Hi Friends,

My sole purpose to start this forum is to unite all TUV 300 owners to share their experience no matter good or bad, to benefit others and bring niggles till Mahindra officials.

Please share your thoughts and publicize this forum to make our voice stand tall.

Thanks,
VP

List of Official Accessories for TUV 300

Spoilers, Skirts, Lights, Graphics and much more here!
Tinku
Newbie TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T8

Re: List of Official Accessories for TUV 300

Postby Tinku » 05 Aug 2016, 11:21

Thats Cool - Thanks for information Sharad. I feel sorry for all the issues you faced with AMT. Hope the things got resolved now ...

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T8 AMT

Postby Sharadkt » 05 Aug 2016, 11:31

Tinku wrote:Thats Cool - Thanks for information Sharad. I feel sorry for all the issues you faced with AMT. Hope the things got resolved now ...

Things are fine, I have resigned to using the car only for city commute and hire safer and powerful car for highway commute till I gather enough resources to upgrade my self out of Mahindra. :D

Thanks,
Sharad

Tinku
Newbie TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T8

Postby Tinku » 09 Aug 2016, 21:19

Rogerab spacers are in action - the ride quality has improved significantly (80%) - The irritating sideward movement has gone (or minimalised on some roads).

I am more happy now with my T8 100 [M] than the day I purchased and got the shock from shock observers. Mahindra really did very good job in designing / engineering the TUV but wonder why they ignored the suspension part - In many ways TUV300 is far superior to its rivals (brezaa which looks like a rat before it / ecosport which is an extended hatchback...Mahindra should seriously look into the suspension issue -

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian

Re: RE: Re: List of Official Accessories for TUV 300

Postby Sharadkt » 11 Aug 2016, 10:46

Tinku wrote:Rogerab spacers are in action - the ride quality has improved significantly (80%) - The irritating sideward movement has gone (or minimalised on some roads).

I am more happy now with my T8 100 [M] than the day I purchased and got the shock from shock observers. Mahindra really did very good job in designing / engineering the TUV but wonder why they ignored the suspension part - In many ways TUV300 is far superior to its rivals (brezaa which looks like a rat before it / ecosport which is an extended hatchback...Mahindra should seriously look into the suspension issue -

They did work on the suspension as it is slightly better than new Scorpio but still lot more was needed. I think they should provide rogerabs as standard fitment.

Regards,
Sharad

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

morgen
Newbie TUVian

Accessories for TUV 300

Postby morgen » 14 Sep 2016, 10:10

Hi all,
I have booked a T8-MT white after a bit of online search and a couple of test drives. I am trying to finalise accessories and have following doubts, please help by sharing your thoughts:
1. Suspension- Rogerab seems to work well in indian road conditions, but is mostly tested on other (older model) cars, some tuvians have started using it as well. Considering I will have an infant onboard, I am thinking to go for it. Will installation of Rogerab void vehicle warranty? Please suggest where can I buy and install it?
2. I am getting front bull bar, rear guard, body side cladding and lighted scuff plates from the tuv dealer.
3. I would like to change horn and headlight bulb, have planned for a philips extreme vision H4 (still 55/60W, so no relay etc needed) and a basic hella dual tone horn. Although bulbs are same specifications, the horn is not (still no relay or wiring alterations needed). I am hoping it will not void the warranty.
4. I did not like the seat covers provided by dealer. Will you recommend a good seat cover shop in New Delhi?
5. The tail gate mounted spare wheel seems to come without a locking mechanism and is an easy prey. Has anyone worked out a protection for it?
6. Music quality seems below average for a vehicle in this range, and as usual stock speakers are the first ones to be discarded. Any potential warranty issue there?

Regards,
Morgen.

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian

Re: Accessories for TUV 300

Postby Sharadkt » 14 Sep 2016, 10:42

morgen wrote:Hi all,
I have booked a T8-MT white after a bit of online search and a couple of test drives. I am trying to finalise accessories and have following doubts, please help by sharing your thoughts:
1. Suspension- Rogerab seems to work well in indian road conditions, but is mostly tested on other (older model) cars, some tuvians have started using it as well. Considering I will have an infant onboard, I am thinking to go for it. Will installation of Rogerab void vehicle warranty? Please suggest where can I buy and install it?
2. I am getting front bull bar, rear guard, body side cladding and lighted scuff plates from the tuv dealer.
3. I would like to change horn and headlight bulb, have planned for a philips extreme vision H4 (still 55/60W, so no relay etc needed) and a basic hella dual tone horn. Although bulbs are same specifications, the horn is not (still no relay or wiring alterations needed). I am hoping it will not void the warranty.
4. I did not like the seat covers provided by dealer. Will you recommend a good seat cover shop in New Delhi?
5. The tail gate mounted spare wheel seems to come without a locking mechanism and is an easy prey. Has anyone worked out a protection for it?
6. Music quality seems below average for a vehicle in this range, and as usual stock speakers are the first ones to be discarded. Any potential warranty issue there?

