Hi Friends,

My sole purpose to start this forum is to unite all TUV 300 owners to share their experience no matter good or bad, to benefit others and bring niggles till Mahindra officials.

Please share your thoughts and publicize this forum to make our voice stand tall.

Thanks,
VP

Changed Stock Speakers of My TUV 300 AMT

Woofers, Amplifiers, Head Units, Speakers and the likes...
VPandey
TUVClub Admin
TUV 300 Varient: T8 AMT

Changed Stock Speakers of My TUV 300 AMT

Postby VPandey » 16 Apr 2016, 19:09

Hi All

Not satisfied with the voice quality of the stock speakers, so decided to change with something else better available in the market.

Look at the stock speakers, they are the most basic speakers available from stone age.

Read reviews and decided to buy Kicker CS 674 available in Snapdeal at Rs 4100 for a pair. Quick service from snapdeal, delivered speakers in 3 days.

There was a free installation service available from snapdeal but i decided to do it my own, as i have most of the tools required for that. Opened the door panel by unscrewing 7 screws and pop clips, removed the stock speakers from housing and fitted new Kicker speakers on same plastic casing provided with stock ones.

But i have cut the some elevated plastic covering to avoid falling it on the cone of speakers.
Also i need to solder the original connector from stock fittings to the new speakers, so there was no wire cutting required.

Refitted the door panel and tested sound quality using fader for front door and i tell you there is some serious differences in the quality of the sound. Now i can hear the punch of bass and clarity of trable.

As i was not sure how it will come out, so changed only front door speakers and will change rear door speakers too in few days.

Thanks
VP
Mahindra TUV 300 T8 AMT
Logan DLS 1.5 dCI, Alto LX, Indica Xeta

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian

Re: RE: Changed Stock Speakers of My TUV 300 AMT

Postby Sharadkt » 17 Apr 2016, 10:55

VPandey wrote:Hi All

Not satisfied with the voice quality of the stock speakers, so decided to change with something else better available in the market.

Look at the stock speakers, they are the most basic speakers available from stone age.
Read reviews and decided to buy Kicker CS 674 available in Snapdeal at Rs 4100 for a pair. Quick service from snapdeal, delivered speakers in 3 days.

There was a free installation service available from snapdeal but i decided to do it my own, as i have most of the tools required for that. Opened the door panel by unscrewing 7 screws and pop clips, removed the stock speakers from housing and fitted new Kicker speakers on same plastic casing provided with stock ones.

But i have cut the some elevated plastic covering to avoid falling it on the cone of speakers.

Also i need to solder the original connector from stock fittings to the new speakers, so there was no wire cutting required.

Refitted the door panel and tested sound quality using fader for front door and i tell you there is some serious differences in the quality of the sound. Now i can hear the punch of bass and clarity of trable.

As i was not sure how it will come out, so changed only front door speakers and will change rear door speakers too in few days.

Thanks
VP

Hats off for doing this kind of stuff on your own. If satisfied, complete the setup by going for the rest of doors too so as to get perfect sound experience. I had replied in the other thread too, maintain same setup instead of mixed one.

Regards,
Sharad

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

VPandey
TUVClub Admin

Re: RE: Changed Stock Speakers of My TUV 300 AMT

Postby VPandey » 17 Apr 2016, 13:59

Sharadkt wrote:Hats off for doing this kind of stuff on your own. If satisfied, complete the setup by going for the rest of doors too so as to get perfect sound experience. I had replied in the other thread too, maintain same setup instead of mixed one.

Regards,
Sharad

Thanks Sharad, in-fact its easy job as long as you have all the tools required, which I purchased at the time when I had Logan. Also the process of opening door panels are allmost same in all cars. Some experience I gained from Logan where I used to open door panels to repair broken plastic slider placed on power window assembly rails, which used to break easily and service centres always advice to replace full assembly but the JUGAD technology always worked for me for all four doors.

I will change the rear door speakers as well but after testing these speakers for some time for any possible distortion or problems.
Mahindra TUV 300 T8 AMT

VPandey
TUVClub Admin

Re: Changed Stock Speakers of My TUV 300 AMT

Postby VPandey » 25 Apr 2016, 20:59

So finally got delivery of another pair today, this time from Amazon at Rs 3674 only for a pair of Kicker CS 674 coaxial speakers.

As i was used to with the process of installation so this time took lesser time. Did same way as i did with front doors. Removed door panels refitted speakers in same holders provided with stock speakers and now i tell you that my TUV is sounding some serious music.

But if you have better tools and materials available then i would suggest to go with making a custom adapter (holders) and some dampening with foam circles for mid bass enhancement.
Mahindra TUV 300 T8 AMT

vvmenon
Newbie TUVian

Postby vvmenon » 06 May 2016, 11:41

How is the sound output from the new set of speakers? If possible can you put some pictures of how to do this on your own?
Thanks, Vinod
TUV 300, T8 AMT; Honda City SMT 2010

My Old buddies: Premier Padmini 1983, Tata Indica Xeta Glx, Tata Nano, Maruti Suzuki Ritz

VPandey
TUVClub Admin

Postby VPandey » 06 May 2016, 12:19

vvmenon wrote:How is the sound output from the new set of speakers? If possible can you put some pictures of how to do this on your own?

Sound output is lot better from the stock speakers, now I can hear better bass and treble but not as good as the amplifier based component systems. Snapdeal provides a free installation service, but if you have necessary tools and some prior experience, you can do it on your own.

Don't have detailed installation pics but you need to open the door panel by removing 7 screws (3 at panel end, 2 under door handle and 1 towards orvm (remove black triangular cover to see)). Apart from screws the panel is fixed with clips to which pop opens when you pull panel slowly (don't apply too much force clips can break) and if clips are left in doors it self then remove them carefully with flat screwdriver.

Remove the speaker assembly and fix new speakers as posted above, you also need to solder original connector from stock speakers. Trim the plastics as described from door panel and fix back everything.
Mahindra TUV 300 T8 AMT

drkrishna
Newbie TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T8

Postby drkrishna » 17 May 2016, 10:46

Hi every one ,
Nice to see the disscusions on forum. Even i want to change the speakers for T8, so which one would be good , and what about sony or pioneer speakers. So which size and what specifications we need to look for for best sound quality. Thank you.

VPandey
TUVClub Admin

Postby VPandey » 17 May 2016, 12:00

drkrishna wrote:Hi every one ,
Nice to see the disscusions on forum. Even i want to change the speakers for T8, so which one would be good , and what about sony or pioneer speakers. So which size and what specifications we need to look for for best sound quality. Thank you.

Hi,

Stock speakers are the most basic speakers one can use. If you are looking for good sound quality then you may go for component speakers. TUV need 6 inch speakers, one of them on each door. For component speakers there will be a little change needs to be done for connecting them but another option is coaxial speakers as I mentioned in above posts.

Thanks,
VP
Mahindra TUV 300 T8 AMT

drkrishna
Newbie TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T8

Postby drkrishna » 17 May 2016, 12:37

Ok thats very informative. So a good branded coaxial speakers will do i think. Thank you.

VPandey
TUVClub Admin

Postby VPandey » 17 May 2016, 12:59

drkrishna wrote:Ok thats very informative. So a good branded coaxial speakers will do i think. Thank you.

I have changed to Kicker (as mentioned above) and having good sound quality now in comparison to stock speakers. But if you need better one then go for component speakers.
Mahindra TUV 300 T8 AMT

Return to “In Car Entertainment (ICE)”