Hi Friends,

My sole purpose to start this forum is to unite all TUV 300 owners to share their experience no matter good or bad, to benefit others and bring niggles till Mahindra officials.

Please share your thoughts and publicize this forum to make our voice stand tall.

Thanks,
VP

PDI of TUV-T8-MT-100BHP

Mahindra TUV 300 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
morgen
Newbie TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T8 AMT

PDI of TUV-T8-MT-100BHP

Postby morgen » 04 Oct 2016, 10:28

Hi all,

I did PDI for my vehicle yesterday, due to delays in the cheque clearing, I will be able to take the tank home on 6th october only :cry:
In my PDI I noticed the following, please respond based on your experience:
1. In my vehicle as well as another new vehicle, engine idling rpm goes down by 100-150 below 950 when gear is engaged, however, test drive was a pleasure, no rattline noise, engine seemed powerful and showed no signs of stress. Vehicle is manufactured on 13th sept 2016.
2. I noticed that gear indication digit (1-5, N, R) on DIS disappeared while clutch was pressed, is it normal?
3. Fit and finish was pretty bad on rubber parts, such as door and window seals, I even found door rubber seal cracked in 1 or 2 places, seemed like rat bites. However, doors were closing properly. If door rubber seal is cracked, what could be the impact on NVH, AC? When I reported this to the dealer, he said this can be changed for Rs. 100 or so during first service. What to do?

Regards,
Morgen

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T8 AMT

Re: PDI of TUV-T8-MT-100BHP

Postby Sharadkt » 06 Oct 2016, 12:10

morgen wrote:Hi all,

I did PDI for my vehicle yesterday, due to delays in the cheque clearing, I will be able to take the tank home on 6th october only :cry:
In my PDI I noticed the following, please respond based on your experience:
1. In my vehicle as well as another new vehicle, engine idling rpm goes down by 100-150 below 950 when gear is engaged, however, test drive was a pleasure, no rattline noise, engine seemed powerful and showed no signs of stress. Vehicle is manufactured on 13th sept 2016.
2. I noticed that gear indication digit (1-5, N, R) on DIS disappeared while clutch was pressed, is it normal?
3. Fit and finish was pretty bad on rubber parts, such as door and window seals, I even found door rubber seal cracked in 1 or 2 places, seemed like rat bites. However, doors were closing properly. If door rubber seal is cracked, what could be the impact on NVH, AC? When I reported this to the dealer, he said this can be changed for Rs. 100 or so during first service. What to do?

Regards,
Morgen

Point no 1 is reported by existing owners of mHawk100 so I presume it to be normal.

Point no 2 is quite normal

Point no 3 - write to Mahindra customer care and regional team and ensure it is changed before delivery and that too at free of cost.

Regards,
Sharad

clamfrog82
Newbie TUVian

Re: PDI of TUV-T8-MT-100BHP

Postby clamfrog82 » 29 Oct 2016, 13:04

Don't pay a single penny on rubber beading. You are buying a car worth a million rupees and Mahindra should ensure the car is delivered in a pristine condition with all cosmetic and mechanical issues taken out. Ask your service advisor to change the rubber beading on the affected door. If rubber beading is cracked, it might be a sign of vehicle kept in the sun for too long. During the rainy season, a cracked rubber beading might let water inside the cabin. So ensure you have checked all these properly before taking delivery. Also, decode the VIN of your car to find out which year the car was manufactured.

Return to “Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports”