Hi Friends,

My sole purpose to start this forum is to unite all TUV 300 owners to share their experience no matter good or bad, to benefit others and bring niggles till Mahindra officials.

Please share your thoughts and publicize this forum to make our voice stand tall.

Thanks,
VP

Should I buy the TUV300 100hp?

All your Suggestions & Feedback comes here.
nick
Newbie TUVian

Should I buy the TUV300 100hp?

Postby nick » 09 Jun 2016, 05:09

I no. Same old question. But still, you guys are pros in this. No better place to get my head cleared.

This would be my first upgrade from 12yr old Hyundai Santro. Seriously looking for a tall SUV. I love the TUV3oo from the day it was launched. I did a TD sometime back, but was disappointed with the power. Really felt under-powered. But now, all news about the updated 100hp engine. Is there really a big difference? Or just in numbers? Im a 6ft heavy guy. I loved the tall feel :mrgreen: . I have read some reviews where the car broke down suddenly or battery issues/rattling after a week of purchase. Has these been rectified?

Any inputs/advice would be really useful. TD Ecosport and Breeza but still confused. (Yet to TD the new 100hp)

Nick

dieselburner
Newbie TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T8

Re: Should I buy the TUV300 100hp?

Postby dieselburner » 09 Jun 2016, 09:52

I own TUV T8 manual and drove around 12k kms, touchwood there are no issues till now (only some very minor which are taken care of). Yes mhawk80 lacks some power but it is good for city driving. My running is appx 60% on highways and i am not disappointed by the power of small mill, it can easily go upto 120 but beyond that one need to push hard. So I am ok with these speed limits on indan roads.

Yes sometimes while overtaking on highways one need some extra punch of power that is missed in mhawk80 but in 100 bhp I think that issue will not be faced.

the car is headturner for sure, many times people walk up and enquire about the vehicle and its performance.
out of ecosport & breeza it offers maximum cabin space with extra seating option(though not very useful but atleast present) and gives you a feel of real SUV while driving.
Regarding the issues faced in the vehicle these are mainly on the AMT variant, so avoid AMT go for manual.

nick wrote:I no. Same old question. But still, you guys are pros in this. No better place to get my head cleared.

This would be my first upgrade from 12yr old Hyundai Santro. Seriously looking for a tall SUV. I love the TUV3oo from the day it was launched. I did a TD sometime back, but was disappointed with the power. Really felt under-powered. But now, all news about the updated 100hp engine. Is there really a big difference? Or just in numbers? Im a 6ft heavy guy. I loved the tall feel :mrgreen: . I have read some reviews where the car broke down suddenly or battery issues/rattling after a week of purchase. Has these been rectified?

Any inputs/advice would be really useful. TD Ecosport and Breeza but still confused. (Yet to TD the new 100hp)

Nick
TUV300 T8, Dzire VDi, i20 magna(o)(p), Zen Estilo Lxi

VPandey
TUVClub Admin
TUV 300 Varient: T8 AMT

Postby VPandey » 09 Jun 2016, 12:25

nick wrote:I no. Same old question. But still, you guys are pros in this. No better place to get my head cleared.

Hi Nick,

Welcome to the TUV Club.

I would suggest to test drive again n again untill you feel satisfied your self. Its a vehicle which cant be judged by just having opinions and short test drives. There were niggles and problems with AMT. Also don't buy if you have slight hesitation because later that will translate in to big set back (like other AMT owners).

I have test driven 100 bhp manual couple of times but found a lot more noisier than the 84 bhp (which lacks in power at some situations). The gear lever vibrates and you can expect rattlings every now and then.

Final verdict - go for it if you need 7 seats and a SUVish feel otherwise other options are doing better than TUV in market.

Thanks,
VP
Mahindra TUV 300 T8 AMT
Logan DLS 1.5 dCI, Alto LX, Indica Xeta

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian

Re: RE: Should I buy the TUV300 100hp?

Postby Sharadkt » 09 Jun 2016, 13:14

Nick

A straight and strict NO without getting into the details of bhp, looks and features. I have owned three brands before moving to Mahindra. They were Maruti, Toyota and Hyundai in that order.

In all these brands, I visited service center only for routine service, change wiper blades, rectify/ replace parts mostly electricals damaged by rats. Yes twice to claim insurance for accidental damage. One has to be really and extremely unlucky to have a defective cars and that too engine and transmission defects from them. Such is their quality control.

With Mahindra you have to be rare, blessed and very lucky and numb too to get a car without defects. While electronic defects are given, transmission and engine defects too are not uncommon. The plant people have confirmed they don't have Quality department, they don't know what is product validation.

So Mahindra will pick up and drop your vehicle for service and repairs FOC, will give you a loaner XUV or Scorpio, will rectify many minor faults FOC, will throw plant engineers at you if you still not satisfied but ultimately you bought the car to drive and not repair.

I spent 11.4 lacs on TUV300 AMT on road, further 60000 for accessories but I can't enjoy. Even at the time of writing this I am driving a loaner XUV. I spent 2 hours with plant engineer doing a joint test ride, this would be third such, but end result is they acknowledged no fault so car is washed and will be returned back to me.

