Hi Friends,

My sole purpose to start this forum is to unite all TUV 300 owners to share their experience no matter good or bad, to benefit others and bring niggles till Mahindra officials.

Please share your thoughts and publicize this forum to make our voice stand tall.

Thanks,
VP

joining the group

Introduce Yourselves, Your Ride, Get Familiar!
imventurer
Newbie TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T8

Re: joining the group

Postby imventurer » 10 Aug 2016, 19:00

Hi all, I've booked my mHawk100 MT variant and can't wait to get my hands on it. This was the first forum that I browsed through before understanding my fondness for the Tank. Have also been doing quite some research on the vehicle and accumulating knowledge through various fora.
What slightly bothers me is the absence of differential locking in the rear axle and the lack of talks about the same everywhere.
M&M did listen to the customer roars before upgrading the engine from 84 to 102 bhp. However, the issue of tailspin still remains.

For those who may not be aware, the power through the rear axle is distributed in a manner that it goes maximum towards the wheel with less traction; thereby letting the wheel spin and the one which has better traction to stay underpowered. This is because there is no differential locking in the rear axle.
There is a company called Eaton which provides Differential Locking for Thar to Mahindra, however, its about time Mahindra begins to recall its vehicle for installing the differential locking in the TUV3OO as well. The same is available for installation from Eaton for Rs. 28,000/- but ideal Mahindra should do this for its customers.

What are your opinions on this?
Cheers,
imventurer

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T8 AMT

Postby Sharadkt » 11 Aug 2016, 10:38

imventurer wrote:Hi all, I've booked my mHawk100 MT variant and can't wait to get my hands on it. This was the first forum that I browsed through before understanding my fondness for the Tank. Have also been doing quite some research on the vehicle and accumulating knowledge through various fora.
What slightly bothers me is the absence of differential locking in the rear axle and the lack of talks about the same everywhere.
M&M did listen to the customer roars before upgrading the engine from 84 to 102 bhp. However, the issue of tailspin still remains.

For those who may not be aware, the power through the rear axle is distributed in a manner that it goes maximum towards the wheel with less traction; thereby letting the wheel spin and the one which has better traction to stay underpowered. This is because there is no differential locking in the rear axle.
There is a company called Eaton which provides Differential Locking for Thar to Mahindra, however, its about time Mahindra begins to recall its vehicle for installing the differential locking in the TUV3OO as well. The same is available for installation from Eaton for Rs. 28,000/- but ideal Mahindra should do this for its customers.

What are your opinions on this?

Congratulations on booking the TANK. there are many owners who are facing wheel spin issue, unfortunately they haven't documented it on this forum. They are in touch with Mahindra Customer Care, engaging on twitter and various WhatsApp groups.

Mahindra may / will add AWD, 4cyl engine, differential locking, better middle seats in future variations of TUV300 (based on sales numbers) but will never do a single thing for existing owners as it did in the case of upgrading the engine from 84 to 102 BHP.

This is the reason we / existing owners are not roaring, and this month's increase in sales and so many booking announcements tell me that prospective buyers too are not roaring so Mahindra would do nothing ideally till sales number and bookings don't dip :lol:

Further every new buyer in this forum and other forums seems super duper happy for what he is getting for the money paid.

Regards,
Sharad

imventurer
Newbie TUVian

Postby imventurer » 11 Aug 2016, 18:55

4cyl and AWD! Should I wait? I'm yet to get the Delivery Order sent to the dealer. But then, there's no end to it. And it's going to be more expensive.
I've done some ground research, and in case the wheel-spin issue remains; I might as well just upgrade to Differential locking.
Here's the link. I spoke to the Zonal head who told me that it's easy to install and they would send their engineer to do the same.
http://www.eaton.in/EatonIN/ProductsSer ... PCT_329342

I should be sharing my posts here soon.
Cheers
Cheers,
imventurer

TUVCA
Newbie TUVian

Postby TUVCA » 12 Aug 2016, 17:51

Hello Everyone,

Me's Chetan Aggarwal form Mumbai.. have bght the TUV 300 in the month of March this year.. Have got the T8 AMT .. My first big sized vehicle.. have driven abt 3500 kms .. loving the verhicle in terms of driving pleasure ..

imventurer
Newbie TUVian

Postby imventurer » 22 Aug 2016, 16:06

She's finally here. Purchased the Tank from Koncept Mahindra, Lajpat Nagar. The SA, Mohit Saxena, was very helpful and helped in smooth sailing of stuff. He kept himself involved and active and finally got the handover at around 9pm. Full points to him, but not for the dealership.

