Hi Friends,

My sole purpose to start this forum is to unite all TUV 300 owners to share their experience no matter good or bad, to benefit others and bring niggles till Mahindra officials.

Please share your thoughts and publicize this forum to make our voice stand tall.

Thanks,
VP

My Journey with TUV 300 T8 AMT.

Mahindra TUV 300 General Discussion
LUVTUV
Newbie TUVian

Re: My Journey with TUV 300 T8 AMT.

Postby LUVTUV » 14 Oct 2016, 12:51

1800 KMS Road Trip
----------------------------
I have taken an 1800 KM road trip with family from Hyderabad to Vishakapatnam , Araku and Rajamundry.
It was an awesome experience driving in the TUV 300. I drove on all sorts of roads in this trip, single lane, double lane, Four lane highways and Ghat Roads. TUV performed exceptionally on all terrains. So much power and torque, It was a great ride and I can't recommend it enough. Just hoping that TUV continues to perform like this for years to come.
IMG_2253.JPG

IMG_2242.JPG

After 2000 KMS on the tank, I am still in LUV :P

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T8 AMT

Postby Sharadkt » 14 Oct 2016, 13:13

LUVTUV wrote:1800 KMS Road Trip
I have taken an 1800 KM road trip with family from Hyderabad to Vishakapatnam , Araku and Rajamundry.
It was an awesome experience driving in the TUV 300. I drove on all sorts of roads in this trip, single lane, double lane, Four lane highways and Ghat Roads. TUV performed exceptionally on all terrains. So much power and torque, It was a great ride and I can't recommend it enough. Just hoping that TUV continues to perform like this for years to come.
IMG_2253.JPG
IMG_2242.JPG

Congratulations, your car looks great and new tyres give it a very aggressive profile. I am curious to know what you did with spare wheel as 17" wheel won't fit in the cover provided by Mahindra, but I see the spare wheel cover in your photos. If you retained the same, would you be able to use the same in the case of need like puncture etc?

I am also interested to know if the new tyres touches body walls, suspension system when loaded, how is the steering feel post the upgrade and change in ride quality?

Regards,
Sharad

LUVTUV
Newbie TUVian

Postby LUVTUV » 14 Oct 2016, 14:04

Sharad,
The 17" wheels with the new tyres do not touch any body wall or suspension. There was a lot of clearance and the 17" wheels fill them up but does not touch at all even in full turns. The new tyre size 235/60 R17 does reduce the tyre side wall height compared to the factory tyres but does not touch any part of the body. I did the upgrade before 300 kms on my TUV and post the upgrade I have driven about 1700 KMS. I personally did not find any issues with drive quality after the upgrade, not even a bit.
Infact, I had the same doubt as you and had reached out to a person on facebook who had done similar upgrade. Even he mentioned no issues with the upgrade due to which I went ahead with it.

I have not replaced the spare tyre. Infact, when I had issues with one of the tyres, I drove on the spare wheel in city traffic for a couple of days and did not have any issues.

your suggestions regarding Rogerab was very helpful and after installing Rogerab, the ride quality is also much smoother. Thanks.

Sharadkt wrote:Congratulations, your car looks great and new tyres give it a very aggressive profile. I am curious to know what you did with spare wheel as 17" wheel won't fit in the cover provided by Mahindra, but I see the spare wheel cover in your photos. If you retained the same, would you be able to use the same in the case of need like puncture etc?

I am also interested to know if the new tyres touches body walls, suspension system when loaded, how is the steering feel post the upgrade and change in ride quality?

Regards,
Sharad

Dinesh
Newbie TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T4+

Postby Dinesh » 17 Oct 2016, 14:02

Hi Bro,

White roof decal looks sporty. Where did you get this roof decals in Hyd?

Advance Thanks,
Dc

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian

Postby Sharadkt » 17 Oct 2016, 14:18

LUVTUV wrote:Sharad,
The 17" wheels with the new tyres do not touch any body wall or suspension. There was a lot of clearance and the 17" wheels fill them up but does not touch at all even in full turns. The new tyre size 235/60 R17 does reduce the tyre side wall height compared to the factory tyres but does not touch any part of the body. I did the upgrade before 300 kms on my TUV and post the upgrade I have driven about 1700 KMS. I personally did not find any issues with drive quality after the upgrade, not even a bit.
Infact, I had the same doubt as you and had reached out to a person on facebook who had done similar upgrade. Even he mentioned no issues with the upgrade due to which I went ahead with it.

I have not replaced the spare tyre. Infact, when I had issues with one of the tyres, I drove on the spare wheel in city traffic for a couple of days and did not have any issues.

your suggestions regarding Rogerab was very helpful and after installing Rogerab, the ride quality is also much smoother. Thanks.

Sharadkt wrote:Congratulations, your car looks great and new tyres give it a very aggressive profile. I am curious to know what you did with spare wheel as 17" wheel won't fit in the cover provided by Mahindra, but I see the spare wheel cover in your photos. If you retained the same, would you be able to use the same in the case of need like puncture etc?