In my 20 plus years of driving career first time I was stranded on a highway with parents, two small kids and wife for engine fault. I have had many highway punctures and engine heats but they were under my control, curable.

Hope you get it, do remember the premium charged by other brands mentioned is against quality which we miss to understand while buying and repent later.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

nick
Newbie TUVian

Postby nick » 10 Jun 2016, 00:51

Thank you all for the quick feedback!

@dieselburner & @VPandey: I will TD again as suggested.

@Sharadkt: Really sad to hear what happ with your tank. Hope u get it rectified soon.

Another question I have, all these issues Im hearing is mostly with AMT. Is that true? MT owners, please shed some light on ur experiencen and issues faced till now.

Nick

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian

Re: RE: Re: Should I buy the TUV300 100hp?

Postby Sharadkt » 10 Jun 2016, 06:13

nick wrote:Thank you all for the quick feedback!

@dieselburner & @VPandey: I will TD again as suggested.

@Sharadkt: Really sad to hear what happ with your tank. Hope u get it rectified soon.

Another question I have, all these issues Im hearing is mostly with AMT. Is that true? MT owners, please shed some light on ur experiencen and issues faced till now.

Nick

I drove a manual one full week and took it from Chandigarh to Amritsar, with 6 adults and three kids. Due to 40 degrees temperature AC was full and on blower on third, still third row kids were sweating. Further on 4 lane highway it was fine but when had to drive on 2 lane highway with no divider I had my heart in my mouth doing overtaking. I would shift to third or fourth still no power and with roadways buses, fortuners, boleros going in full speed, finding the gap, taking the quick move all were just impossible and unnerving. I am sure additional 16 HPs and 10 nm torque can't make a huge difference to that.

But yes manual is free from transmission niggles.

Regards,
Sharad

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

nick
Newbie TUVian

Postby nick » 12 Jun 2016, 00:40

Guys,

TD the TUV300 100. I must say, the extra hp does kicks in. Now, the tanks zooms forward in ease. I drove for 8-10Km in b-b traffic and highways. Feels rock solid. My only worry now is the quality on interiors. Can you guys comment on this plz? Also the music system is bad. Can someone tell me if changing the speakers(which ones/prices) is enough or the whole head unit? If whole unit, which one to go for? Will it void warranty?

Waiting for all your inputs. Almost deciding on getting the tank.

Nick

dieselburner
Newbie TUVian

Postby dieselburner » 12 Jun 2016, 11:54

@nick - I own a manual T8 version, no niggles in manual till now. yes sometimes on highways you need extra power that is now also taken care of with 100bhp engine.

@sharad - I stay in gurgaon and my business involves lot of travelling to punjab/uttrakhand/haryana/chandigarh. in the scorching summer also with 5 people on board AC was doing a good job, initially you need to have blower on 3 but gradually it is down to 2 also on long highway drives when cabin is cooled, though have never travelled with someone at jump seats so cant commit on cooling over there. On a 4 lane road you are correct that TUV can cruise at 120 kmph without any issue and I solely miss the extra power on 4 lane roads, however on 2 lane/single roads I dont feel any issue in overtaking or downshifting as the max torque is available at low RPM's so that is also taken care of.
TUV300 T8, Dzire VDi, i20 magna(o)(p), Zen Estilo Lxi

Subendu
Newbie TUVian

Postby Subendu » 19 Sep 2016, 11:56

Hi guys,

I own TUV300 T8 MT which delivers 81 BHP. The vehicle is good for the price you pay compared to the size. Till now I have covered more than 11K and faced some issues with after the second service. They kept my vehicle for five days and I got it delivered yesterday. The problem I faced was it was losing power all of a sudden on little inclination. The RPM was reducing to almost 500 which was not allowing the vehicle to move. After all the inspection, they could figure out that the vaccum modulator was the culprit. Initially they told me that clutch plate might have burned out. I was literally scared and surprised since most of my drive is on highways, city drive is only 20% or so. I have travelled twice to Mumbai from Bangalore. Recently I have been to Mangalore, the road is pretty much good but there is a patch which is completely broken but with this beast it was easy going (family enjoyed it).

As far as running is concerned, it runs good. I had tested this vehicle with full load where all my family members were boarded which includes 6 adult and 2 children with luggage covering all the boot space till top. The drive was absolutely as expected, pickup was good, it was from Pune to Mumbai.

I had Maruti 800 for 9 yrs and never ever faced any issues anywhere. I had to sell it since I did not had enough space for 2 vehicles. I miss that car though...
With Mahindra service it is a kind of gamble. If you are lucky then no issues but otherwise, it is going to take some valuable days from your schedule.

As others said, do go for a test drive specially on bad roads. driving on plain roads will not be justified since you are not looking for a sophisticated small, hatchback or sedan.

Good luck and do share your experience.

-- Subendu

dattha3
Newbie TUVian

Postby dattha3 » 12 Oct 2016, 20:52

I got TUV 300 T8 Mhawk 100 - it is good. I went on a long drive and easily touched 120Kmph+
it is better than t8 80

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”