Hi Friends,

My sole purpose to start this forum is to unite all TUV 300 owners to share their experience no matter good or bad, to benefit others and bring niggles till Mahindra officials.

Please share your thoughts and publicize this forum to make our voice stand tall.

Thanks,
VP

Mileage of TUV 300 - Please Share

Mileage, NVH, Batteries, Tyres and anything thats TECHNICAL!
sijuj
Newbie TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T8

Re: Mileage of TUV 300 - Please Share

Postby sijuj » 19 Apr 2016, 19:03

Interested in mileage of TUV300 in real indian conditions.

I have driven TUV300 for around 5000 km now. This is a mix of highways, metro roads and rural roads with speed between 30 - 120km/hr. I used to fill tank and check mileage after DTE showing around 30 which allowed me to use atleast 50 to 55l.

I have a calculationwhich show that the mileage which I get is around 12 km/l. I calculated fuel efficiency to 12.2 km/l from my fuel and distance records.

From technical data TUV300 ARAI mileage is 18.49 km/l. In real conditions it is expected to be 30% lower considering general data available. So we should expect 13 km/l in indian road conditions and by driver habits.

From the comments posted I understand that the fuel efficiency may increase after first service. But what about other factors like
- Suitable driving speed in highway. I have noticed that fuel efficiency is lower by atleast 1 km/l when speed is above 120km/h
- Other driving conditions?

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T8 AMT

Postby Sharadkt » 20 Apr 2016, 14:37

sijuj wrote:
From the comments posted I understand that the fuel efficiency may increase after first service. But what about other factors like
- Suitable driving speed in highway. I have noticed that fuel efficiency is lower by atleast 1 km/l when speed is above 120km/h
- Other driving conditions?

I tried very hard to reach beyond 120 in my AMT and it obliged only on slope possibly going to 125/130. the mileage was below 10 after driving 120 constant in mum-pune-mum expressway.

Regards,
Sharad

VPandey
TUVClub Admin

Postby VPandey » 20 Apr 2016, 19:30

Sharadkt wrote:I tried very hard to reach beyond 120 in my AMT and it obliged only on slope possibly going to 125/130. the mileage was below 10 after driving 120 constant in mum-pune-mum expressway.

Regards,
Sharad

I dont think that TUV can go beyond 120 in any conditions. Considering a 3 potter engine and weight of around 1800 KG (laden) we should not expect it to cruise like the other competitors. The USP of TUV is SUVish feel and torque range with body on frame design, which is normally no where close to an aerodynamic approach. I wish if Mahindra has considered a 4 cylinder engine for TUV, it would have been a gem.

The only hope now left is... Pets tuning box. It would be great if he can remap engine which can produce 100bhp.
Mahindra TUV 300 T8 AMT
Logan DLS 1.5 dCI, Alto LX, Indica Xeta

deyk123
Newbie TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T8

Postby deyk123 » 02 May 2016, 03:34

Hi, I have clocked around 15000 KM since Oct15, I drive around avg 90 km daily and getting a mileage of 14.5-16 km/lit with continuous A/c....used the tank full to Tank full method for calculating the average....

vvmenon
Newbie TUVian

Postby vvmenon » 05 May 2016, 18:15

Hi, I am new to the forum, owning a T8 AMT, probably one from the first lot (got delivered on Nov 5th). Clocked 11800 km so far. I am getting around 13.5 on average in city with AC (eco AC mode).
Thanks, Vinod
TUV 300, T8 AMT; Honda City SMT 2010

My Old buddies: Premier Padmini 1983, Tata Indica Xeta Glx, Tata Nano, Maruti Suzuki Ritz

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian

Re: RE: Re: Mileage of TUV 300 - Please Share

Postby Sharadkt » 05 May 2016, 18:17

vvmenon wrote:Hi, I am new to the forum, owning a T8 AMT, probably one from the first lot (got delivered on Nov 5th). Clocked 11800 km so far. I am getting around 13.5 on average in city with AC (eco AC mode).

