Hi Friends,

My sole purpose to start this forum is to unite all TUV 300 owners to share their experience no matter good or bad, to benefit others and bring niggles till Mahindra officials.

Please share your thoughts and publicize this forum to make our voice stand tall.

Thanks,
VP

AMT ERRATIC BEHAVIOR AND POOR MILEAGE

Latest updates and announcements regarding forum.
libah
Newbie TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T8 AMT

AMT ERRATIC BEHAVIOR AND POOR MILEAGE

Postby libah » 16 Sep 2016, 17:55

I had purchased TUV 300 T8 AMT in March 2016. It has been a very disappointing experience since then, while driving this vehicle. The vehicle has gone to the service centre at least 5 times with complains majorly related to the AMT functioning. Every time the technical team assured that they had done the needful which turned out to be false assurance. It is surprising to see such a big and reputed company as Mahindra to launch an AMT variant with so many problems and make us invest our hard earned money to become a RND team.

Below are the few problems I am facing currently related to the AMT.

Sudden jerk when AMT shifts gears from 2nd to 1st and 1st to 2nd.

Huge pickup Lag is experienced in the 1st and 2nd gears mainly when driving in AMT and sometimes in manual too.

On 2 separate occasions the car has left gears and come to a stop with only acceleration shown in the RPM meter with no car movement even though the display was showing different gears when I tried to change them manually. I had to switch off the engine and restart it to make the car run again.

On 1 occasion tried to start the car in the morning but it didn’t start, even though the break was pressed and the gear was in Neutral. I had to switch the key to on and off position 3 times to start the engine. It felt as if the brake pedal was jammed.

Sudden jerks are felt while braking and accelerating both in manual and AMT, when the car is driven in traffic and also when reversed.

Engine knocking sound heard very frequently with a drop in acceleration mainly in the mornings. (Feeling of missing)

Poor average of not more than 10 kmpl both in city or highway driving.

Switching of gears is highly erratic, at times it happens at 4500RPM.

At times there is a huge drop in engine power which gradually comes back.

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian

Re: AMT ERRATIC BEHAVIOR AND POOR MILEAGE

Postby Sharadkt » 16 Sep 2016, 18:47

Please involve Mahindra regional team and get ECU software update to the latest one few of the issues will disappear.

Regards,
Sharad

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

kamald
Newbie TUVian

Re: AMT ERRATIC BEHAVIOR AND POOR MILEAGE

Postby kamald » 09 Nov 2016, 13:06

Hi
Same here very second day when i got my T8 AMT the sign started glowing of AMT malfunction. I took the car to workshop they did some software updates now its fine. But the main issue is to much time in gear shifting. Not happy with performance.
Also when it has to climb little hill moves back ward you need to keep hand on hand brake in such situations.

Regards
Kamal

Return to “Latest Updates & Announcements”