Hi Friends,

My sole purpose to start this forum is to unite all TUV 300 owners to share their experience no matter good or bad, to benefit others and bring niggles till Mahindra officials.

Please share your thoughts and publicize this forum to make our voice stand tall.

Thanks,
VP

TUV making loud knocking sound

Mahindra TUV 300 General Discussion
Sharadkt
Senior TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T8 AMT

Re: TUV making loud knocking sound

Postby Sharadkt » 08 Apr 2016, 21:00

I don't get jerks or say violent jerks but only slow lag is noticed during gear shift. Occasional jerk may be witnessed in bumper to bumper traffic. Please note that hydraulic clutch develops some play over time and needs to be recalibrated. If you face too many jerks and slow gear shift please have your clutch recalibrated.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

VPandey
TUVClub Admin

Re: RE: Re: TUV making loud knocking sound

Postby VPandey » 08 Apr 2016, 21:56

Sharadkt wrote:I don't get jerks or say violent jerks but only slow lag is noticed during gear shift. Occasional jerk may be witnessed in bumper to bumper traffic. Please note that hydraulic clutch develops some play over time and needs to be recalibrated. If you face too many jerks and slow gear shift please have your clutch recalibrated.

The jerks are not very heavy but mild ones and inconsistent acceleration... I mean sometimes pressing accelerator gives slow start followed by sudden take off and jerks are felt only at low very low speeds specially from 3rd to 2nd and 1st gear. Sometimes in 1st gear while pressing break.

BTW how they calibrate the clutch?
Mahindra TUV 300 T8 AMT
Logan DLS 1.5 dCI, Alto LX, Indica Xeta

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian

Postby Sharadkt » 08 Apr 2016, 22:03

Nothing mechanical I think, they do via software, as told by service engineer.

SoniVx
Newbie TUVian

Postby SoniVx » 13 Apr 2016, 00:43

VPandey wrote:So yesterday I have got my TUV back from service center and as per Mr Ravi and Mr Mohit they have updated the software and replaced AMT sensor this time. Assured me that problem will not occur again.

As this is not sure when the sound starts coming so its a wait and watch situation and will continue to monitor for next 15 days.

did it resolve the knocking sound issue completely? I'm planning to hand over my TUV to a colleague to get ti services and then park it saftey at his place. Overseas assignment is going to keep me away for couple of months. Odo stands at 2600kms, do you suggest to get it serviced and park for two months(minimal usage in between to keep the battery alive), or get it serviced later?

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian

Postby Sharadkt » 13 Apr 2016, 05:40

SoniVx wrote:
VPandey wrote:So yesterday I have got my TUV back from service center and as per Mr Ravi and Mr Mohit they have updated the software and replaced AMT sensor this time. Assured me that problem will not occur again.

As this is not sure when the sound starts coming so its a wait and watch situation and will continue to monitor for next 15 days.

did it resolve the knocking sound issue completely? I'm planning to hand over my TUV to a colleague to get ti services and then park it saftey at his place. Overseas assignment is going to keep me away for couple of months. Odo stands at 2600kms, do you suggest to get it serviced and park for two months(minimal usage in between to keep the battery alive), or get it serviced later?

Better to get it serviced after two months since it will be used sparingly till that. The knocking issue hasn't returned yet but in my case earlier my tank's software was updated in January end for knocking issue but it happened again after two months say March end. So it is too early to say it is solved.

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian

Postby Sharadkt » 15 Apr 2016, 12:11

I am thankfully able to release the negative feelings / thoughts and starting to feel good about the tank again... works like charm so far... touchwood.

Ansh
Newbie TUVian

Postby Ansh » 22 Apr 2016, 15:13

Issues I am facing with my TUV

1. Sometimes it make noise like a tractor
2. Jerks on slow speed
3. Gear changes are not smooth
4. Gear change on dashboard changes 4 -5 sec before actual gear shift.
5. Sometimes, it keeps accelerating for few seconds even after pressing break.
6. Since last 2000Km there are vibrations in A pedal.
7. Since morning Bluetooth stopped working

I visited service center last week, they checked my vehicle is running latest software. They told, they will get back after communicating with Mahindra.

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian

Postby Sharadkt » 22 Apr 2016, 15:19

Ansh wrote:Issues I am facing with my TUV

2. Jerks on slow speed

I visited service center last week, they checked my vehicle is running latest software. They told, they will get back after communicating with Mahindra.

Same here I have Mahindra technician visiting me tomorrow

VPandey
TUVClub Admin

Postby VPandey » 22 Apr 2016, 16:12

Ansh wrote:Issues I am facing with my TUV

1. Sometimes it make noise like a tractor...

Hi Ansh,

Whats your location? Problem with TUV AMT is not seems settling as lot of people are complaining moreover similar problems.

- Ask them about the latest AMT software update specially related to this problem, as updated in my and Sharad's TUV.

2. Jerks on slow speed

- I too feel jerks but one is gear shifts and other is just before stopping.

- Since its AMT so can't expect it as smooth as automatics but still down-shifts are more jerky than up-shifts.

- May be its a characteristic as its happening from the very first day. The systems seems work like updating display first then sending signal to change gears.

- Sensor problems or pressing breaks in between gears are down-shifting can also create such situations.

- No such issue here but I have driven very less, so may be an incoming problem

- May be a hardware failure or software problem

If you are from Delhi NCR area then please follow procedure given in this post to followup - viewtopic.php?f=12&t=19&start=10

Thanks,
VP
Mahindra TUV 300 T8 AMT
Logan DLS 1.5 dCI, Alto LX, Indica Xeta

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian

Postby Sharadkt » 22 Jun 2016, 11:19

Haven't received any response from Mahindra Support team related to details of the issue, what is the reason for getting this problem and what have they done to ensure it doesn't repeat again. Rains in Mumbai also brings temperature drop too so it makes me worried... what should be done?

Return to “General Discussion”