Hi Friends,

My sole purpose to start this forum is to unite all TUV 300 owners to share their experience no matter good or bad, to benefit others and bring niggles till Mahindra officials.

Please share your thoughts and publicize this forum to make our voice stand tall.

Thanks,
VP

TUV AMT slipping to 'N' mode while driving and AMT warning

Mahindra TUV 300 General Discussion
vvmenon
Newbie TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T8 AMT

TUV AMT slipping to 'N' mode while driving and AMT warning

Postby vvmenon » 26 May 2016, 09:49

This happened thrice to me now. While driving, may be in A3 or A4, TUV suddenly slips to N and is stuck in that gear. It wont change. I was fortunate enough to keep the momentum and park the car to the side of the road before anyone hit me.

The only solution is to switch off, take the key out and restart TUV. However, the AMT light will still be there, until you switch off the TUV and wait for the engine to cool off. Thrice this happened, I was driving at around 40 - 60, no sudden acceleration, fuel was at one bar with refuel sign on.

Question: How SAFE is TUV 300 to drive?

What if this happened while I was overtaking some vehicle? What if while I was driving and some vehicle was closely behind me?

Be careful - when you feel vehicle is not accelerating, check the dashboard for the gear sign. If it is N, try to change it to A1 or 1. If it is not changing - DONT PANIC. Use the momentum to park the car to the side of the road - make sure to put the hazard lights to warn vehicles behind you. All these should be done within 1 or 2 minutes as vehicle may loose speed due to lack of acceleration and get stuck in middle of road.

ALL THE BEST Driving TUV AMT!!! GOD Bless! :cry: :cry:
Thanks, Vinod
TUV 300, T8 AMT; Honda City SMT 2010

My Old buddies: Premier Padmini 1983, Tata Indica Xeta Glx, Tata Nano, Maruti Suzuki Ritz

Govindrajutuv300
Newbie TUVian

Re: TUV AMT slipping to 'N' mode while driving and AMT warning

Postby Govindrajutuv300 » 02 Jun 2016, 16:17

While driving if you come across AMT light warning, Be careful, slow down the vehicle to the safer place and don't touch the gear transmission. You know if you put 4 or 3 rd gear, you see the engine power suddenly cut off. this is very dangerous. Even if you put neutral also, the power suddenly cuts off. Hence be careful as & when you see the warning light. The good thing is that you can drive the vehicle carefully to the safer place even AMT light is on. But never try gear or neutral at that time. !
Good Luck & Be Careful.

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian

Postby Sharadkt » 10 Jun 2016, 17:13

Govindrajutuv300 wrote:While driving if you come across AMT light warning, Be careful, slow down the vehicle to the safer place and don't touch the gear transmission. You know if you put 4 or 3 rd gear, you see the engine power suddenly cut off. this is very dangerous. Even if you put neutral also, the power suddenly cuts off. Hence be careful as & when you see the warning light. The good thing is that you can drive the vehicle carefully to the safer place even AMT light is on. But never try gear or neutral at that time. !
Good Luck & Be Careful.

As per Vinod's post, with AMT warning light, gear indicator changes to N so can't understand your Be Careful message. Kindly explain for us to understand.

Thanks,
Sharad

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian

Postby Sharadkt » 10 Jun 2016, 17:16

vvmenon wrote:This happened thrice to me now. While driving, may be in A3 or A4, TUV suddenly slips to N and is stuck in that gear. It wont change. I was fortunate enough to keep the momentum and park the car to the side of the road before anyone hit me.

The only solution is to switch off, take the key out and restart TUV. However, the AMT light will still be there, until you switch off the TUV and wait for the engine to cool off. Thrice this happened, I was driving at around 40 - 60, no sudden acceleration, fuel was at one bar with refuel sign on.

Question: How SAFE is TUV 300 to drive?

What if this happened while I was overtaking some vehicle? What if while I was driving and some vehicle was closely behind me?

