Hi Friends,

My sole purpose to start this forum is to unite all TUV 300 owners to share their experience no matter good or bad, to benefit others and bring niggles till Mahindra officials.

Please share your thoughts and publicize this forum to make our voice stand tall.

Thanks,
VP

TUV making loud knocking sound

Mahindra TUV 300 General Discussion
vincentds
Newbie TUVian

Re: TUV making loud knocking sound

Postby vincentds » 04 Sep 2016, 21:20

i have same issue in my TUV 300 T8 Manual. Does this have any fix?

ankur
Newbie TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T4+

Postby ankur » 12 Sep 2016, 10:20

VPandey wrote:Hi All,

I have purchased TUV 300 AMT on Feb 16, 2016 from GSP Mahindra, Gurgaon. From the very first day it started giving me problems, first with Jerks and now an strange undiagnosed problem of occasionally engine producing truck like sound.

This happened first time on 8 March 16 when engine started producing strange truck like sound just like a pickup truck or Tata 407. Immediately went to service center but at the end problem could not be diagnosed.

Now again today on 26 March 16 again TUV engine started sounding same as truck and this time I recorded video of the problem. Again immediately went to service center where senior technicians from GSP and Mahindra looked in to the problem but result were same and problem was undiagnosed. There was one more TUV AMT called in by techs for same problem.

I have uploaded the video of problem on YouTube, which can be found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H05aGMg3730
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp95hbdsiN8

Here the problem is clearly visible with lot of jerks and drop in pickup. The sound was so loud that it has been recorded having all window glasses rolled-up.

Now this is making me highly doubtful about my decision of purchasing TUV and taking any long drives

Thanks,
VP

Hi VP

I am having the exact same sound from my TUV MT, Can please suggest what i should be doing ? I work in gurgaon, so i can to any place you suggest.

rajdhingra84
Newbie TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T8 AMT

Postby rajdhingra84 » 13 Sep 2016, 22:39

Hi Guys,

I am from Faridabad and planning to buy TUV 300 soon but not able to decide between Manual or AMT. Not able to get any details about new mHawk 100 version of AMT.
Are these problems still not resolved in new AMT?
Any help would be much appreciated.
Regards
Rajesh

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian

Re: RE: Re: TUV making loud knocking sound

Postby Sharadkt » 13 Sep 2016, 23:20

rajdhingra84 wrote:Hi Guys,

I am from Faridabad and planning to buy TUV 300 soon but not able to decide between Manual or AMT. Not able to get any details about new mHawk 100 version of AMT.
Regards
Rajesh

To be safe go for manual if you HAVE to go for TUV300. More than issues it's pathetic to drive due to jerks, sluggish transmission, low mileage and engine noise.

Regards,
Sharad

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

ankur
Newbie TUVian

Postby ankur » 13 Sep 2016, 23:55

rajdhingra84 wrote:Hi Guys,

Regards
Rajesh

hi raj

I would suggest you to wait for some time, new cars from multiple brands would launched soon. You might have more options then. :geek:
Investing in TUV would be wastage. :evil:

ankur
Newbie TUVian

Postby ankur » 15 Sep 2016, 20:39

VPandey wrote:So yesterday I have got my TUV back from service center and as per Mr Ravi and Mr Mohit they have updated the software and replaced AMT sensor this time. Assured me that problem will not occur again.

As this is not sure when the sound starts coming so its a wait and watch situation and will continue to monitor for next 15 days.

I went to service center today. My tank was making the same noise as your and there was some friction/vibration in clutch and race pedal. So they changed a part called "modulator" and now the tank is as smooth as new. :)

Finally my tank is free from all issues. ;)

vincentds
Newbie TUVian

Postby vincentds » 30 Sep 2016, 14:43

I had a same issue, and Mahindra have replaced HOSE pipes and fittings.. Now its very smooth.. but still need to check whether that truck like sound is disappeared or not. At present, sound is not there..

Vikrant
Newbie TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T8

Postby Vikrant » 04 Nov 2016, 11:03

even i'm facing this problem ON & OFF. has it been resolved in ur vehicle. Engineer at my place have no clue about it. and i'm also unable to reproduce the same.
also have u faced any left pulling in your vehicle as soon as you loose the grip of steering wheel?
problem with the NIPPON music system also as it rejects the CALL IN waiting immediately.

PLEASE respond if any information .
thanks

karthik7574
Newbie TUVian

Postby karthik7574 » 08 Jun 2017, 11:52

Does any one know what is the final solution for this problem. I am facing same problem only in morning. sound will be there for the first 10KM, after that it disappears.

vvmenon
Newbie TUVian

Postby vvmenon » 08 Jun 2017, 12:00

I believe the solution is to change the faulty resonator or modulator which causes sound. Just ask the service centre to check it out and replace if necessary.
Thanks, Vinod
TUV 300, T8 AMT; Honda City SMT 2010

My Old buddies: Premier Padmini 1983, Tata Indica Xeta Glx, Tata Nano, Maruti Suzuki Ritz

Return to “General Discussion”