Hi Friends,

My sole purpose to start this forum is to unite all TUV 300 owners to share their experience no matter good or bad, to benefit others and bring niggles till Mahindra officials.

Please share your thoughts and publicize this forum to make our voice stand tall.

Thanks,
VP

My Journey with TUV 300 T8 AMT.

Mahindra TUV 300 General Discussion
LUVTUV
Newbie TUVian

My Journey with TUV 300 T8 AMT.

Postby LUVTUV » 08 Aug 2016, 21:00

I have been in fascination with the TUV just like all the others on this forum from a long time.
I also have been waiting for the last 10 days to take a test drive in the 100 Bhp AMT vehicle. Since it was not available with the dealer he finally arranged a test drive in the first mHawk 80 engine AMT Vehicle.

Knowing the many issues and the negative feedback on the older AMT model, I was pretty nervous with how the drive will turn out but I was very satisfied with the test drive. Maybe my expectations were low or may be because I already drive a Maruti Celerio AGS, I already knew how an AMT would feel. The drive was very smooth in the stop and go traffic as well as zippy on the highway. I was able to reach 100 Kmph pretty easily. The interiors were ok, could have been better, but I guess we get what we pay for.

After following all the posts on TEAM-BHP for the last 2 months and this forum I have finally succumbed to my love for the TANK and paid a deposit for T8 AMT 100 BHP - Blue Color. It is going to take another 4 weeks for the delivery. Now another long wait continues. I am not sure why they are going to make me wait for so long, may be this color is in demand right now. :)

I have a lot of plans for the TUV once it arrives, some are crazy and may not materialize but these are what I am thinking about.
- Plan to black all pillars and get the roof painted white as done in this photoshopped image.

t5.jpg

- EVOQUE Style DRL XENON HID Projector Headlights (Autoglam)
- Upgrade the Speakers
- Try to get the alloys replaced or paint a black shade to look like the above image.
- Rear View Camera - not sure If I have to replace the music system in the console to accommodate the display.
- Planning for some leather seat covers from Karlsson Leather Shop in Bengaluru Image, have heard good things about them on team-bhp
- Driver side grab handle - (I think it would be useful)

Mahindra Genuine Accessories - (Saw these in an accessories flyer online, have to checkout the real ones from the showroom)
http://www.mahindratuv300.com/pdf/TUV30 ... ochure.pdf
- Logo Projection Lamp
- Premium Rear Seat Entertainment
- Premium Sun Blinds
- All Weather Mats
- Black Aluminium side step
- Illuminated Scuff Plate

I am pretty excited :geek: for the next few months. Any advise/feedback from fellow TUV lovers is really appreciated.

Cheers.

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T8 AMT

Re: My Journey with TUV 300 T8 AMT.

Postby Sharadkt » 09 Aug 2016, 10:20

LUVTUV wrote:I have been in fascination with the TUV just like all the others on this forum from a long time.
I also have been waiting for the last 10 days to take a test drive in the 100 Bhp AMT vehicle. Since it was not available with the dealer he finally arranged a test drive in the first mHawk 80 engine AMT Vehicle.

Congratulations on your booking and enjoy the anticipation. here are my inputs -

- Plan to black all pillars and get the roof painted white as done in this photoshopped image.
you need not paint the roof, use 3M films just like you would do on side pillars.

- Rear View Camera - not sure If I have to replace the music system in the console to accommodate the display.
existing screen can't accommodate the display, you may add separate display (1700/-) change rear view mirror which accommodates the display (2200/-) or go for replacement of music system. From your other points, I see that you are already planning rear seats entertainment system, which will anyways require, change of music system too. You may consider Blaupunkt San Diego 530, having all the features including navigation.

Regards,
Sharad

Sathishravya
Newbie TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T8

Postby Sathishravya » 09 Aug 2016, 17:37

Congrats for booking....
TUV 300 mHAWK100 is amazing...I am sure you are going to enjoy and make others envy about your choice !!! Fantastic look and performance...especially pulling (once you touch 1500 rpm)... others will stop to give way for you on the road....very spacious inside.
Music system is not so good but a pair of good tweeters will boost the performance...Go for it ..no second thoughts..

LUVTUV
Newbie TUVian

Postby LUVTUV » 09 Aug 2016, 17:48

Sharadkt wrote:Congratulations on your booking and enjoy the anticipation. here are my inputs -

you need not paint the roof, use 3M films just like you would do on side pillars.

existing screen can't accommodate the display, you may add separate display (1700/-) change rear view mirror which accommodates the display (2200/-) or go for replacement of music system. From your other points, I see that you are already planning rear seats entertainment system, which will anyways require, change of music system too. You may consider Blaupunkt San Diego 530, having all the features including navigation.

Regards,
Sharad

Thank you Sharad for your input.

I will check out the 3M film for the roof just like the side pillars. This should be an easy option compared to getting it painted.

The stock rear view mirror is very small from my observation during the test drive. Will have to change it anyway, may be with a rear camera display like you suggested.

http://www.mahindratuv300.com/pdf/TUV30 ... ochure.pdf
In the official TUV Accesories Brochure there is a "Premium Rear Seat Entertainment" as shown in this picture
premiumrearseat.jpg

I was not able to see any more information online yet about this option. I will try to find out about this option.

Cheers.

LUVTUV
Newbie TUVian

Postby LUVTUV » 09 Aug 2016, 17:53

Sathishravya wrote:Congrats for booking....
TUV 300 mHAWK100 is amazing...I am sure you are going to enjoy and make others envy about your choice !!! Fantastic look and performance...especially pulling (once you touch 1500 rpm)... others will stop to give way for you on the road....very spacious inside.
Music system is not so good but a pair of good tweeters will boost the performance...Go for it ..no second thoughts..