Regards,
Sharad

Do you get additional dirt on vehicle's side body due to increased width of the tyres? your speedometer too must be giving inaccurate speed reading due to change in diameter?

Regards,
Sharad

LUVTUV
Newbie TUVian

Postby LUVTUV » 19 Oct 2016, 08:26

Sharadkt wrote:Do you get additional dirt on vehicle's side body due to increased width of the tyres? your speedometer too must be giving inaccurate speed reading due to change in diameter?

Regards,
Sharad

Hi, There is some dirt splashed over the foot board on the sides. I am not sure if this is solely because of the tyre sizes but it is possible that a little more dirt gets splashed on the sides as the tyres are slightly positioned outwards compared to the position of the mud flaps. I will try to take a picture of the dirt splashed on the sides and post it here.

http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Tire-Siz ... /235-60R17

Based on the above calculation, this upsize in the tyres does affect the speedometer readings by 1.46%. I thought this is a small variation that I was ok to live with.

cheers.

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian

Postby Sharadkt » 19 Oct 2016, 12:18

LUVTUV wrote:
Sharadkt wrote:Do you get additional dirt on vehicle's side body due to increased width of the tyres? your speedometer too must be giving inaccurate speed reading due to change in diameter?

Regards,
Sharad

Hi, There is some dirt splashed over the foot board on the sides. I am not sure if this is solely because of the tyre sizes but it is possible that a little more dirt gets splashed on the sides as the tyres are slightly positioned outwards compared to the position of the mud flaps. I will try to take a picture of the dirt splashed on the sides and post it here.

http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Tire-Siz ... /235-60R17

Based on the above calculation, this upsize in the tyres does affect the speedometer readings by 1.46%. I thought this is a small variation that I was ok to live with.

cheers.

thanks for all the details, helps a lot..!! I think this additional dirt splash could be an issue specially in the monsoons. already with oem tyre setup, side body including side rails get real dirty, with extra tyre width, you may get them higher or more too. Bolero styled mud flaps would be needed to stop the same.

Regards,
Sharad

leos2u
Newbie TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T8

Postby leos2u » 25 Oct 2016, 01:22

LUVTUV wrote:Today, I took my tank in rainy, pothole filled raoads and crawling traffic to Indian Decars in Hyderabad to upgrade the stock speakers. It was a very bad day to do this, as I was stuck in traffic on the return for about 1.5 hours to travel 2 Kms :(
Settled on JBL component speakers for the front and built in tweater speakers for the rear.
Chose a backup camera along with the rear view mirror display.
Selected a Bosch Horn to replace the stock horn.

I'll let some pics do the talking.....
IMG_20160916_132158.jpg
IMG_20160916_132146.jpg

Installation pics
IMG_20160916_135550.jpg
IMG_20160916_135933.jpg
When they opened up the door panels, there was a little water collected in the stock speakers :o . The installation guy mentioned that this is normal for any car except for high end luxury cars and the only way to prevent this is to install the rain visors on the doors, but personally they are so ugly. Hope this does not do damage to my new speakers.

IMG_20160916_142004.jpg
IMG_20160916_142022.jpg
IMG_20160916_143631.jpg
IMG_20160916_154426.jpg
IMG_20160916_154412.jpg

The installation took about 4 hours. I thought the guys were slow but I was ok with them being slow and not do a rush job. They did a neat job.
The sound quality is much better after the upgrade.

Here is a pic of the basic stock speakers that came out.
IMG_20160916_154233.jpg

Total damage for this upgrade is Rs.13500/- + Tip of Rs.250/- I thought it was not bad considering the fact that the dealership had offered just a "Rear Camera + Mirror Screen accessory" for Rs. 10500/-.

Hey,

I am looking to change my stock speakers with the JBL's you opted for. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Being said that I am planning to visit the Indian Decors for the upgrade.

Regards,
Ram

leos2u
Newbie TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T8

Postby leos2u » 25 Oct 2016, 01:24

LUVTUV wrote:1800 KMS Road Trip
IMG_2253.JPG
IMG_2242.JPG

With the upgraded wheels the TUV looks Superb!!!

LUVTUV
Newbie TUVian

Postby LUVTUV » 25 Oct 2016, 12:37

leos2u wrote:Hey,

I am looking to change my stock speakers with the JBL's you opted for. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Being said that I am planning to visit the Indian Decors for the upgrade.

Regards,
Ram

Hello Ram,
Indian Decars is a decent place. The price of the same speakers may be actually less on Amazon.in by around Rs.1000/- but you will have to again take it to some installer. The JBL speakers are just fine but if you can afford maybe you can go for a little better speakers like someone who suggested Kicker on this same forum. The Bass on these JBL speakers is a little weak, but definitely much better than the stock speakers.

Good Luck.

Return to “General Discussion”