That's great to know, have your TUV300 AMT gone for any software upgrade? Are you facing any issue with AMT transmission?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

vvmenon
Newbie TUVian

Postby vvmenon » 05 May 2016, 18:57

Hi, I gave TUV for second service 2 weeks back and asked the SA to check to things - 1. Rattling sound from front right door and 2. Software upgrade if any. After service SA told me they couldn't check the rattling sound as the "person checking doors" is on leave :) - anyway it is a manufacturing defect and need to change that part - it can wait.

On software upgrade/ flashing ECU he said it has been done. Unfortunately driver had taken the car for service and I could check TUV only next day - the service warning sign is still on (that means nothing was done on the software side, they didn't even connect the lap to TUV). I had purposefully left OBD2 reader in the car. It was untouched. So I presume nothing was done on the software side as well.

I am planning to take TUV again to TVS - to ask the SA what was done on the software side :). But while talking to Service Delivery Manager, he said Software update is not for all - when asked if it is for a particular batch, he had no idea. But told me they get message from Mahindra for recalling and updating the software of specific vehicles. Need to check that.

On your question on AMT - no issues so far, except for some issues reported already. 1. Delay in acceleration while gear downing - not always, but at some point. 2. Delay in creeping function (doesn't bother me as I am a hand break freak) 3. Some feeble noise coming out of the plastic encasing around the gear knob (definitely not form the gear system). I had the AMT warning light popped up once - this happened while I tried to start the car, even though the gear system indicate that it was in N mode, the gear was actually engaged (remember this is AMT and not proper automatic). Car didn't start and I switched off, took key out of ignition and restarted - AMT sign vanished.
Thanks, Vinod

My Old buddies: Premier Padmini 1983, Tata Indica Xeta Glx, Tata Nano, Maruti Suzuki Ritz

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian

Postby Sharadkt » 05 May 2016, 19:32

vvmenon wrote:Hi, I gave TUV for second service 2 weeks back and asked the SA to check to things - 1. Rattling sound from front right door and 2. Software upgrade if any. After service SA told me they couldn't check the rattling sound as the "person checking doors" is on leave :) - anyway it is a manufacturing defect and need to change that part - it can wait.

On software upgrade/ flashing ECU he said it has been done. Unfortunately driver had taken the car for service and I could check TUV only next day - the service warning sign is still on (that means nothing was done on the software side, they didn't even connect the lap to TUV). I had purposefully left OBD2 reader in the car. It was untouched. So I presume nothing was done on the software side as well.

I am planning to take TUV again to TVS - to ask the SA what was done on the software side :). But while talking to Service Delivery Manager, he said Software update is not for all - when asked if it is for a particular batch, he had no idea. But told me they get message from Mahindra for recalling and updating the software of specific vehicles. Need to check that.

On your question on AMT - no issues so far, except for some issues reported already. 1. Delay in acceleration while gear downing - not always, but at some point. 2. Delay in creeping function (doesn't bother me as I am a hand break freak) 3. Some feeble noise coming out of the plastic encasing around the gear knob (definitely not form the gear system). I had the AMT warning light popped up once - this happened while I tried to start the car, even though the gear system indicate that it was in N mode, the gear was actually engaged (remember this is AMT and not proper automatic). Car didn't start and I switched off, took key out of ignition and restarted - AMT sign vanished.

Lucky the software wasn't upgraded. The new software is a mess and has safety issues too. I am going to get mine rolled back. While the performance is improved including creep, in latest software TUV manages the speed and RPM while clutch operations irrespective of accelerator or brakes input or traffic conditions.

Accident waiting to happen I would say.

vvmenon
Newbie TUVian

Postby vvmenon » 05 May 2016, 19:36

Oh, is it? Was furious that SA didn't update the software. Now need to check someone who got it upgraded, before pressing for mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, Vinod

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian

Postby Sharadkt » 05 May 2016, 19:38

vvmenon wrote:Oh, is it? Was furious that SA didn't update the software. Now need to check someone who got it upgraded, before pressing for mine!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine and Vivek's software got updated and we both facing similar problems. Please check new days new problem thread and also engine noise thread and you will know.

Return to “Technical”