Hi Friends,

My sole purpose to start this forum is to unite all TUV 300 owners to share their experience no matter good or bad, to benefit others and bring niggles till Mahindra officials.

Please share your thoughts and publicize this forum to make our voice stand tall.

Thanks,
VP

Double din System installation

Spoilers, Skirts, Lights, Graphics and much more here!
ankur
Newbie TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T4+

Double din System installation

Postby ankur » 13 Sep 2016, 10:33

Hey Guys

I hope you doing well, As i saw in multiple threads that none of us have been able to get a clean installation of double din touch screen system done in our cars. I got JVC system installed the second day without any research(i was excited and in hurry :( ) so it left gaps around the system in center console.

Till now i have found two center console pieces,
1) one is a smaller part like this : https://www.olx.in/item/mahindra-tuv300 ... 32697aa9c9
cost- 1000 rupees
2) the whole center part including the AC vents (the hexagonal one). I dont have pictures for this one. cost - 6000 rupees.

Note: i myself also have been thinking to solve this problem, by jugad ;). I will share if i get any innovative idea for that.

Lets have a dedicated thread for this up-gradation, and i request everybody to keep this thread posted with useful info. ;)
Pics would be appreciated.

ankur
Newbie TUVian

Re: Double din System installation

Postby ankur » 13 Sep 2016, 13:05

Pics:

center_view.jpg

left_view.jpg

right_view.jpg

LUVTUV
Newbie TUVian

Postby LUVTUV » 14 Sep 2016, 07:59

Hi Ankur, sorry to see that the installer has done a pretty bad job.
Maybe the proper parts were not available at the time of install. If you look around with a good installer, he may fix this setup with the proper bracket to have a better look.

I have a a small question regarding the upgrade.
Do you still receive notifications after the upgrade like the fuel info, service info, etc that were showing up in the factory system ?

ankur
Newbie TUVian

Postby ankur » 14 Sep 2016, 10:23

LUVTUV wrote:Hi Ankur, sorry to see that the installer has done a pretty bad job.
Maybe the proper parts were not available at the time of install. If you look around with a good installer, he may fix this setup with the proper bracket to have a better look.

I have a a small question regarding the upgrade.
Do you still receive notifications after the upgrade like the fuel info, service info, etc that were showing up in the factory system ?

I bought T4 Plus, as i did not like the factory system. It comes without the infotainment. :)
But as far as i see, fuel info is there at odometer and service info are based on Kms done so far. It shows me rear view pretty clear so parking is not an issue.
If you have T8 then the part at OLX would fit to your console easily. The only thing that you would have to do is find a good double din system.
Some one mentioned pioneer AVH289BT as a perfect match. :)
I hope this info helps. Thanks

amitk89
Newbie TUVian

Postby amitk89 » 08 Jun 2017, 12:13

Hi Ankur,
I was wondering if u were able to solve the problem. I am also planning to buy a T4+, but the ICE is a hitch as I am not sure if I would get a good fit.
I saw this product on Amazon can this be of any help to install the system?
http://www.amazon.in/gp/aw/d/B01DT2E8CQ
What was the final solution that you went for?

Gaurav9106
Newbie TUVian

Postby Gaurav9106 » 08 Nov 2017, 21:36

ankur wrote:Hey Guys

I hope you doing well, As i saw in multiple threads that none of us have been able to get a clean installation of double din touch screen system done in our cars. I got JVC system installed the second day without any research(i was excited and in hurry :( ) so it left gaps around the system in center console.

Till now i have found two center console pieces,
1) one is a smaller part like this : https://www.olx.in/item/mahindra-tuv300 ... 32697aa9c9
cost- 1000 rupees
2) the whole center part including the AC vents (the hexagonal one). I dont have pictures for this one. cost - 6000 rupees.

Note: i myself also have been thinking to solve this problem, by jugad ;). I will share if i get any innovative idea for that.

Lets have a dedicated thread for this up-gradation, and i request everybody to keep this thread posted with useful info. ;)
Pics would be appreciated.

Hi Ankur and other members, I am also facing similar issue regarding double din system installation.

Can you guys please suggest , How to install it ?? :(

Return to “Modifications”