Visited BK Tyres in Lajpat Nagar the next day and swapped the OEM Wheels and Ceat Czar tryes for Plati Alloys and Yokohama Geolandar All Terrains of the same dimensions. Didn't want to fiddle with the specs so as to preserve the FE and readings. Costed me just 17k for the overall swapping. She looks nice, what say? 8-)
TUV3OO.jpg
The Dark Knight
Cheers,
imventurer

imventurer
Newbie TUVian

Postby imventurer » 22 Aug 2016, 16:21

Sharadkt wrote:Mahindra may / will add AWD, 4cyl engine, differential locking, better middle seats in future variations of TUV300 (based on sales numbers) but will never do a single thing for existing owners as it did in the case of upgrading the engine from 84 to 102 BHP.

I hope you're aware of RD Dieseltronics Piggyback ECU. :idea:
http://dieseltronic.racedynamics.com/

It's quite a handy device which is "plugged in" between the Engine and the ECU and is capable of providing you power up to 118bhp on your mHawk80 Engines and torque upto 320nm. A user has reported FE of around 11 with 118bhp and 320nm Torque. :twisted:
The device also have various modes like Default, max efficiency, max power and Best Power and Efficiency modes.
For a price of 20k, and the fact that it does not void warranty, the device seems great; given that it's a plug and play with easy installation and removability.

Cheers
Cheers,
imventurer

kavena78
Newbie TUVian

Postby kavena78 » 22 Aug 2016, 18:42

Hi, this is Vivek from Pune and waiting for T8 AMT delivery somewhere near end of Aug. This forum has helped me to decide on TUV. Thanks. Looking for help on the accessories preferred from Pune.

Sent from my Lenovo K50-t5 using Tapatalk

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian

Re: RE: Re: joining the group

Postby Sharadkt » 22 Aug 2016, 20:39

imventurer wrote:
Sharadkt wrote:Mahindra may / will add AWD, 4cyl engine, differential locking, better middle seats in future variations of TUV300 (based on sales numbers) but will never do a single thing for existing owners as it did in the case of upgrading the engine from 84 to 102 BHP.

I hope you're aware of RD Dieseltronics Piggyback ECU. :idea:
http://dieseltronic.racedynamics.com/

It's quite a handy device which is "plugged in" between the Engine and the ECU and is capable of providing you power up to 118bhp on your mHawk80 Engines and torque upto 320nm. A user has reported FE of around 11 with 118bhp and 320nm Torque. :twisted:
The device also have various modes like Default, max efficiency, max power and Best Power and Efficiency modes.
For a price of 20k, and the fact that it does not void warranty, the device seems great; given that it's a plug and play with easy installation and removability.

Cheers

Check elsewhere on the forums, we are already discussing this stuff in detail.

Regards,
Sharad

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian

Postby Sharadkt » 23 Aug 2016, 13:38

kavena78 wrote:Hi, this is Vivek from Pune and waiting for T8 AMT delivery somewhere near end of Aug. This forum has helped me to decide on TUV. Thanks. Looking for help on the accessories preferred from Pune.

speakers upgrade & seat covers are must. Rogerabs would be good if you find suspension and body roll too much for comfort. mobile holder since you would not find a place to keep your mobile. Rear camera if you are upgrading from hatchback and find reversing difficult, you can upgrade rear view mirror to the one with rear camera support instead of cluttering your dashboard.

Many have gone for GPS, I find a mobile with google map in the mobile holder more than enough unless you go to remote places without network coverage.

rest all is your preference, taste etc.

kavena78
Newbie TUVian

Re: RE: Re: joining the group

Postby kavena78 » 23 Aug 2016, 16:09

Sharadkt wrote:
kavena78 wrote:Hi, this is Vivek from Pune and waiting for T8 AMT delivery somewhere near end of Aug. This forum has helped me to decide on TUV. Thanks. Looking for help on the accessories preferred from Pune.

speakers upgrade & seat covers are must. Rogerabs would be good if you find suspension and body roll too much for comfort. mobile holder since you would not find a place to keep your mobile. Rear camera if you are upgrading from hatchback and find reversing difficult, you can upgrade rear view mirror to the one with rear camera support instead of cluttering your dashboard.

Many have gone for GPS, I find a mobile with google map in the mobile holder more than enough unless you go to remote places without network coverage.

rest all is your preference, taste etc.

Thanks Sharad.

Return to “Welcome New Members”