Hi Friends,

My sole purpose to start this forum is to unite all TUV 300 owners to share their experience no matter good or bad, to benefit others and bring niggles till Mahindra officials.

Please share your thoughts and publicize this forum to make our voice stand tall.

Thanks,
VP

Reclined 2nd row seat

Spoilers, Skirts, Lights, Graphics and much more here!
dieselburner
Newbie TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T8

Reclined 2nd row seat

Postby dieselburner » 11 Apr 2016, 15:12

Hi,

The 2nd row seats are very straight in TUV and not at all comfortable for long drives, also the under thigh support is not enough.
I have reclined the 2nd row seat by 2 inches and now they are much better than the original position, however they have eaten up the space in jump seats but for me there is no use of jump seats so got it done, will post pics soon.
For under thigh support I think while going for seat covers ask for extra padding at the bench, have not done it yet, if anyone do share the outcome.
TUV300 T8, Dzire VDi, i20 magna(o)(p), Zen Estilo Lxi

VPandey
TUVClub Admin
TUV 300 Varient: T8 AMT

Re: Reclined 2nd row seat

Postby VPandey » 11 Apr 2016, 16:05

dieselburner wrote:Hi,

The 2nd row seats are very straight in TUV and not at all comfortable for long drives, also the under thigh support is not enough.
I have reclined the 2nd row seat by 2 inches and now they are much better than the original position, however they have eaten up the space in jump seats but for me there is no use of jump seats so got it done, will post pics soon.
For under thigh support I think while going for seat covers ask for extra padding at the bench, have not done it yet, if anyone do share the outcome.

How did you make them reclined by 2 inch? For the time being I have opted for seat covers from showroom (cheapest one @ 5K) but will change to some custom made after some time. Will go for extra under thigh support for front n back both seats.
Mahindra TUV 300 T8 AMT
Logan DLS 1.5 dCI, Alto LX, Indica Xeta

kumarsaurabh081
Newbie TUVian

Postby kumarsaurabh081 » 11 Apr 2016, 16:11

How can we recline the seats by 2 Inches???? Please mention.

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian

Postby Sharadkt » 11 Apr 2016, 16:11

Hi eagerly waiting for the pics, further do we have to let go of jump seats permanently due to this modification or if they too can be used when 2nd row is not reclined? how much did it cost ?

dieselburner
Newbie TUVian

Postby dieselburner » 11 Apr 2016, 16:24

will upload pics tomorrow, no we dont have to let go jump seats, jump seats can still be used, they are still there, costed 1500.

Sharadkt wrote:

Hi eagerly waiting for the pics, further do we have to let go of jump seats permanently due to this modification or if they too can be used when 2nd row is not reclined? how much did it cost ?

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian

Postby Sharadkt » 12 Apr 2016, 17:09

dieselburner wrote:will upload pics tomorrow, no we dont have to let go jump seats, jump seats can still be used, they are still there, costed 1500.

Does this involve welding and will it damage the seat cover? request if you could explain the procedure till you get time to post the pics please.

dieselburner
Newbie TUVian

Postby dieselburner » 13 Apr 2016, 10:03

Yes it involve a bit of welding, it will not spoil the seat cover.

Sharadkt wrote:
dieselburner wrote:will upload pics tomorrow, no we dont have to let go jump seats, jump seats can still be used, they are still there, costed 1500.

Does this involve welding and will it damage the seat cover? request if you could explain the procedure till you get time to post the pics please.

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian

Postby Sharadkt » 13 Apr 2016, 15:03

dieselburner wrote:Yes it involve a bit of welding, it will not spoil the seat cover.

Sharadkt wrote:

So I need to check with the welder or normal auto accessories shops?

dieselburner
Newbie TUVian

Postby dieselburner » 13 Apr 2016, 22:40

you can goto any car modification shop as the 2nd row bench seat has to be taken out of the vehicle for welding. In normal auto accessory if you can find a welder it can be done there also.

Sharadkt wrote:
dieselburner wrote:Yes it involve a bit of welding, it will not spoil the seat cover.

Sharadkt wrote:Does this involve welding and will it damage the seat cover? request if you could explain the procedure till you get time to post the pics please.

So I need to check with the welder or normal auto accessories shops?

dieselburner
Newbie TUVian

Postby dieselburner » 21 Apr 2016, 10:44

Attaching pics of reclined 2nd row seats, was busy so cant upload the pics earlier
Attachments
IMG_20160414_132221_HDR.jpg

Return to “Modifications”