Hi Friends,

My sole purpose to start this forum is to unite all TUV 300 owners to share their experience no matter good or bad, to benefit others and bring niggles till Mahindra officials.

Please share your thoughts and publicize this forum to make our voice stand tall.

Thanks,
VP

speakers for TUV T4 and T4+

Woofers, Amplifiers, Head Units, Speakers and the likes...
Dinesh
Newbie TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T4+

speakers for TUV T4 and T4+

Postby Dinesh » 13 Oct 2016, 13:48

Hi Friends,

I bought new TUV300 T4+. I heard that this doesn't have built-in speakers. I am planning to buy one for this. Could you please suggest good speakers online with links (will be more happy if provided).

I am also planning to buy a Double-din system. Options with me:
1. Sony XAV-W600
2. Sony XAV-W650 (with Bluetooth)
3. Pioneer AVH-289B (with Bluetooth)

Please suggest good system that fits good in TUV T4+.

Advance thanks to you.

Thanks,
Dc

LUVTUV
Newbie TUVian

Re: speakers for TUV T4 and T4+

Postby LUVTUV » 15 Oct 2016, 23:15

Dinesh,
Be a little careful with installing a double din player. Even though I love the idea, I have seen a number of not so perfect installations that will result in slight gaps on some or all of the corners/sides. If you can get a perfect fit that will be great but be careful as the installer will always say that some imperfect fitting will always be there and that too after the installation, leaving you with no choice.

I have upgraded just the speakers to JBL as mentioned in the following thread...
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=91&start=10#p840

The sound quality is definitely improved from the stock speakers but a little bit of more bass would have been better. To get that extra bass, there is a need to install an amp and sub woofer. For now, I will have to live with just the speakers upgrade.

Cheers.

Dinesh
Newbie TUVian

Postby Dinesh » 17 Oct 2016, 14:01

Thanks bro for clarification. I might install single din (or) I will ask merchant for refund if installation is not perfect :-p . Will update you soon.

Thanks,
Dc

Dinesh
Newbie TUVian

Postby Dinesh » 20 Oct 2016, 11:33

Hi friends,

I need some clarification regarding speakers of TUV 300 T4+. Does this model have stock speakers?

Thanks in advance.
Dc

LUVTUV
Newbie TUVian

Postby LUVTUV » 22 Oct 2016, 09:23

It is hard for me to believe that there are versions of TUV without any sort of audio and the speaker systems, but the information in the brochure does mention that there is not audio in some of the base versions of TUV.

Attaching the picture from my brochure for your reference.

IMG_20161021_081303.jpg

It says that there is no infotainment system or 2 Din Audio, but I think it may have some sort of basic audio system and speakers.
Please check with the dealership.

ankur
Newbie TUVian

Postby ankur » 23 Oct 2016, 21:01

Hi Dinesh
I see you have bought T4+ model like i had and here are some hidden facts about this model:
1. Yes there is no infotainment or a music system of any sort in this model. In case you want a double din audio system installed, just replace the center console of the dash with an alternative console now available in the market. Its available for around 6k bucks. For your info, there are 2 parts available, i am talking about the bigger one(including the AC vents.)
Here is a link for your reference : https://www.zigwheels.com/forum/posts/1 ... post=18878
It contains suggestions regarding all the problems i faced initially.
2. There is no lock for spare wheel as well. So even if you go for buying the colored fiber spare wheel cover, it will just sit on top of the wheel. What i meant is that M&M have not provided any locking provision. I wonder if there are any external locking mechanisms available in market for such purposes.
3. There are no holes provided for roof rails installation. So if u want them, then you will have to paste them on the top.

Do let me know if somebody has some more suggestions or solutions to our problems.

Dinesh
Newbie TUVian

Postby Dinesh » 24 Nov 2016, 07:59

Thanks for your replies friends. But a small problem occurs to me regarding double din installation. I'll be posting the pics below. This is the worst installation ever seen in my life. Actually it is not the installation problem. It is the Mahindra manufacturing problem. Double din doesn't go inside as there is a channel inside the space which is blocking. If I want to install system then channel has to be cut down, but it is not right option. Really Mahindra sucks here. Really I am pissed off. Even no one could do in this case rather than removing double din and installing single din. I really tired of this TUV. I won't suggest this vehicle for anyone.

Thanks
Dc
Attachments
IMG_20161123_221959.jpg

ankur
Newbie TUVian

Postby ankur » 24 Nov 2016, 14:01

Well, I got it cut. :)

After cutting that, Double din will go inside but it will leave some gaps on the boundary. So in order to fix those gaps u must do 2 things:

1) order the center console (with ac vents). since you can get it from mahindra, just order the one that is for top model i.e., the glossy one with silver painted edges. Its 2K mrp in mahindra.
2) Now you will need another small piece of center console that is available in local market for 1K.

So a total of 3K more and you get a finish like below:

download/file.php?id=43&mode=view

Dinesh
Newbie TUVian

Postby Dinesh » 25 Nov 2016, 22:28

Thank you very much Ankur for the suggestion. I am very much worried. But now I'll try your idea. Could u please tell me where did you get it cut?

Thanks in advance
Dc

ankur
Newbie TUVian

Postby ankur » 26 Nov 2016, 21:25

My accessory guy had done it. As far as i know, its just some plastic and can be cut using any swiz knife. Should not cause any damage to the car, as got it done the second day and i have not faced any issue so far.

Its completely natural to abuse mahindra for this, my reaction was also same to this part. I bought lower model TUV only because i wanted to get every thing done after market. But now i am relieved.

Return to “In Car Entertainment (ICE)”