Hi Friends,

My sole purpose to start this forum is to unite all TUV 300 owners to share their experience no matter good or bad, to benefit others and bring niggles till Mahindra officials.

Please share your thoughts and publicize this forum to make our voice stand tall.

Thanks,
VP

UPDATE ON MY TUV300 T8 AMT

Latest updates and announcements regarding forum.
Pratap
Newbie TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T8 AMT

UPDATE ON MY TUV300 T8 AMT

Postby Pratap » 26 Feb 2017, 12:01

Finally, got back my Tanked Tank after a brand new replacement of the entire gearbox (aggregate as M&M termed it) on 23rd Feb. It's working fine and yesterday took it for 150km test cum working drive....it was like taking a just bypassed operated patient for a marathon.

Good thing is that I was given loaner car for the entire period first a Bolero then when I was not satisfied with Bolero (my comfort level is different ) they changed it with XUV500....seriously XUV500 I'm not satisfied with it too...it's got far too much rolling on rear...felt that Bolero was much better, this way I got chance of test driving these other two older member of M&M family.

Lucky that my vehicle was still under warranty and I pushed hard for totally scrapping of my vehicle so the bargain paid off with AGGREGATE replacement of gearbox.
Dealer representatives did all that they could to keep me calm throughout the ICU period same like what Apollo hospital did with AIADMK Jayalalitha supporters...but her warranty period was over..RIP
I was not charged any money whatsoever for the replacement, loaner car...moreover the authorised dealer representatives always ensured I was informed of what was going on between them and Manufacturer.
I also wanted to cross check if dealer service center has updated manufacturer on all of my previous concerns which were raised during 1000km, 10000km, 20000km services I was shown the track but sadly there was no R&D guy's involvement anywhere....or maybe they were praying for my vehicle warranty period to be completed, god knows.
Now the old gearbox is packed and sent back to M&M Nashik for R&D to do their fact findings and point fingers at each other. ....saale yeh sab teri wajah se hua...etc etc.
It reminds me of Boeing 787 Dreamliner pre launch and post launch issues with Qatar Airways. ...one have to be sheer stubborn like Akbar Al Baker.
Btw..do know that the gearbox on AMT & Manual version is same and I had the opportunity to take a look at another Red color TUV300 Manual with similar problem at Dealer service center. ...it's gearbox was also dismantled.
Ok friends hope you know what to do when and how. Wishing you all happy and safe driving. Few pictures of broken gear (acceleration) and new gearbox
Attachments
IMAG1958.jpg
IMG-20170224-WA0029.jpg
IMAG1959.jpg

aditya31
Newbie TUVian

Re: UPDATE ON MY TUV300 T8 AMT

Postby aditya31 » 26 Feb 2017, 12:08

What is meant by aggregate here

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Pratap
Newbie TUVian

Postby Pratap » 26 Feb 2017, 12:30

Complete gearbox unit. a whole formed by combining several separate elements

kamald
Newbie TUVian

Postby kamald » 27 Feb 2017, 16:10

Is there any changes while driving or they are same like Jerks in 1st and Second Gear shifts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pratap
Newbie TUVian

Postby Pratap » 28 Feb 2017, 06:53

Since I took the vehicle there are no jerks and even mileage seems to improve as well...Completed about 300+ km after gearbox change

rdtuv8
Newbie TUVian

Postby rdtuv8 » 08 Jan 2018, 12:21

Hi Pratap,

Curious to know about your experience by now. I purchased it on 4th Jan 2018. Facing some issues while driving uphill, in AMT.

Might be first time driving such a big vehicle in AMT, but when it stops, and I need to move it, it rolls back.

Not sure how to handle such issue, very depressed, since I am driving manual cars, since last 8-10 years but during bumper to bumper traffic, uphill movement is nightmare sometimes.

vishnudass
Newbie TUVian

Postby vishnudass » 16 Feb 2018, 00:44

Rdtuv8, did you try using handbrakes when the vehicle is stationary ? You will have use the handbrake more often in B2B on inclined roads. Never use brake and acceleration at the same time, try handbrakes.

Return to “Latest Updates & Announcements”