Hi Friends,

My sole purpose to start this forum is to unite all TUV 300 owners to share their experience no matter good or bad, to benefit others and bring niggles till Mahindra officials.

Please share your thoughts and publicize this forum to make our voice stand tall.

Thanks,
VP

Milage Issue in TUV 4+

Mileage, NVH, Batteries, Tyres and anything thats TECHNICAL!
Basant
Newbie TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T4+

Milage Issue in TUV 4+

Postby Basant » 11 Jan 2018, 15:09

Hello friends recently I have traveled from Delhi to Jaisalmer over a distance of 2100 km in 198 ltrs of diesel the vehicle averaged 10.6 kmpl on mostly freeway driving at 90-110 km/hr. I just want to add that to increase cargo space I Used roof carrier. Is there any problem in average due to roof carrier????

Fritzie
Newbie TUVian

Re: Milage Issue in TUV 4+

Postby Fritzie » 06 Feb 2018, 00:31

Basant wrote:Hello friends recently I have traveled from Delhi to Jaisalmer over a distance of 2100 km in 198 ltrs of diesel the vehicle averaged 10.6 kmpl on mostly freeway driving at 90-110 km/hr. I just want to add that to increase cargo space I Used roof carrier. Is there any problem in average due to roof carrier????
Hi Basant. Yes, I think a roof carrier could make a huge difference to fuel economy. Especially at highway speeds. On the other hand I don't think it will make a huge difference below say 80km/h. Wind resistance (and thus fuel economy) exponentially (and dramatically) increases the higher the vehicle speeds, especially with a roof carrier in my opinion. Cheers

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

sambhaji
Newbie TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T8

Re: Milage Issue in TUV 4+

Postby sambhaji » 13 Mar 2018, 13:15

Yes roof carrier plays very imp role in millage , it completely changes body shape of our vehicle and it create hurdles and changes air direction at high speed .

Return to “Technical”