Hi Friends,

My sole purpose to start this forum is to unite all TUV 300 owners to share their experience no matter good or bad, to benefit others and bring niggles till Mahindra officials.

Please share your thoughts and publicize this forum to make our voice stand tall.

Thanks,
VP

Mr. Red has got new seat covers and styling ;)

Spoilers, Skirts, Lights, Graphics and much more here!
ankur
Newbie TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T4+

Mr. Red has got new seat covers and styling ;)

Postby ankur » 21 Nov 2016, 13:57

Finally after doing 13000 km Mr. Red has got its new year gift in advance. :)

IMG-20161121-WA0031.jpg
Mr. Red

IMG-20161121-WA0030.jpg

Did a lot of research online and offline. Have visited some retail car shops in delhi, got many unbelievably high quotes. Even went to karol bagh, prices varied by huge margins. Gathered some intel regarding the various types of material used for seat covers. Somebody suggested me to have nappa leather seats. And from there my online research started.

So while reading about nappa leather i found a post on team bhp, where a member has got some pretty good work done in his verna. The catch was that these guys also provide other car interior/exterior services. Online reviews for these guys are amazing too.
Since TUV300 doors are pretty dull and only single beige color which used to get dirty so easily, so i decided to have some work done by professionals.

IMG-20161121-WA0027.jpg

IMG-20161121-WA0025.jpg

IMG-20161121-WA0028.jpg

I talked to this guy and went there to get the job done. First thing i noticed, was that they quite professional. I could see that they were very careful while removing seats from the car. They suggested me various designs and after choosing one, all the seat covers, steering cover and door panels were stitched in front of me piece by piece. I even got the rear seat under thigh support improved through extra padding ;)

Material : I first decided to have nappa leather cover but later on changed my mind and chose merc leather which is thicker, heat resistant and hence more durable and this material is pretty premium looking as well.

Seat cover design is the copy of new bentley seats.
Presenting the new look below :)

I feel having seat covers in TUV is necessary as - Now i feel less body roll, as due to bucketing of seats i remain well positioned and not tossed in the corners.
Attachments
IMG-20161121-WA0022.jpg
IMG-20161121-WA0023.jpg
IMG-20161121-WA0024.jpg
IMG-20161121-WA0026.jpg
IMG-20161121-WA0029.jpg

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T8 AMT

Re: Mr. Red has got new seat covers and styling ;)

Postby Sharadkt » 21 Nov 2016, 14:23

ankur wrote:Finally after doing 13000 km Mr. Red has got its new year gift in advance. :)

IMG-20161121-WA0031.jpg
IMG-20161121-WA0030.jpg

Did a lot of research online and offline. Have visited some retail car shops in delhi, got many unbelievably high quotes. Even went to karol bagh, prices varied by huge margins. Gathered some intel regarding the various types of material used for seat covers. Somebody suggested me to have nappa leather seats. And from there my online research started.

So while reading about nappa leather i found a post on team bhp, where a member has got some pretty good work done in his verna. The catch was that these guys also provide other car interior/exterior services. Online reviews for these guys are amazing too.
Since TUV300 doors are pretty dull and only single beige color which used to get dirty so easily, so i decided to have some work done by professionals.

IMG-20161121-WA0027.jpg
IMG-20161121-WA0025.jpg
IMG-20161121-WA0028.jpg

I talked to this guy and went there to get the job done. First thing i noticed, was that they quite professional. I could see that they were very careful while removing seats from the car. They suggested me various designs and after choosing one, all the seat covers, steering cover and door panels were stitched in front of me piece by piece. I even got the rear seat under thigh support improved through extra padding ;)

Material : I first decided to have nappa leather cover but later on changed my mind and chose merc leather which is thicker, heat resistant and hence more durable and this material is pretty premium looking as well.

Seat cover design is the copy of new bentley seats.
Presenting the new look below :)

I feel having seat covers in TUV is necessary as - Now i feel less body roll, as due to bucketing of seats i remain well positioned and not tossed in the corners.

Amazing fit and finish, looks so much premium. The work on door penal is very neat and looks superb. Congratulations for new covers. how much did this work cost you?

Regards,
Sharad

ankur
Newbie TUVian

Postby ankur » 21 Nov 2016, 15:51

Hi Sharad

Breakup is as follows:

Seat cover + steering cover = 12K. (steering was removed from the car and the cover was stitched over it)
For door panels its 3K.

Cost basically varies with material used, it was a total 3K less for nappa.

Vaibhav
Newbie TUVian

Postby Vaibhav » 21 Nov 2016, 22:29

Its look very good.
From where you have fitted arm rest for front seat. Its seem diz are not company fitted

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk

ankur
Newbie TUVian

Postby ankur » 22 Nov 2016, 00:00

Vaibhav wrote:Its look very good.
From where you have fitted arm rest for front seat. Its seem diz are not company fitted

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk

Honestly, they look good but are not comfortable. The guy who did it actually welded them to the seat and are placed a little high. So after 5 minutes my shoulder gets tired.
It is a factory near kirti nagar furniture market. They make custom bull guards, side steps and arm rests etc and provide service to only government VIP vehicles mainly. My friend knew these guys and took me there. They are not so professional and prices are high as well.

Return to “Modifications”