Hi Friends,

My sole purpose to start this forum is to unite all TUV 300 owners to share their experience no matter good or bad, to benefit others and bring niggles till Mahindra officials.

Please share your thoughts and publicize this forum to make our voice stand tall.

Thanks,
VP

Android Auto Can Now be Used With Any Car!

Awards, Articles, Rumours, clear the air here!!
Sharadkt
Senior TUVian
Posts: 284
Joined: 03 Apr 2016, 21:59
Location: Mumbai
TUV 300 Varient: T8 AMT
Status: Offline

Android Auto Can Now be Used With Any Car!

Postby Sharadkt » 17 Nov 2016, 10:12

This is certainly a very good news to all the TUVIANS who were looking to upgrade to a touch screen entertainment system from the basic one provided by Mahindra. The existing ICE lacks navigation, music streaming, rich phone screen modulation, voice commands etc.

Android Auto which is available since past two years and gaining huge popularity, required a compatible car / head unit to use is now available directly on your android mobile phone / TAB.

Yes.. All you need to do is connect your mobile to your car's Bluetooth, launch android auto, put your device in mobile holder and you are ready to go. You get navigation via google map's car mode, music streaming apps, voice commands, phone dialer, have your WhatsApp, Facebook messenger, SMS, hangout etc messages read to you via google talk back, respond to them with a pre recorded message like "I am driving now!"

All the above is in an interface optimized for driving, requiring lesser need to touch, easy to read and only android compatible apps are allowed, rest are blocked during this time which means less distraction and safer driving!!! You can set Android Auto to launch automatically when connected to your car and exit when disconnected.

I am using it past few days and loving it so far... :D
source:
http://trak.in/tags/business/2016/11/09 ... smart-car/
http://gadgets.ndtv.com/apps/news/andro ... rs-1622711

LUVTUV
Newbie TUVian
Posts: 31
Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 20:38
Location: Hyderabad
Status: Offline

Re: Android Auto Can Now be Used With Any Car!

Postby LUVTUV » 21 Nov 2016, 18:53

Sharadkt wrote:I am using it past few days and loving it so far... :D


Sharadt,
It is great that you are using Android Auto but I am slightly confused as how it is working in your scenario.
The primary display is still the smartphone screen right ?
Only the audio is routed through the car speakers.
So all we have to do is to install the Andorid Auto app and then use the phone screen for all the interactions ?

Thanks for the information.

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian
Posts: 284
Joined: 03 Apr 2016, 21:59
Location: Mumbai
TUV 300 Varient: T8 AMT
Status: Offline

Re: RE: Re: Android Auto Can Now be Used With Any Car!

Postby Sharadkt » 21 Nov 2016, 19:01

LUVTUV wrote:
Sharadkt wrote:I am using it past few days and loving it so far... :D


Sharadt,
It is great that you are using Android Auto but I am slightly confused as how it is working in your scenario.
The primary display is still the smartphone screen right ?
Only the audio is routed through the car speakers.
So all we have to do is to install the Andorid Auto app and then use the phone screen for all the interactions ?

Thanks for the information.

Yes you are correct. Android auto provides optimised display for touch and driving and only compatible apps and notification is allowed.

Primary screen is of your smartphone or phablet or tablet, audio is of car's. You need good tab or mobile holder to enjoy this.

After market Android Auto units cost 35k plus with installation extra.

Regards,
Sharad

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

LUVTUV
Newbie TUVian
Posts: 31
Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 20:38
Location: Hyderabad
Status: Offline

Re: RE: Re: Android Auto Can Now be Used With Any Car!

Postby LUVTUV » 21 Nov 2016, 20:08

Sharadkt wrote:Yes you are correct. Android auto provides optimised display for touch and driving and only compatible apps and notification is allowed.

Primary screen is of your smartphone or phablet or tablet, audio is of car's. You need good tab or mobile holder to enjoy this.

After market Android Auto units cost 35k plus with installation extra.

Regards,
Sharad

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk


Cool will definitely try it out.

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian
Posts: 284
Joined: 03 Apr 2016, 21:59
Location: Mumbai
TUV 300 Varient: T8 AMT
Status: Offline

Re: Android Auto Can Now be Used With Any Car!

Postby Sharadkt » 08 Dec 2016, 10:14

Android Auto now supports " Ok Google" keyword for voice commands.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk


Return to “News”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest