will realize that its old quanto only. There is no symmetry in interiors, feels like a child has placed whatever wherever he liked. No finishing and quality of plastic used is very bad. No bottle holder in back door with clumsy looking jump seats (of no use). Everything from lock and unlock handle looks flimsy, seems retained from Quanto.

Engine & Driving: 100 BHP engine has more power than TUV but not as silent as TUV. It creates lot of noise even on slow RPMs as well. Nuvo was picking up quickly but changing gears require some real effort as gears are sticky, you need to apply force to shift them. Also found very easy to drive, which will get some attraction.

Infotainmnet System: A touch screen placed in such a manner that you have to move you head down to look whats being displayed on touch screen but sound quality is better than TUV.

Final Verdict: By looking the attractive front and muscular design this will attract people but not for who wants a class. Semi urban rural people would like more due to price and macho look. But definitely a blunder from Mahindra by placing it over TUV. They could have done a 100 BHP engine with such features with a possible T10 version of TUV and could have placed this NuvoSport between KUV and TUV - It would have been a hit.

Thanks,
VP
Mahindra TUV 300 T8 AMT
Logan DLS 1.5 dCI, Alto LX, Indica Xeta

vvmenon
Newbie TUVian

Re: Test Driven NuvoSport - A Short Review

Postby vvmenon » 06 May 2016, 13:50

Thanks, I too had a test drive of nuvosport. Some items, I would like to see those on TUV as well, especially the reclining seats at the middle, neatly tucked car jack and levers. Black plastic outline on the wheel arches( as well as around the body). Few pictures attached ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, Vinod
TUV 300, T8 AMT; Honda City SMT 2010

My Old buddies: Premier Padmini 1983, Tata Indica Xeta Glx, Tata Nano, Maruti Suzuki Ritz

vvmenon
Newbie TUVian

Re: Test Driven NuvoSport - A Short Review

Postby vvmenon » 06 May 2016, 14:11

And these are the three things - 1. Reclining middle row - I think TUV got too straight middle row. 2. Proper mobile holding area (cant keep my 5.5inch phone anywhere in TUV) 3. Wheel arches, which are part of the body - not the over projected accessory which Mahindra is trying hard to sell.
Thanks, Vinod
TUV 300, T8 AMT; Honda City SMT 2010

My Old buddies: Premier Padmini 1983, Tata Indica Xeta Glx, Tata Nano, Maruti Suzuki Ritz

VPandey
TUVClub Admin

Re: RE: Re: Test Driven NuvoSport - A Short Review

Postby VPandey » 06 May 2016, 14:24

vvmenon wrote:Thanks, I too had a test drive of nuvosport. Some items, I would like to see those on TUV as well, especially the reclining seats at the middle, neatly tucked car jack and levers. Black plastic outline on the wheel arches( as well as around the body). Few pictures attached ImageImageImage

Don't worry sooner or later everything will be available in TUV as well. Because they are trying hard to incubate all possible combinations.

Future product line should be KUV 84 bhp KUV AMT, TUV Automatic, NuvoSport 2.2, TUV 2.2 etc etc etc.
vvmenon wrote:And these are the three things - 1. Reclining middle row - I think TUV got too straight middle row. 2. Proper mobile holding area (cant keep my 5.5inch phone anywhere in TUV) 3. Wheel arches, which are part of the body - not the over projected accessory which Mahindra is trying hard to sell.
Mahindra TUV 300 T8 AMT

VPandey
TUVClub Admin

Re: RE: Re: Test Driven NuvoSport - A Short Review

Postby VPandey » 06 May 2016, 14:24

vvmenon wrote:Thanks, I too had a test drive of nuvosport. Some items, I would like to see those on TUV as well, especially the reclining seats at the middle, neatly tucked car jack and levers. Black plastic outline on the wheel arches( as well as around the body). Few pictures attached ImageImageImage

Don't worry sooner or later everything will be available in TUV as well. Because they are trying hard to incubate all possible combinations.

Future product line should be KUV 84 bhp KUV AMT, TUV Automatic, NuvoSport 2.2, TUV 2.2 etc etc etc.
vvmenon wrote:And these are the three things - 1. Reclining middle row - I think TUV got too straight middle row. 2. Proper mobile holding area (cant keep my 5.5inch phone anywhere in TUV) 3. Wheel arches, which are part of the body - not the over projected accessory which Mahindra is trying hard to sell.
Mahindra TUV 300 T8 AMT

Return to “Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports”