Hi Friends,

My sole purpose to start this forum is to unite all TUV 300 owners to share their experience no matter good or bad, to benefit others and bring niggles till Mahindra officials.

Please share your thoughts and publicize this forum to make our voice stand tall.

Thanks,
VP

My Journey with TUV 300 T8 AMT.

Mahindra TUV 300 General Discussion
Sharadkt
Senior TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T8 AMT

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: My Journey with TUV 300 T8 AMT.

Postby Sharadkt » 13 Sep 2016, 09:05

LUVTUV wrote:
Sharadkt wrote:My feedback was based on my discussion with an owner who upgraded to 225/60/R16. I met him in car accessories shop. He said other than looks he gained nothing, as now the ride was harsher, steering felt more heavy and his granny had real difficulty in climbing into the vehicle which was now more taller.

He lost good amount of money in the upgrade process and gained only the looks.

Regards,
Sharad

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Sharad,
Thanks for the first hand information. Visual Appeal is definitely a driving force in the decision making. I am a tall person and there are no older persons in my family staying with me currently.
I don't understand how changing to 225/60/R16 from stock 215/75/R15 increased the height of the vehicle. All my research is telling me that this change will actually reduce the tyre diameter by about -3.85%. It should have not increases the height but reduced it a bit in my calculation.
The issue of a heavy steering is my only concern and I am not sure what I will end up with.
Another reason to do think about this upgrade right after delivery of the vehicle is that a tyre shop has offered an exchange value of Rs. 21500 for the stock tyres and Rs. 32500/- for the stock 15 inch alloys. I have not visited the store yet, but if the deal works out, it might end up costing an extra Rs. 25000 for the upgrade, that includes a 5th alloy spare wheel instead of the current non-alloy spare wheel that comes with the TUV. I will post the final damages once I have more details.
Will see what happens.
Thanks.

Sounds good, look forward to the details and pictures of this upgrade. I didn't get into the details or checked the facts of my discussions with the owner as mine is almost year old now and I would have to shell out much more for the upgrade.

Regards,
Sharad

LUVTUV
Newbie TUVian

Re: My Journey with TUV 300 T8 AMT.

Postby LUVTUV » 14 Sep 2016, 23:41

After a wait of almost 5 weeks, I took the delivery of my "Verve Blue" TUV 300 T8 AMT 100 Bhp.
I took the delivery from VVC Motors Hyderabad. I reached the showroom at around 4:00 PM. The vehicle was ready with my requested accessories, waiting for my pre-delivery inspection.

The following were the accessories that I got installed at the showroom.
Rear Bull Bar
Rear License Plate Chrome border
Rubber Mats
TUV Logo Projection lights
Mud Flaps
Protective Scuff Plates (Non-LED)
Rear Spoiler

The Mud flaps were not installed properly. They were not fixed on one side and were moving when shaken with very little force. It was easily visible that they were not in their correct position. I informed the accessories manager and he called the technician to fix it right away. Anyways it was a sloppy job done the first time.

I had also asked for the sun shades (magnetic), the dealer charges Rs. 1800 /-, but they were not to the exact measurements of the windows and I had to reject them. They promptly took them back.

Everything else was good, The Odometer reading showed just 18 KMS. I signed on the TR papers and while I was with the sales rep walking me through the various features of the vehicle, another sales person completed the TR work.
In total it took about 1 hour for the entire process to finish. After getting cheered by the staff of the showroom, I drove away from the delivery bay. My family couldn't accompany me as it was raining pretty badly all day and my kids had some other classes in the evening.
So it was just me in the brand new TANK. The evening traffic was not that bad and it was still raining.
My first drive was to a temple, about 3 kms from the showroom. The drive was ok, didn't experience any bad things on this short drive as the traffic was not that heavy. Just noticed that driving on the small pot holes on the road was pretty smooth. Also the maneuvering was very smooth for such a heavy vehicle. I was pretty happy with the drive.

Here are some pictures of TUV 300 on this first day.
IMG_20160914_172950.jpg

IMG_20160914_175653.jpg

IMG_20160914_173607.jpg

IMG_20160914_172930.jpg

Later in the night, I drove my family to a friends place about 10 kms away. It was raining on and off and the traffic was also heavy on the way to my friends house. Kids were in the back seats and they jumped over to the third row and sat there for the short trip. They seems to have taken a fancy towards these small jump seats :), I wonder how they will handle them on long journeys.

