Hi Friends,

My sole purpose to start this forum is to unite all TUV 300 owners to share their experience no matter good or bad, to benefit others and bring niggles till Mahindra officials.

Please share your thoughts and publicize this forum to make our voice stand tall.

Thanks,
VP

TUV making loud knocking sound

Mahindra TUV 300 General Discussion
sanand
Newbie TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T8

Re: TUV making loud knocking sound

Postby sanand » 04 Apr 2016, 10:20

Hello All,
I too have this problem in my T8 manual. but when I told, they said as this is 3 pot engine, this will make noise till few minutes in cold start. actually same thing happens also. after the engine is heat, the sound disappears.

VPandey
TUVClub Admin
TUV 300 Varient: T8 AMT

Postby VPandey » 04 Apr 2016, 10:30

sanand wrote:Hello All,
I too have this problem in my T8 manual. but when I told, they said as this is 3 pot engine, this will make noise till few minutes in cold start. actually same thing happens also. after the engine is heat, the sound disappears.

Hi Sanand,

Welcome to TUVClub.com!

This has nothing to do with a 3 pot engine. If you are able to match the sound produced with attached videos (check above) then its a manufacturing fault well known to Mahindra and they are working on it as well. For AMT owners like me absence of clutch mechanism makes it worst when this sound starts occurring because it produces a lot of jerks and AMT warning light with sometime temporary failure of AMT system. The only solution is to switch off engine and wait for some time - problem disappears and will not return for whole day.

But if its not the case then not to worry as this happens where engine sound is louder than normal for first few kilo meters and happens with other cars as well.
Mahindra TUV 300 T8 AMT
Logan DLS 1.5 dCI, Alto LX, Indica Xeta

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian

Postby Sharadkt » 04 Apr 2016, 16:54

VPandey wrote: I would request you to upload your video on youtube and link here so that others can come to know as well.

Linking videos recorded by me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1zlHHTij9I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WWIRghZtWg

I noticed some performance improvements in new software while driving to office today. ride is less jerky, gear shifts are quicker and better timed, fourth gear gets engaged at 40 km speed and 5th gear on 60 km based on your aggression on the paddle. I pushed my TUV hard from the word go, trying to repeat the noise but could not. I will repeat this for rest of the week to be sure.

Regards,
Sharad

VPandey
TUVClub Admin

Postby VPandey » 04 Apr 2016, 22:36

Sharadkt wrote:
VPandey wrote: I would request you to upload your video on youtube and link here so that others can come to know as well.

Linking videos recorded by me.

Thanks for linking videos. Yes that's the exact sound which was produced by my TUV as well. Till now three times happened with last time AMT warning light came on and TUV refused to move forward in AMT but manual mode was working.

As per Mahindra officer from Delhi NCR they have updated software and changed one AMT sensor. I will continue monitoring for next 15 - 20 days.

Can you ask your SS about the current version of software updated?
Mahindra TUV 300 T8 AMT

Ansh
Newbie TUVian

Postby Ansh » 05 Apr 2016, 23:53

VPandey wrote:
Ansh wrote:Hi Guys,

I own T8AMT, done 4500 km in last 4 months. I am also facing exact same issues. I am planning to visit service center tomorrow.

Hi Ansh,

If you have not recorded the sound or made a video then show them the videos I have linked in above posts, otherwise they just simply ignore the problem.

Yes, I have recorded video. Its exactly same sound as video recorded by you.
I feel this issue is not linked to cold start. Didn't faced this issues Yesterday and today. but in evening while driving back from office TUV started making noise again. Continued making noise for 16Km and then suddenly all silent. Gear shifts become extremely jerky when its making noise.

VPandey
TUVClub Admin

Postby VPandey » 06 Apr 2016, 21:48

Ansh wrote:Yes, I have recorded video. Its exactly same sound as video recorded by you.
I feel this issue is not linked to cold start. Didn't faced this issues Yesterday and today. but in evening while driving back from office TUV started making noise again. Continued making noise for 16Km and then suddenly all silent. Gear shifts become extremely jerky when its making noise.

I would suggest you to immediately enquire about the new version of software which i feel till now tested on my and sharads TUV.

Today was fourth day after software update and till now my TUV is behaving normally. Fingers crossed.
Mahindra TUV 300 T8 AMT

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian

Re: RE: Re: TUV making loud knocking sound

Postby Sharadkt » 06 Apr 2016, 21:53

VPandey wrote:I would suggest you to immediately enquire about the new version of software which i feel till now tested on my and sharads TUV.

Today was fourth day after software update and till now my TUV is behaving normally. Fingers crossed.

Same with me and fingers crossed. Do you feel any improvement in AMT performance too ?

Regards
Sharad

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

VPandey
TUVClub Admin

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: TUV making loud knocking sound

Postby VPandey » 06 Apr 2016, 22:01

Sharadkt wrote:
VPandey wrote:I would suggest you to immediately enquire about the new version of software which i feel till now tested on my and sharads TUV.

Same with me and fingers crossed. Do you feel any improvement in AMT performance too ?

Regards
Sharad

I feel there is some improvement in pickup and steady performance on higher RPMs but still feel slow jerks on low speeds like using creep or breaking at 3rd gear. 2 to 1 also creates minor jerks.
Mahindra TUV 300 T8 AMT

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian

Postby Sharadkt » 06 Apr 2016, 22:05

True that, jerks are less violent and less slower after signal turns green. But now it is bit slower or jerky while shifting from third to fourth or second. I will write to Mahindra after some more testing.

VPandey
TUVClub Admin

Postby VPandey » 08 Apr 2016, 17:35

Sharadkt wrote:True that, jerks are less violent and less slower after signal turns green. But now it is bit slower or jerky while shifting from third to fourth or second. I will write to Mahindra after some more testing.

Do you feel we should escalate the issue of jerks on slow speeds to Mahindra higher officials. Because it feels very awkward if TUV jerks and someone is sitting on passenger seat ask - what happened?
Mahindra TUV 300 T8 AMT

Return to “General Discussion”