Hi Friends,

My sole purpose to start this forum is to unite all TUV 300 owners to share their experience no matter good or bad, to benefit others and bring niggles till Mahindra officials.

Please share your thoughts and publicize this forum to make our voice stand tall.

Thanks,
VP

TUV T8 manual gear shifting problems

Mileage, NVH, Batteries, Tyres and anything thats TECHNICAL!
maddykarthik090
Newbie TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T8

TUV T8 manual gear shifting problems

Postby maddykarthik090 » 26 Apr 2016, 21:24

Dear all,

I owe my T8 variant a month back. Running around 4500KM [being driven]. So for, I had a complaint on gear shifting from 3rd to 2nd, 2nd to 1st. Was rectified [bad experience with the service shop] the complaint and Issue was reportedly seems good post service [say for 2-3 weeks], again I am facing difficulties in shifting the gear [Even when full/half clutch]. I could not resist this with and even did not know where I might be the glimpse should on be on my hulkie. Also, suspension seems hard for down the road.

Are anyone facing the same Issues? Since, I joined the group just before, I am started to read all our posts and will get in touch and posts mine If it is good or bad one(s).

Regards,
Paz

PINAK
Newbie TUVian

Re: TUV T8 manual gear shifting problems

Postby PINAK » 18 Jun 2016, 12:21

It may be incidental or generic manufacturing defect by Mahindra (for which vehicle should be recalled to prevent wide spread impact), but I am suffering from the same problem. Even for me the problem started after I clocked 4500+ Kms. Further to this, the gearbox is emitting strange noise and there is unnatural vibrations observed. I have given the Vehicle yesterday morning 11:30 am and yet to hear from them till now. Needless to say, I am having pathetic experience with the service center and the vehicle.

Vijay
Newbie TUVian

Postby Vijay » 18 Aug 2016, 19:25

Guys,

I have done 10000 kms and have faced gear issue couple of times. In my case what happened both times was that while shifting, gear got stuck and engine died down. I had to get the while in to neutral with a little force and then restart the engine. Both times it happened while I was downshifting. However, since about last 3500 to 4000 Kms this has not happened. I am also being more careful while shifting the gears.

I guess if you are a bit more careful with gears and take care of this vehicle in general, it might last 5 years without trouble. Touch wood !

But I do enjoy driving this vehicle and I have a 85BHp T8 :))

Sathishravya
Newbie TUVian

Postby Sathishravya » 24 Aug 2016, 21:28

Guys,

I own T8 MT 100BHP and covered 6000Kms so far and have not faced any issue. I am driving meticulously especially when changing gears and make sure that clutch is down completely . No engine noise so far as the moment I sit inside, my FM will be on !!!.
But trust me I love driving this vehicle and feel proud especially when overtaking other vehicles with out any problem.

Sathish

maddykarthik090
Newbie TUVian

Postby maddykarthik090 » 16 Nov 2016, 19:51

Dear all,

Can anyone reply on this and help me out to get rid off from this as well and I am currently running with 17.5K KM and still .... Thanks to those who replied or advice.

"I owe my T8 variant a month back. Running around 4500KM [being driven]. So for, I had a complaint on gear shifting from 3rd to 2nd, 2nd to 1st. Was rectified [bad experience with the service shop] the complaint and Issue was reportedly seems good post service [say for 2-3 weeks], again I am facing difficulties in shifting the gear [Even when full/half clutch]. I could not resist this with and even did not know where I might be the glimpse should on be on my hulkie. Also, suspension seems hard for down the road.

Are anyone facing the same Issues? Since, I joined the group just before, I am started to read all our posts and will get in touch and posts mine If it is good or bad one(s)."

Regards,
Paz

harikrishnan
Newbie TUVian

Postby harikrishnan » 15 Dec 2016, 18:42

I too have facing this problem.clutch is the culprit.i have raised the concern and asked for replacement

clamfrog82
Newbie TUVian

Postby clamfrog82 » 16 Dec 2016, 12:13

maddykarthik090 wrote:Dear all,

Can anyone reply on this and help me out to get rid off from this as well and I am currently running with 17.5K KM and still .... Thanks to those who replied or advice.

"I owe my T8 variant a month back. Running around 4500KM [being driven]. So for, I had a complaint on gear shifting from 3rd to 2nd, 2nd to 1st. Was rectified [bad experience with the service shop] the complaint and Issue was reportedly seems good post service [say for 2-3 weeks], again I am facing difficulties in shifting the gear [Even when full/half clutch]. I could not resist this with and even did not know where I might be the glimpse should on be on my hulkie. Also, suspension seems hard for down the road.

Are anyone facing the same Issues? Since, I joined the group just before, I am started to read all our posts and will get in touch and posts mine If it is good or bad one(s)."

Regards,
Paz

TUV's gearbox is not one of the smoothest in the market, and so we should adapt our driving style accordingly. Never rush into changing the gears as you would do in a petrol hatchback or a sedan. This gentle giant doesnt like being rushed into changing gears. Always ensure that you press the clutch pedal fully before shifting gears. Also, check is there is a play in the clutch pedal which might lead into clutch not being disengaged fully before shifting.

maddykarthik090
Newbie TUVian

Postby maddykarthik090 » 17 Dec 2016, 15:46

clamfrog82 - Thanks for the reply and prompt response to my post as well :) . Last week, had the tank serviced for the 3rd row at the M&M dealer itself, this time - I am just facing the gear is being obeyed to my action and getting good response and one of the supervisor at the shop was explained me about the gear box of TUV's, as this type of vehicle's gear box has been manufactured with the "Direct drive mechanism" :cry: , this has comes with the hard in nature for the longer use and sturdy in naturally, he explained. So convinced and adopted to this (I had to :oops: ). I will sure follow as per your suggestion too :D . Thanks :lol: .

Return to “Technical”