Regards,
Morgen.

Congratulations for booking the top end manual. Kindly note, anything or everything you change in the car from aftermarket, it will void the vehicle warranty, this includes modification or additional fittings on suspension, engine, lighting systems etc.etc.

1. Suspension - Rogerab works perfectly fine, I too have been using it. If Mahindra comes to know about it and unfortunately if you get any issue with your suspension, your warranty claim will not be entertained and insurance claim too may be rejected. Workaround - Don't let Mahindra know about it, and in case of suspension issue, first remove rogerabs and then give your vehicle for rectification / inspection what ever. Rogerab too compensate in case of warranty rejection by OEM, will need a written response from the vehicle manufacturer mentioning the claim is rejected due to rogerab fittings. Take that with pinch of salt though.

2. Unless you are getting these things FOC from dealer, don't buy anything from the dealer, they are expensive by 1.5 times. get a quote and compare it with some good accessories shop. Bull bar, specially the front one will hamper in airbag deployment sensors in case of any unfortunate event and may also impact the chassis in case of high impact.

3. Seat Covers - look for autoform, factory is in Delhi itself. snug fitting, so many designs, custom making, good cushion and durable as well.

4. Spare wheel can be locked, hole is provided for locking the same. check user manual.

5. Music Quality - Check the forum we have detailed discussion on speaker upgrade with pictures. I upgraded to component speakers. Speaker upgrade should not cause warranty issues.

Regards,
Sharad

morgen
Newbie TUVian

Postby morgen » 14 Sep 2016, 12:26

Hi Sharad,
Thanks for replying. Since the front bull bar is being offered as genuine TUV accessory, shouldn't it be considered as allowed by M&M and should not affect airbag deployment by blocking sensors or adversely affecting the chassis in case of an unfortunate high speed impact. Well as you mentioned, I have this airbag deployment concern too but then most of my driving is limited to B2B city conditions and within no time the front bumper will be full of scratches, even front grill and fog lamps may not be safe. I am only getting Rs. 10k accessories for free.
Regards,
Morgen.

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian

Postby Sharadkt » 14 Sep 2016, 12:46

morgen wrote:Hi Sharad,
Thanks for replying. Since the front bull bar is being offered as genuine TUV accessory, shouldn't it be considered as allowed by M&M and should not affect airbag deployment by blocking sensors or adversely affecting the chassis in case of an unfortunate high speed impact. Well as you mentioned, I have this airbag deployment concern too but then most of my driving is limited to B2B city conditions and within no time the front bumper will be full of scratches, even front grill and fog lamps may not be safe. I am only getting Rs. 10k accessories for free.
Regards,
Morgen.

Dealership is least responsible and bothered about Airbag deployment not happening due to genuine accessory provided by them. safety of self as well as loved ones should be our top priority.

compare the cost of bumper repair after one year with all major / minor scratches it will be almost similar to the cost of genuine bull bar provided by the dealership.

morgen
Newbie TUVian

Postby morgen » 14 Sep 2016, 13:43

thanks shared, one more accessory that I am unsure about is the rear view camera and monitor, which dealer was trying to sell me saying it is handy in parking this relatively bigger beast. What's your experience, is it mandatory/helpful/or nice to have?
regards,
morgen

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian

Re: RE: Re: List of Official Accessories for TUV 300

Postby Sharadkt » 14 Sep 2016, 14:04

morgen wrote:thanks shared, one more accessory that I am unsure about is the rear view camera and monitor, which dealer was trying to sell me saying it is handy in parking this relatively bigger beast. What's your experience, is it mandatory/helpful/or nice to have?
regards,
morgen

Initial period it is useful specially if you upgrade from hatch like me, but once you get used to, it is completely useless, I have removed my monitor within 2nd or 3rd month itself. Took 3 months to get used to as my tank was in service most of the time.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Return to “Modifications”