Be careful - when you feel vehicle is not accelerating, check the dashboard for the gear sign. If it is N, try to change it to A1 or 1. If it is not changing - DONT PANIC. Use the momentum to park the car to the side of the road - make sure to put the hazard lights to warn vehicles behind you. All these should be done within 1 or 2 minutes as vehicle may loose speed due to lack of acceleration and get stuck in middle of road.

ALL THE BEST Driving TUV AMT!!! GOD Bless! :cry: :cry:

Vinod,

How can one not panic? what if this happens during overtaking or what if vehicle coming from behind fails to notice and control and hits us? We bought death for 10+ lacs? Is Anand Mahindra even concerned about fellow Indians who happens to be his customers or he is busy counting money only? He is Lala Ji types it seems...

dan4uall
Newbie TUVian

Postby dan4uall » 12 Jun 2016, 19:42

I have faced exactly similar problem today wherin the vehicle went from Drive mode to Neutral mode. It's good I was driving on a 4 lane Road and was not trying to overtake any vehicle on a a 2 lane Road. Regret my decision on taking a new model from Mahindra.

VPandey
TUVClub Admin

Postby VPandey » 13 Jun 2016, 12:39

dan4uall wrote:I have faced exactly similar problem today wherin the vehicle went from Drive mode to Neutral mode. It's good I was driving on a 4 lane Road and was not trying to overtake any vehicle on a a 2 lane Road. Regret my decision on taking a new model from Mahindra.

The problem of AMT slipping in to N has been reported by many TUV AMT owners in recent past, please take in to the notice of Mahindra officials by sending them mails at

Your Area representative from Mahindra (get email id from dealer)
CC head at dhond.sandeep@mahindra.com and afs-president@mahindra.com
including your GM Sales, GM Service and CEO of dealership

I am sure your problems will be taken care.

Thanks,
VP
Mahindra TUV 300 T8 AMT
Logan DLS 1.5 dCI, Alto LX, Indica Xeta

hafizpilla
Newbie TUVian

Postby hafizpilla » 22 Jun 2016, 23:33

the ATM not responding to acceleration while on the drive and reverse has happened to me lots of time since day one of delivery {feb 2016}.my vehicle was in the dealers workshop for not less than 25 days altogether since delivery for the issues concerning ATM and sound from the underneath of the vehicle.they changed the resonator and changed the ATM transmission assembly as whole .my vehicle was parked in the dealers workshop for almost 18 days at stretch in march after a few days of delivery. inspite of all these measures the problem occasionally persists.

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian

Postby Sharadkt » 23 Jun 2016, 10:06

hafizpilla wrote:the ATM not responding to acceleration while on the drive and reverse has happened to me lots of time since day one of delivery {feb 2016}.my vehicle was in the dealers workshop for not less than 25 days altogether since delivery for the issues concerning ATM and sound from the underneath of the vehicle.they changed the resonator and changed the ATM transmission assembly as whole .my vehicle was parked in the dealers workshop for almost 18 days at stretch in march after a few days of delivery. inspite of all these measures the problem occasionally persists.

Did you get details of work done or part replaced or symptom details anything in writing by way of zero invoice or service work order? If answer is yes, and if you can spare a day or two and 4-5k for consumer court filing, you may get a new car from them.

manhem2000
Newbie TUVian

Postby manhem2000 » 02 Sep 2016, 18:56

I have same problem with TUV AMT the warning lamp glows and the gear is shifted to nuetral and after that have to shut engine 2-3 times until light goes .The traffic in Mumbai highways and with bumper to bumper with many flyovers this is very risky and have chosen not to use this vehicle have given it to the service centre and have also applied for a bigger life insurance accidental policy! .

This is a very serious matter and Mahindra should call back these vehicles as if any accident ooccurs because of this God save them

vijaykhambe
Newbie TUVian

Postby vijaykhambe » 27 Nov 2017, 17:09

did anyone got this issue solved.. ???
what are the charges mahindra took for this?

Return to “General Discussion”