While driving I did notice an issue with the AMT. At crawling speeds in bumper to bumper traffic, I experienced some jerky movements. The vehicle moved forward in jerks at very low speeds, when driving without giving any acceleration. I did not notice this kind of movement while taking the Test Drive. I thought may be it is just too new and need some time to settle down. Other than this issue at crawling speed, everything else was more than satisfactory.
On the return drive, the traffic was much lighter and the drive was smooth, not much different from an AMT Celerio that I have been driving for the past 6 months.
I have decided to drive the TUV 300 for some more time before coming to any judgements about the drive quality.

So for the first day, I am 75% satisfied. Hope to have better driving experiences in the future.

ankur
Newbie TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T4+

Postby ankur » 15 Sep 2016, 11:06

Hey congratulations, your tank is looking amazing :)

Do update about the mileage after driving a while and also if you do any customization. Enjoy the beast!!

LUVTUV
Newbie TUVian

Postby LUVTUV » 15 Sep 2016, 18:14

ankur wrote:Hey congratulations, your tank is looking amazing :)

Do update about the mileage after driving a while and also if you do any customization. Enjoy the beast!!

Thanks ankur,
I do have some modification planned, the first one is to upgrade the speakers. I will post my drive experiences here to see if it helps others.

Didn't drive much today either, only a short 20 km city drive. Hyderabad roads have become like off-road driving tracks with hundreds of potholes. Add traffic to it and it is a pretty nasty place to enjoy driving. :x

Driving the TUV AMT in such slow crawling speeds is not really fun. But that would hold true even for a manual transmission where the pain is in shifting gears and driving with half clutch.

Cheers.

LUVTUV
Newbie TUVian

Postby LUVTUV » 16 Sep 2016, 22:25

Today, I took my tank in rainy, pothole filled raoads and crawling traffic to Indian Decars in Hyderabad to upgrade the stock speakers. It was a very bad day to do this, as I was stuck in traffic on the return for about 1.5 hours to travel 2 Kms :(
Settled on JBL component speakers for the front and built in tweater speakers for the rear.
Chose a backup camera along with the rear view mirror display.
Selected a Bosch Horn to replace the stock horn.

I'll let some pics do the talking.....
IMG_20160916_132158.jpg

IMG_20160916_132146.jpg

Installation pics
IMG_20160916_135550.jpg

IMG_20160916_135933.jpg

When they opened up the door panels, there was a little water collected in the stock speakers :o . The installation guy mentioned that this is normal for any car except for high end luxury cars and the only way to prevent this is to install the rain visors on the doors, but personally they are so ugly. Hope this does not do damage to my new speakers.

IMG_20160916_142004.jpg

IMG_20160916_142022.jpg

IMG_20160916_143631.jpg

IMG_20160916_154426.jpg

IMG_20160916_154412.jpg

The installation took about 4 hours. I thought the guys were slow but I was ok with them being slow and not do a rush job. They did a neat job.
The sound quality is much better after the upgrade.

Here is a pic of the basic stock speakers that came out.
IMG_20160916_154233.jpg

Total damage for this upgrade is Rs.13500/- + Tip of Rs.250/- I thought it was not bad considering the fact that the dealership had offered just a "Rear Camera + Mirror Screen accessory" for Rs. 10500/-.

LUVTUV
Newbie TUVian

Postby LUVTUV » 16 Sep 2016, 22:36

Today I found a couple of things that are bothering me regarding my tank. :cry:
1) The passenger side arm rest is getting pushed downward with very little pressure.
IMG_20160916_183508.jpg

2) When I turn the air circulation dial, it does not seem to work except for 2 settings.
Only the Face/Top and Defog settings work. None of the floor settings work. I mean if I turn the Air Circulation dial to the Feet setting, not even little air is coming out from the floor vents even when the blower is set to the max.

I will have to take it to the service center in the next week to get this fixed. Still hoping that no other major issues pop up.

cheers.

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian

Re: RE: Re: My Journey with TUV 300 T8 AMT.

Postby Sharadkt » 16 Sep 2016, 23:07

LUVTUV wrote:Today I found a couple of things that are bothering me regarding my tank. :cry:
1) The passenger side arm rest is getting pushed downward with very little pressure.
IMG_20160916_183508.jpg

2) When I turn the air circulation dial, it does not seem to work except for 2 settings.
Only the Face/Top and Defog settings work. None of the floor settings work. I mean if I turn the Air Circulation dial to the Feet setting, not even little air is coming out from the floor vents even when the blower is set to the max.

I will have to take it to the service center in the next week to get this fixed. Still hoping that no other major issues pop up.

cheers.

On armrest issue, recline the passenger side seat little bit more then remove and reinsert the armrest. It should solve your issue.

Regards,
Sharad

LUVTUV
Newbie TUVian

Re: RE: Re: My Journey with TUV 300 T8 AMT.

