Hi Friends,

My sole purpose to start this forum is to unite all TUV 300 owners to share their experience no matter good or bad, to benefit others and bring niggles till Mahindra officials.

Please share your thoughts and publicize this forum to make our voice stand tall.

Thanks,
VP

Wheelspining issue

Mileage, NVH, Batteries, Tyres and anything thats TECHNICAL!
harikrishnan
Newbie TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T8

Wheelspining issue

Postby harikrishnan » 31 Oct 2016, 23:28

Currently I am facing wheelspining issue while sidewise and I took the issue but with the Mass and they are not ready to listen.

harikrishnan
Newbie TUVian

Re: Wheelspining issue

Postby harikrishnan » 07 Nov 2016, 18:06

hi any one please reply on this.hope every one could be experience the similar issue.

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T8 AMT

Re: RE: Re: Wheelspining issue

Postby Sharadkt » 07 Nov 2016, 18:47

harikrishnan wrote:hi any one please reply on this.hope every one could be experience the similar issue.

Yes everyone is, no solution as of now.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

clamfrog82
Newbie TUVian

Postby clamfrog82 » 09 Nov 2016, 16:40

How about lowering the tyre pressure a bit so that the contact patch of the tyre improves and provides better grip? Or may be changing to better tyres. Just a thought.

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian

Postby Sharadkt » 09 Nov 2016, 16:43

clamfrog82 wrote:How about lowering the tyre pressure a bit so that the contact patch of the tyre improves and provides better grip? Or may be changing to better tyres. Just a thought.

Changing to better tyres is costly, haven't tried, I maintain 35 ps as per oem recommended.

clamfrog82
Newbie TUVian

Postby clamfrog82 » 10 Nov 2016, 17:52

TUV is a front heavy vehicle. One solution is to load the rear of the vehicle which would put enough load on the rear wheels so that they won't lose grip. I can bet that this wheel spinning issue will not be there when the vehicle is fully loaded. Keeping some heavy load in the rear of the TUV seems to be a work around for this wheelspin issue. The fuel economy figures would surely take a hit.

One more thing which can be checked is if the front brake calipers are sticking to the disc...

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian

Postby Sharadkt » 11 Nov 2016, 12:59

clamfrog82 wrote:TUV is a front heavy vehicle. One solution is to load the rear of the vehicle which would put enough load on the rear wheels so that they won't lose grip. I can bet that this wheel spinning issue will not be there when the vehicle is fully loaded. Keeping some heavy load in the rear of the TUV seems to be a work around for this wheelspin issue. The fuel economy figures would surely take a hit.

One more thing which can be checked is if the front brake calipers are sticking to the disc...

It seems that Mahindra has released a new suspension system for wheel spin issue. please write to customer care and ask for the same. The new suspension system ensures that the vehicle moves forward inspite of one of the wheel spinning.

Cw9h3bpWEAAba3V.jpg

Regards,
Sharad

ankur
Newbie TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T4+

Postby ankur » 20 Nov 2016, 00:37

Sharadkt wrote:
clamfrog82 wrote:TUV is a front heavy vehicle. One solution is to load the rear of the vehicle which would put enough load on the rear wheels so that they won't lose grip. I can bet that this wheel spinning issue will not be there when the vehicle is fully loaded. Keeping some heavy load in the rear of the TUV seems to be a work around for this wheelspin issue. The fuel economy figures would surely take a hit.

It seems that Mahindra has released a new suspension system for wheel spin issue. please write to customer care and ask for the same. The new suspension system ensures that the vehicle moves forward inspite of one of the wheel spinning.

Cw9h3bpWEAAba3V.jpg

Regards,
Sharad

Hey sharad

Have you got the new suspension on your car?

Can you share the mail and any acknowledgement for the same from mahindra ?

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian

Postby Sharadkt » 20 Nov 2016, 01:23

ankur wrote:
Sharadkt wrote:

Cw9h3bpWEAAba3V.jpg

Regards,
Sharad

Hey sharad

Have you got the new suspension on your car?

Can you share the mail and any acknowledgement for the same from mahindra ?

No I haven't changed to new suspension, however Mahindra has changed for few customers in Kerala and Chennai and they have provided good feedback for the same. Wheel spin has reduced a lot post suspension change.

You can write to Mahindra for wheel spin issue and inquire for new suspension.

Regards,
Sharad

imnaveenjn
Newbie TUVian

Postby imnaveenjn » 21 Nov 2016, 16:35

Hi,

I had left my TUV for service at Zulaikha Motors, Chennai last week. I had complained of similar wheel spinning issues.

This guy at Service center told me that Mahindra has come out with some solution & accepted that Wheel spinning issue is getting rectified as & when Vehicles are coming for service.
He does not say if the Suspension is changed or any details of it. Since I could not collect the vehicle & it was dropped at home, i m unable to talk to him & get more details.
Suspension does seems a bit softer & less bouncier post this change... Need to check if Wheel spinning issue is resolved or not

Return to “Technical”