Hi Friends,

My sole purpose to start this forum is to unite all TUV 300 owners to share their experience no matter good or bad, to benefit others and bring niggles till Mahindra officials.

Please share your thoughts and publicize this forum to make our voice stand tall.

Thanks,
VP

Engine noise comparison

Mileage, NVH, Batteries, Tyres and anything thats TECHNICAL!
ankur
Newbie TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T4+

Engine noise comparison

Postby ankur » 21 Nov 2016, 17:13

Hi All

I have read posts on this forum for engine tractor like noise. My TUV also produced very loud noises, but it is very difficult to convince the SC guys that there is an issue. There are 2 things that happen usually:

1) When reaching service center which is almost 10 km away, the engine gains temperature and noise reduces.
2) Noise is there but SA is like "Sir itni to sabme ati hai awaz/ normal hai sir, kuch nahi sun raha".

So in order to make sure that the car working fine, i am going to need a little help from my fellow TUVians. So i would like to request @sharadKT and VPandey and others to also share a video where now the sound is gone. Please make the video also covers the rpm readings and speed or gear etc. So that it is easily replicated at our end.

Basically this kind of comparison would help others a lot. Thanks in advance.

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T8 AMT

Re: Engine noise comparison

Postby Sharadkt » 21 Nov 2016, 17:21

ankur wrote:Hi All

I have read posts on this forum for engine tractor like noise. My TUV also produced very loud noises, but it is very difficult to convince the SC guys that there is an issue. There are 2 things that happen usually:

1) When reaching service center which is almost 10 km away, the engine gains temperature and noise reduces.
2) Noise is there but SA is like "Sir itni to sabme ati hai awaz/ normal hai sir, kuch nahi sun raha".

So in order to make sure that the car working fine, i am going to need a little help from my fellow TUVians. So i would like to request @sharadKT and VPandey and others to also share a video where now the sound is gone. Please make the video also covers the rpm readings and speed or gear etc. So that it is easily replicated at our end.

Basically this kind of comparison would help others a lot. Thanks in advance.

Something is wrong if your speedo doesn't cross 20 kph, you get violent jerks and loose pickup suddenly. nothing is wrong if engine is making high noise or sounds rough for 10-15 kms after cold start.

Regards,
Sharad

ankur
Newbie TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T4+

Re: Engine noise comparison

Postby ankur » 21 Nov 2016, 23:45

No i dont have any problem in acceleration, speedo easily goes beyond 20. :)
I think then i am just getting unnecessarily too much worried, and there is perhaps nothing wrong indeed.

Return to “Technical”