Hi Friends,

My sole purpose to start this forum is to unite all TUV 300 owners to share their experience no matter good or bad, to benefit others and bring niggles till Mahindra officials.

Please share your thoughts and publicize this forum to make our voice stand tall.

Thanks,
VP

RPM Goes Down When Gear is Engaged

Mahindra TUV 300 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports
CautionDriveSlow
Newbie TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T8

RPM Goes Down When Gear is Engaged

Postby CautionDriveSlow » 30 Aug 2016, 11:37

Hi Every One,

I am using TUV 300 T8 since Nov 2015, After 1st serving noticed that, when gear is engaged RPM is going down a little bit at Idling stage , discussed with service manager and he said not to worry bcoz of Dual Mass Flywheel it happens like that. I am worried as i was aware decade back cars are like this, when AC is ON at idling stage.

Please help me with your suggestions

Regards
SHRI C

VPandey
TUVClub Admin
TUV 300 Varient: T8 AMT

Re: RPM Goes Down When Gear is Engaged

Postby VPandey » 30 Aug 2016, 12:07

CautionDriveSlow wrote:Hi Every One,

I am using TUV 300 T8 since Nov 2015, After 1st serving noticed that, when gear is engaged RPM is going down a little bit at Idling stage , discussed with service manager and he said not to worry bcoz of Dual Mass Flywheel it happens like that. I am worried as i was aware decade back cars are like this, when AC is ON at idling stage.

Please help me with your suggestions

Regards
SHRI C

RPM should never go down till idling level in any case if A pedal is pressed. I would suggest take it to service center and compare with any other TUV in stock or their Test Drive vehicle and if things are not normal then tell them to fix.

Include your area head from Mahindra too in conversations.

Thanks,
VP
Mahindra TUV 300 T8 AMT
Logan DLS 1.5 dCI, Alto LX, Indica Xeta

CautionDriveSlow
Newbie TUVian

Postby CautionDriveSlow » 30 Aug 2016, 17:58

Thanks Vpandey, I will take vehicle to service and check with other TUV vehicles too

Subendu
Newbie TUVian

Postby Subendu » 08 Sep 2016, 18:18

Hi,

I have T8 manual and faced the same issue. The service engineer told me that if the rpm is between 950 -1000, it is ok. It should not go below 950. I got my 2nd service done yesterday and rpm looks ok. Let me see for few kms and will update.

Regards,
Subendu

Subendu
Newbie TUVian

Postby Subendu » 19 Sep 2016, 12:12

Hi,

Here an update...
After second service I went to Mangalore over the weekend. No issues while going but on returning the RPM was going down to 500 which resulted in loss of power and it made very difficult to drive on the hills. Well, some how managed to reach home and then requested to tow the vehicle to service station.
After all the inspection for 4 days, on 5th day they could figure out that the vaccum modulator was the culprit. Initially they told me that clutch plate might have burned out. I was literally scared and surprised since most of my drive is on highways, city drive is only 20% or so.
As of now it is running good.

Akramkhan
Newbie TUVian

Postby Akramkhan » 21 Sep 2016, 13:16

Hi All,

i have also the same issue of RPM going down to 900 with humming sound and vibration felt on the pedals whenever gear is engaged. The SA told that there is no problem but i don't believe them. Also i did checked their showroom display vehicle and the it behaved the same way. Don't know how to get it rectified. Any suggestion Please.
Regards,
Akram

ankur
Newbie TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T4+

Postby ankur » 21 Sep 2016, 16:52

Akramkhan wrote:Hi All,

i have also the same issue of RPM going down to 900 with humming sound and vibration felt on the pedals whenever gear is engaged. The SA told that there is no problem but i don't believe them. Also i did checked their showroom display vehicle and the it behaved the same way. Don't know how to get it rectified. Any suggestion Please.

If you are feeling vibrations/friction in any of the pedal then get your vaccume modulator changed, it is know issue and they do not get convinced easily. Ask them to open a job card, and check thoroughly. If they still dont change it, then send a mail to mahindra officials with the audio or video of the sound.

I too faced the same problem in pedal A and C.

Akramkhan
Newbie TUVian

Postby Akramkhan » 21 Sep 2016, 17:06

Thanks Ankur... will adhere to ur suggestion

Sent from my SM-E500H using Tapatalk
Regards,
Akram

clamfrog82
Newbie TUVian

Postby clamfrog82 » 29 Oct 2016, 12:58

Sincere advice to all TUV owners here who have bought TUV before Mar 2016, please do get your FDM (Fuel Delivery Module), Vacuum Modulator and Resonator replaced under warranty. These early models of TUV have been reported to have failed FDM, Vacuum modulator and resonators. These would result in unusual engine noise and drop of power along with a hissing sound from the engine bay (vacuum modulator issue). When power drops, we tend to rev the engine harder and maybe use half clutch as well, and this in turn results in premature clutch wear. Please do remember, Clutch is a consumable and will not be covered under warranty.

ankur
Newbie TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T4+

Postby ankur » 29 Oct 2016, 18:59

clamfrog82 wrote:Sincere advice to all TUV owners here who have bought TUV before Mar 2016, please do get your FDM (Fuel Delivery Module), Vacuum Modulator and Resonator replaced under warranty. These early models of TUV have been reported to have failed FDM, Vacuum modulator and resonators. These would result in unusual engine noise and drop of power along with a hissing sound from the engine bay (vacuum modulator issue). When power drops, we tend to rev the engine harder and maybe use half clutch as well, and this in turn results in premature clutch wear. Please do remember, Clutch is a consumable and will not be covered under warranty.

Sorry if i am asking too many questions, but since i know nothing about these parts therefore i have no choice.

1) I bought the vehicle on 11th march and manufacturing date was jan 2016. Do i need to get these parts replaced?
2) How would i convince the service center to replace them? I would definitely going to need some reason or observation of a malfunction in my tank. This is very important so please elaborate here as much as possible.
3) Even if they do change these parts, wouldn't these parts need replacement again in future? if yes then how soon would i need to replace them again?

Return to “Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports”