Hi Friends,

My sole purpose to start this forum is to unite all TUV 300 owners to share their experience no matter good or bad, to benefit others and bring niggles till Mahindra officials.

Please share your thoughts and publicize this forum to make our voice stand tall.

Thanks,
VP

two weeks with the TUV

Latest updates and announcements regarding forum.
shankarnarayan
Newbie TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T8

two weeks with the TUV

Postby shankarnarayan » 03 Jul 2016, 18:22

Hello all,
Its 2 weeks with my T8 100 bhp and it looks like a vehicle that will slowly grow on you. First thing to like about it is its driveability in traffic - 3rd gear goes as low as 20-25 kmph. Though this is my first diesel, I find NVH levels are quite acceptable. Not checked out mileage yet. One grouse is the comfort of driver seat - I am not able to find a comfortable position with the the foot positioned on the clutch - the knee tends to ache after sometime. I think the clutch pedal position is too close and at an odd angle so the left foot has to be near vertical. I am not getting the right position of tilt steering - seat height - seat inclination - pedal position.
There is a bit of body roll on bad roads but the suspension dampens the bumps to a large extent.I also find the head lights a bit dim, even in high beam the reach is not too much. But the static bending lamps are a boon around the corner. I am getting hooked to the micro hybrid though one always has a fear as to whether the car will restart in bumper traffic. No problems yet! AC blower in the lowest setting is also too powerful - I wish there was a setting one step lower.
The middle seat is rather bench like and not as comfy as a sedan. wonder how it will be on a long ride. Haven't had any one sit in the jump seats yet.
More in the next.
Shankar

Nneeoo
Newbie TUVian

Re: two weeks with the TUV

Postby Nneeoo » 03 Jul 2016, 18:37

Congratulations Shanker!!!!

How much you've driven it in last 2 weeks? How much it costed you on road and have u upgraded it with any accessories?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shankarnarayan
Newbie TUVian

Postby shankarnarayan » 03 Jul 2016, 18:57

Nearing 1000 km. No acccessories yet - T8 doesn't need much.

amitkunjean
Newbie TUVian

Postby amitkunjean » 12 Jul 2016, 21:40

shankarnarayan wrote:Hello all,
Its 2 weeks with my T8 100 bhp and it looks like a vehicle that will slowly grow on you. First thing to like about it is its driveability in traffic - 3rd gear goes as low as 20-25 kmph. Though this is my first diesel, I find NVH levels are quite acceptable. Not checked out mileage yet. One grouse is the comfort of driver seat - I am not able to find a comfortable position with the the foot positioned on the clutch - the knee tends to ache after sometime. I think the clutch pedal position is too close and at an odd angle so the left foot has to be near vertical. I am not getting the right position of tilt steering - seat height - seat inclination - pedal position.
There is a bit of body roll on bad roads but the suspension dampens the bumps to a large extent.I also find the head lights a bit dim, even in high beam the reach is not too much. But the static bending lamps are a boon around the corner. I am getting hooked to the micro hybrid though one always has a fear as to whether the car will restart in bumper traffic. No problems yet! AC blower in the lowest setting is also too powerful - I wish there was a setting one step lower.
The middle seat is rather bench like and not as comfy as a sedan. wonder how it will be on a long ride. Haven't had any one sit in the jump seats yet.
More in the next.
Shankar

Congrats Shankar, You have to adjust your seat distance from clutch. knee should be bent when clutch is fully pressed.It took a while to get the right position for me as well.
Micro Hybrid - It will start for if you hit the clutch before you change gears. I have never turned ESS off since Oct 2015.
Did you try AC in Eco mode? Mostly i have used AC in Eco mode in lowest setting.

shankarnarayan
Newbie TUVian

Postby shankarnarayan » 28 Aug 2016, 12:50

Hello All...its about 10 weeks and +3500 kms with my TUV and I am still experiencing the clutch position problem...not able to find the right seat/steering position. I am almost 6' tall and so is my driver and he too complains of left knee pain (actually the spot just above the knee) after driving for about 10 kms esp in city traffic where you need to use the clutch often. Either the clutch pedal is too hard and it requires a strong push or it is angled too steeply and a little too close. It becomes a little tiring to drive in bumper to bumper traffic. Wonder if anyone else is having a similar issue?
One other design flaw is the steeply sloping B- pillar - esp the front door when yo open, you have to be careful that you do not smash your own face - got my specs knocked off once and from then on I have to deliberately keep a safe distance every time open the front doors. Even the C pillar has the problem but it is milder.
The seats are a little high to get in and my elderly mother has a problem. She says the foot board could have been an inch wider so that she could step on it but now it is not much useful.
Funnily enough, when I drove on ECO mode to test the fuel economy, it returned almost a km less! I got 11.8 in the ECO+ESS mode while it was 12.7 on only ESS mode. Both in city traffic with moderate AC. I really do not know what the ECO mode does, as it drastically reduces the engine power. There is also nothing by way of info about this mode in the manual.
I still have to take it out on the highway, so am not able to comment on overall performance.
Shankar

Sathishravya
Newbie TUVian

Postby Sathishravya » 29 Aug 2016, 08:44

Hi Shankar,

Congratulations on owning the "Battle tank".
You can adjust the height of steering and pull back your seat to adjust according to your height. I have found it comfortable. Head lights are bit dim but get them replaced by 100W Philips bulbs with converter kit (costs~Rs.2000) and in city use only low beam which produces more than sufficient illumination. I have been driving in AC ECO mode only and the lowest blower setting produces good effect. I have been getting 15Km/hr mileage without ECO and ESS mode in the city.
Got wax coating done on the whole body (costed Rs.3000) which the vendor claims avoids yellowing and avoids minor scratches for one year.

Sathish

shankarnarayan
Newbie TUVian

Postby shankarnarayan » 29 Aug 2016, 11:00

Satish...thanks ...I have tried all permutations and combinations of seat ht/ distance/steering ht etc but not able to find the right combo!
Yes head light is dim and thanks for the advise.
Best
Shankar

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T8 AMT

Postby Sharadkt » 29 Aug 2016, 11:18

Sathishravya wrote:Hi Shankar,

Congratulations on owning the "Battle tank".
You can adjust the height of steering and pull back your seat to adjust according to your height. I have found it comfortable. Head lights are bit dim but get them replaced by 100W Philips bulbs with converter kit (costs~Rs.2000) and in city use only low beam which produces more than sufficient illumination. I have been driving in AC ECO mode only and the lowest blower setting produces good effect. I have been getting 15Km/hr mileage without ECO and ESS mode in the city.
Got wax coating done on the whole body (costed Rs.3000) which the vendor claims avoids yellowing and avoids minor scratches for one year.

Sathish

I have T8 AMT, have got maximum mileage of 12.10 and off late getting 9.8 kmpl. This is tankful to tankful method (km done / ltrs filled) and 100% city drive. What is your mileage calculation method?

Regards,
Sharad

Sathishravya
Newbie TUVian

Postby Sathishravya » 29 Aug 2016, 14:43

Hi Sharad,

My T8 (100BHP) is Manual Transmission and mileage calculation is exactly the way you are following. I drive partially traffic congested area of Bangalore. But I do follow best practices like avoiding applying sudden brake, maintaining speed in the range of 60-80 km/hr, proper release of clutch, maintaining suggested speed at the appropriate gears, never reaching 3000 rpm at any point of time etc.

Sathish

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T8 AMT

Postby Sharadkt » 29 Aug 2016, 14:59

Sathishravya wrote:Hi Sharad,

My T8 (100BHP) is Manual Transmission and mileage calculation is exactly the way you are following. I drive partially traffic congested area of Bangalore. But I do follow best practices like avoiding applying sudden brake, maintaining speed in the range of 60-80 km/hr, proper release of clutch, maintaining suggested speed at the appropriate gears, never reaching 3000 rpm at any point of time etc.

Sathish

For me it's not in my control to use the best practices and maintain optimum speed in gears as everything is decided by the damn transmission software of AMT. Each gear change happens at 3400 RPM and unnecessary gear shifts keep happening 1-2-1 in traffic.

Regards,
Sharad

Return to “Latest Updates & Announcements”