Postby LUVTUV » 17 Sep 2016, 22:46

Sharadkt wrote:On armrest issue, recline the passenger side seat little bit more then remove and reinsert the armrest. It should solve your issue.

Sharad,
I didn't get a chance to try this today.
I hope it works when I give it a shot tomorrow. Also, does removing the armrest technique is to just pull the arm rest out or is there any special mechanism.

Thanks.

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: My Journey with TUV 300 T8 AMT.

Postby Sharadkt » 17 Sep 2016, 22:58

LUVTUV wrote:
Sharadkt wrote:On armrest issue, recline the passenger side seat little bit more then remove and reinsert the armrest. It should solve your issue.

Sharad,
I didn't get a chance to try this today.
I hope it works when I give it a shot tomorrow. Also, does removing the armrest technique is to just pull the arm rest out or is there any special mechanism.

Thanks.

Just pull it out. You may not need to do so as once you recline the seat some more, your problem will be solved.

LUVTUV
Newbie TUVian

Postby LUVTUV » 14 Oct 2016, 12:42

Sorry, I couldn't post here for about a month here due to various issues.
Regarding TUV, as planned earlier, I have made a few modifications
1) Upsized the wheels to 17 inches.
2) Installed RogerAb
3) Added white roof sticker.
4)Lights upgrade from AutoGlam.
5)Steering Knob Installation.

Upsizing to 17"
-------------------
I was very wary of doing this with respect to ride quality but my mind was set on it, so I exchanged the stock wheels and tyres at 360 Wheels in Minister Road , Hyderabad. Upsized tyres 235/60 R17. The look after the upgrade is pretty impressive.
The ride quality, you will not believe me, is just as awesome or even better than before. :) So all my concerns with the upsize were cleared but I did have issues with one of the tyres as it was loosing air very slowly, in a matter of 2 days and this dealer guy really made it difficult to get an exchange. Had to run around for about 4 times and finally leave the tyre with him for about 4 days to get an exchange. After the exchange things have been fine. I definitely donot recommend this tyre dealer 360 Wheels in Hyderabad. Unfortunately there are many branches for this company that are all owned by this one guy named Deepak Bajaj. Don't ever go there as the after sales service is not customer friendly.

Here is the pic of the car after the wheel upgrade.
IMG_20160918_164802.jpg

Rogerab Installation
------------------------
The pretty heavy rains in the last 2 months in Hyderabad have left the roads in horrible conditions. The first 250 KMS of travel that I did in my TUV were on these bad/horrible roads and I did feel the heavy TUV bouncing around pretty badly. After reading about the suggestions by Sharadt and others, I made up my mind in the last minute at the accessory shop to get these installed. They were installed for around Rs.6000/- after which the ride is definitely much smoother. Now, the only concern I have is with warranty. Have to see how that turns out on the long run.
IMG_20160930_122405.jpg

White Roof
--------------------
As planned earlier, got the roof a white wrapping alond with balcked pillars. This was done at the car accessory shop Indian Decars in Hyderabad. I kind of regret getting it done here instead of at a 3M shop. They guy didn't do a good job on wrapping the spoiler. A part of the sticker is already peeling off on the spoiler. I am planning to take it back to the shop to ask for a rework on the spoiler. In any case the look of the car has changed very prominently and here is a picture.

IMG_20160930_183048.jpg

IMG_20160930_183028.jpg

IMG_20160930_183023.jpg

Headlight Upgrade - Autoglam
---------------------------------------
This was also a much planned upgrade to get xenon lights installed. I purchased them from Autoglam.in.
Though the lights are fine, I had trouble with one of them as they had broken hinges in the packages that were shipped from Delhi. The issue kind of turned a nightmare as the seller was not immediately ready to replace them and made me run around various places in Hyderabad to get it repaired. I did not have much choice as fighting with him will not help, so I got it repaired in a local place and got it installed. Lesson learned, don't buy expensive stuff from an online store and regret later :( Will never purchase from Autoglam.in again. Such an a s s ho le......
But anyway after the trouble with the lights, got it finally installed and here are some pics.

IMG_20161001_115740.jpg

IMG_20161001_115725.jpg

Steering Knob Installation
-------------------------------------
Purchased the following Streeing Knob from flipkar for around Rs.550/- I had never used such a knob before but wanted to give it a try.
This turned out to be one of the best and must have accessory for the TUV. Driving using this knob is such a pleasure and easy task. Now that I am used to this, driving without it seems very hard :)
premium-status-auto-hub-original-imaej4y9pestj2rb.jpg

Now that all my planned works on my LUV TUV are done, it was time to go on a long road trip with the family.

Cheers.

Return to “General Discussion”