Thanks Sathishravya.
I really liked the test drive even if though it was in the mHawk 80 version.
The difficult thing now is to wait for a month to get the delivery.

I will update here if and when any thing related to the TUV comes up.

LUVTUV
Newbie TUVian

Postby LUVTUV » 09 Sep 2016, 20:31

After a long wait, my tank finally arrived at the dealership. Due to holidays in the next few days, I will be taking delivery of the tank on Wednesday - Sep 14th. Too long a wait to be excited but I am happy that the wait is coming to an end.

I have one question...
I am planning to upgrade the wheels and tyres to a 16 inchers. I have seen some upgrades in this or team-bhp forums.
Do you guys have any advise or suggestions regarding this upgrade.

I am in Hyderabad, so if you have any recommendations for a tyre shop who are fair, please let me know.

Thanks.

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian

Postby Sharadkt » 11 Sep 2016, 22:40

LUVTUV wrote:After a long wait, my tank finally arrived at the dealership. Due to holidays in the next few days, I will be taking delivery of the tank on Wednesday - Sep 14th. Too long a wait to be excited but I am happy that the wait is coming to an end.

I have one question...
I am planning to upgrade the wheels and tyres to a 16 inchers. I have seen some upgrades in this or team-bhp forums.
Do you guys have any advise or suggestions regarding this upgrade.

I am in Hyderabad, so if you have any recommendations for a tyre shop who are fair, please let me know.

Thanks.

What would you gain by changing the rim size to 16"?

You will make your ride Harsh as you will have to use thinner rubber to accomodate bigger rim. I am no expert in this department though.

Regards,
Sharad

LUVTUV
Newbie TUVian

Postby LUVTUV » 12 Sep 2016, 14:13

Sharadkt wrote:What would you gain by changing the rim size to 16"?

You will make your ride Harsh as you will have to use thinner rubber to accomodate bigger rim. I am no expert in this department though.

Regards,
Sharad

Hi Sharad, From the beginning I felt that the 15 inch wheels looked kind of small for this tall and bulky looking TUV 300. The big wheel arches may also be a reason for this. I have also seen many others upgrading the wheel size, but not many have posted any reviews regarding a Harsh ride after the upgrade. I understand that reducing the tyres from 75 to 60 or 65 does leave a possibility for a Harsher ride but wanted to hear first hand from anyone who has done the upgrade.

Anyways, the wheel size on TUV 300 is 215/75R15, currently thinking about 2 upsize choices of 215/65R16 or 225/65R17. Waiting to hear from someone who has already done this upgrade or have experienced a ride in TUV on these larger wheels.

Thanks.

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian

Re: RE: Re: My Journey with TUV 300 T8 AMT.

Postby Sharadkt » 12 Sep 2016, 15:20

LUVTUV wrote:
Sharadkt wrote:What would you gain by changing the rim size to 16"?

Regards,
Sharad

Hi Sharad, From the beginning I felt that the 15 inch wheels looked kind of small for this tall and bulky looking TUV 300. The big wheel arches may also be a reason for this. I have also seen many others upgrading the wheel size, but not many have posted any reviews regarding a Harsh ride after the upgrade. I understand that reducing the tyres from 75 to 60 or 65 does leave a possibility for a Harsher ride but wanted to hear first hand from anyone who has done the upgrade.

Anyways, the wheel size on TUV 300 is 215/75R15, currently thinking about 2 upsize choices of 215/65R16 or 225/65R17. Waiting to hear from someone who has already done this upgrade or have experienced a ride in TUV on these larger wheels.

Thanks.

My feedback was based on my discussion with an owner who upgraded to 225/60/R16. I met him in car accessories shop. He said other than looks he gained nothing, as now the ride was harsher, steering felt more heavy and his granny had real difficulty in climbing into the vehicle which was now more taller.

He lost good amount of money in the upgrade process and gained only the looks.

Regards,
Sharad

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

LUVTUV
Newbie TUVian

Re: RE: Re: My Journey with TUV 300 T8 AMT.

Postby LUVTUV » 13 Sep 2016, 07:31

Sharadkt wrote:My feedback was based on my discussion with an owner who upgraded to 225/60/R16. I met him in car accessories shop. He said other than looks he gained nothing, as now the ride was harsher, steering felt more heavy and his granny had real difficulty in climbing into the vehicle which was now more taller.

He lost good amount of money in the upgrade process and gained only the looks.

Regards,
Sharad

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Sharad,
Thanks for the first hand information. Visual Appeal is definitely a driving force in the decision making. I am a tall person and there are no older persons in my family staying with me currently.
I don't understand how changing to 225/60/R16 from stock 215/75/R15 increased the height of the vehicle. All my research is telling me that this change will actually reduce the tyre diameter by about -3.85%. It should have not increases the height but reduced it a bit in my calculation.
The issue of a heavy steering is my only concern and I am not sure what I will end up with.
Another reason to do think about this upgrade right after delivery of the vehicle is that a tyre shop has offered an exchange value of Rs. 21500 for the stock tyres and Rs. 32500/- for the stock 15 inch alloys. I have not visited the store yet, but if the deal works out, it might end up costing an extra Rs. 25000 for the upgrade, that includes a 5th alloy spare wheel instead of the current non-alloy spare wheel that comes with the TUV. I will post the final damages once I have more details.
Will see what happens.
Thanks.

Return to “General Discussion”