Hi Friends,

My sole purpose to start this forum is to unite all TUV 300 owners to share their experience no matter good or bad, to benefit others and bring niggles till Mahindra officials.

Please share your thoughts and publicize this forum to make our voice stand tall.

Thanks,
VP

Quality of Infotainment System

Woofers, Amplifiers, Head Units, Speakers and the likes...
VPandey
TUVClub Admin
TUV 300 Varient: T8 AMT

Quality of Infotainment System

Postby VPandey » 04 Apr 2016, 09:59

Hi Guys,

Although infotainment system is good but I have found that sound quality of speakers and lack of bass and treble is clearly visible. Infact KUV has better sound quality than TUV.

Please share area of improvement.
Mahindra TUV 300 T8 AMT
Logan DLS 1.5 dCI, Alto LX, Indica Xeta

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian

Re: Quality of Infotainment System

Postby Sharadkt » 04 Apr 2016, 19:06

Pioneer 380 watts component speakers did the job for me. I wanted to keep it simple, 4 speakers cost me 8000/- and they sound so good.

Regards,
Sharad

VPandey
TUVClub Admin

Postby VPandey » 05 Apr 2016, 11:29

Sharadkt wrote:Pioneer 380 watts component speakers did the job for me. I wanted to keep it simple, 4 speakers cost me 8000/- and they sound so good.

Did they fit in same slot as stock speakers are using? Or you have to m ake room for that. Can you please post pictures of that ?
Mahindra TUV 300 T8 AMT

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian

Postby Sharadkt » 05 Apr 2016, 15:24

VPandey wrote: Did they fit in same slot as stock speakers are using? Or you have to make room for that. Can you please post pictures of that ?

I got them done within first week of getting the delivery of my TUV300 (December first week). The speakers along with tweeters fit in exactly in the same slot, only the component needs to be taped / tied in the cavity next to the door. no rattling, no extra making room etc, only new places needs to be drilled in the door plastic / fibre for screwing the speakers. Speakers were a tight fit, not a perfect one but 5 months on, no loose connection, no rattling from them. Sound is good too. You can go for Bluepunkt, JBL or Pioneer and different wattage based on your budget and preference.

person who was installing, did one smart thing - removed Bluepunkt logo and fixed tweeter in that.
Attachments
$_12.jpg

VPandey
TUVClub Admin

Postby VPandey » 05 Apr 2016, 19:13

Sharadkt wrote:

I got them done within first week of getting the delivery of my TUV300 (December first week). The speakers along with tweeters fit in exactly in the same slot, only the component needs to be taped / tied in the cavity next to the door. no rattling, no extra making room etc, only new places needs to be drilled in the door plastic / fibre for screwing the speakers. Speakers were a tight fit, not a perfect one but 5 months on, no loose connection, no rattling from them. Sound is good too. You can go for Bluepunkt, JBL or Pioneer and different wattage based on your budget and preference.

Really good. Listening stock speakers is like 60s radio. Please show us the installation pics... If possible. Also from where did you purchase local shop or online?
Mahindra TUV 300 T8 AMT

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian

Postby Sharadkt » 05 Apr 2016, 21:22

I don't have installation pics, I am sorry. I purchased them at local shop, comes in set of two cost me 9000/- for all 4 doors.

VPandey
TUVClub Admin

Re: RE: Re: Quality of Infotainment System

Postby VPandey » 13 Apr 2016, 15:49

Sharadkt wrote:I don't have installation pics, I am sorry. I purchased them at local shop, comes in set of two cost me 9000/- for all 4 doors.

Is there a lot of difference in sound quality of component and coaxial speakers?

I have ordered Kicker 320w coaxial speakers but not sure what would be the output?
Mahindra TUV 300 T8 AMT

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian

Re: RE: Re: Quality of Infotainment System

Postby Sharadkt » 13 Apr 2016, 16:09

VPandey wrote:
Sharadkt wrote:I don't have installation pics, I am sorry. I purchased them at local shop, comes in set of two cost me 9000/- for all 4 doors.

Is there a lot of difference in sound quality of component and coaxial speakers?

I have ordered Kicker 320w coaxial speakers but not sure what would be the output?

strength of component set up is some serious BASS, separate tweeter, gives you an option to put that near your ear level (dash board) gives an stereo effect as music feels like coming from front / sides instead of coming from somewhere down in the doors. coaxial has everything inbuilt. further you could go for separate amplifier to get the best out of your speakers. This is true for both types of speaker.

There is one complaint that I get in my present setup is from people sitting in the third row. they don't get to hear decent sound output while first and middle row people find the volume decent. I am thinking of adding one more speaker to solve this issue.

VPandey
TUVClub Admin

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Quality of Infotainment System

Postby VPandey » 13 Apr 2016, 16:22

Sharadkt wrote:
VPandey wrote:

strength of component set up is some serious BASS, separate tweeter, gives you an option to put that near your ear level (dash board) gives an stereo effect as music feels like coming from front / sides instead of coming from somewhere down in the doors. coaxial has everything inbuilt. further you could go for separate amplifier to get the best out of your speakers. This is true for both types of speaker.

There is one complaint that I get in my present setup is from people sitting in the third row. they don't get to hear decent sound output while first and middle row people find the volume decent. I am thinking of adding one more speaker to solve this issue.

Thanks for detailed reply. Is that possible to add 2 coaxial speakers in front door (coz i ordered only a pair to check quality) and later add a pair of component in rear doors?
Mahindra TUV 300 T8 AMT

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Quality of Infotainment System

Postby Sharadkt » 13 Apr 2016, 16:37

VPandey wrote:
Sharadkt wrote:
VPandey wrote:Is there a lot of difference in sound quality of component and coaxial speakers?

Thanks for detailed reply. Is that possible to add 2 coaxial speakers in front door (coz i ordered only a pair to check quality) and later add a pair of component in rear doors?

Yes that's possible.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Return to “In Car Entertainment (ICE)”