Hi Friends,

My sole purpose to start this forum is to unite all TUV 300 owners to share their experience no matter good or bad, to benefit others and bring niggles till Mahindra officials.

Please share your thoughts and publicize this forum to make our voice stand tall.

Thanks,
VP

Can you convert Auto Drive to Manual Drive

Introduce Yourselves, Your Ride, Get Familiar!
Momaz
Newbie TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T8 AMT

Can you convert Auto Drive to Manual Drive

Postby Momaz » 02 Nov 2016, 06:56

Hello everyone I am Rabi from Kathmandu, Nepal. I own the TUV300 T8 AMT. I would like to know if anyone has any idea if I can convert the AMT to a manual drive. Its just that driving the AMT in the roads of Kathmandu has so many issue, you just cant have a smooth ride. Specially when you are stuck in a jam in an uphill the pickup of the TUV is not instantly responsive so the car actually rolls backward, therefore in such situations I am using the handbrakes as the clutch.

Thank you in advance for everyone who is willing to give me information regarding the conversion I am looking towards.

Akramkhan
Newbie TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T8

Re: Can you convert Auto Drive to Manual Drive

Postby Akramkhan » 30 Nov 2016, 12:08

Hi momaz,

Yes it can be done but will cost u a lot of money. The warranty will also be void. You should have done lot of test drives before finalising. Anyways my suggestion would be to stick to AMT and gradually u will learn to deal with it. Perform some mock drives when the traffic density is low.

Regards
Akram Khan

Sent from my SM-E500H using Tapatalk
Regards,
Akram

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian

Postby Sharadkt » 30 Nov 2016, 15:01

Momaz wrote:Hello everyone I am Rabi from Kathmandu, Nepal. I own the TUV300 T8 AMT. I would like to know if anyone has any idea if I can convert the AMT to a manual drive. Its just that driving the AMT in the roads of Kathmandu has so many issue, you just cant have a smooth ride. Specially when you are stuck in a jam in an uphill the pickup of the TUV is not instantly responsive so the car actually rolls backward, therefore in such situations I am using the handbrakes as the clutch.

Thank you in advance for everyone who is willing to give me information regarding the conversion I am looking towards.

Try to learn or master what you have bought and paid for. Knowing the place (Kathmandu), I can understand what it is like to drive TUV AMT here but you will learn slowly if you intend to.

Tip on handbrake -
Engage handbrake to stop the roll over and keep your foot on brakes
When the traffic start, first remove your foot from brakes, this will ensure creep to kick in
Now disengage handbrake and use light pressure on accelerator pedal. TUV will move on easily with any jerk / efforts.

Practice above when there is no traffic to master. Avoid unnecessary heavy footing accelerator pedal as it will only increase rpm and noise, AMT transmission will take its own time to shift gears and power bands.

Regards,
Sharad

ARUNVISWANADH
Newbie TUVian

Postby ARUNVISWANADH » 09 Jul 2017, 16:50

Hope, by this time you might have learned to manage AMT.
I am also having an AMT, as you are aware there is manual option in AMT to change to manual whenever required.
I just shift to manual, in case of an overtaking or while climbing a hill. Just drive like a manual car. So easy.

Return to “Welcome New Members”