Hi Friends,

My sole purpose to start this forum is to unite all TUV 300 owners to share their experience no matter good or bad, to benefit others and bring niggles till Mahindra officials.

Please share your thoughts and publicize this forum to make our voice stand tall.

Thanks,
VP

TUV making loud knocking sound

Mahindra TUV 300 General Discussion
VPandey
TUVClub Admin
TUV 300 Varient: T8 AMT

TUV making loud knocking sound

Postby VPandey » 02 Apr 2016, 17:28

Hi All,

I have purchased TUV 300 AMT on Feb 16, 2016 from GSP Mahindra, Gurgaon. From the very first day it started giving me problems, first with Jerks and now an strange undiagnosed problem of occasionally engine producing truck like sound.

This happened first time on 8 March 16 when engine started producing strange truck like sound just like a pickup truck or Tata 407. Immediately went to service center but at the end problem could not be diagnosed.

Now again today on 26 March 16 again TUV engine started sounding same as truck and this time I recorded video of the problem. Again immediately went to service center where senior technicians from GSP and Mahindra looked in to the problem but result were same and problem was undiagnosed. There was one more TUV AMT called in by techs for same problem.

I have uploaded the video of problem on YouTube, which can be found here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H05aGMg3730
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp95hbdsiN8

Here the problem is clearly visible with lot of jerks and drop in pickup. The sound was so loud that it has been recorded having all window glasses rolled-up.

Now this is making me highly doubtful about my decision of purchasing TUV and taking any long drives

Thanks,
VP
Mahindra TUV 300 T8 AMT
Logan DLS 1.5 dCI, Alto LX, Indica Xeta

VPandey
TUVClub Admin

Re: TUV making loud knocking sound

Postby VPandey » 02 Apr 2016, 17:32

Tweeted my problems regarding truck sound to Anand Mahindra and Vivek Nayer and got reply that customer care team with Zonal head will be looking into the problem.

On the day when video recorded (26 March) I was on the way to showroom for HSRP installation but after only 1 km of drive engine started sounding like anything, straight away talked to service center head and cootek engineer who requested to bring TUV to service center, so instead of going to showroom I drove to service center where few engineers from Mahindra were there and already called a TUV of one of my known for same problem.

They are aware of this problem and were already working on the solution. Tested my TUV with couple of test drives, live data recording but they could not reproduce the sound, as it happens mostly with the first crank of the day and engine idle for at-least 12 hours. But as per the call received from Delhi NCR head of Mahindra Mr Ravi Khurana, they have detected a software bug which was responsible for producing this kind of sound and a patch has been applied to me and my friends TUVs. Now our TUVs are on watch for next 15-20 days to check re-occurrence of the problem. If problem resurfaces then they will further analyse otherwise it will be marked as fixed (may be to others as well with a ECU update).

I am not sure this happens with AMT only or Manuals as well but anyone who can match similar sound as in posted video must contact Mahindra to look in to it and apply the fix.
Mahindra TUV 300 T8 AMT

VPandey
TUVClub Admin

Postby VPandey » 02 Apr 2016, 17:33

IMG_20160331_103946.jpg
The AMT warning light came on this time.
The TUV is still at service center. As this is an undiagnosed problem which is beyond understandings of engineers at service center, so this time they have prepared a case study with all checks and readings and forwarded to Mahindra plant engineers. Today morning i had received a call from one such engineer from TN asking about whats exactly happened. I have explained them in detail.

Now as per Delhi NCR head Mr Ravi they will apply some updates tomorrow to check effect. Lets see what comes out.

But to the courtesy this time they have provided me a backup scorpio for daily use.
Mahindra TUV 300 T8 AMT

VPandey
TUVClub Admin

Postby VPandey » 03 Apr 2016, 10:05

I hope someone from Mahindra is reading these comments and try to bring faith back in TUV, as its a perfect urban SUV which can easily beat all others.

Today is fourth day since my TUV is at service center and as per them they have updated the ECU software and changed one AMT sensor. Doing tests and if everything comes fine then TUV will be delivered back to me today evening.
Mahindra TUV 300 T8 AMT

SoniVx
Newbie TUVian

Postby SoniVx » 03 Apr 2016, 14:48

Hi Vivek

I had been following you on TBHP and was surprised to see you facing the same issues as I'm. (got to know your name from Sajid GPS motors),
this truck sound is too annoying and comes occasionally. I had made audio recording and provided these to Service center, post which they updated the ECU, the sound was gone but it was back intermittently. Couldn't find the specific scenario for this sound. Also the downshifts are too jerky at times, specially in case of hard bracking :(

Virendra

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian

Postby Sharadkt » 03 Apr 2016, 22:08

Hi, I own T8 AMT and having the same issue of intermittent engine noise, vibration and jerks. This time I have been assured that problem has been identified and solved permanently. This is thanks to the video recording of Vivek and mine. Earlier the Mahindra technicians were not able to see and hear the engine behavior themselves. Any case my TUV300 has been returned back with latest patch. The jerks during down shift and upshifts have vanished, gear shift is lot more smooth. The intermittent noise issue is solved or not only time will tell.

Strangely total 5 TUV300 owners have reported the said issue to Mahindra, rest have either chose to reboot the engine and carry on with their routine or have been naive enough to have been turned away by dealer workshop engineers.

Regards,
Sharad

Ansh
Newbie TUVian

Postby Ansh » 04 Apr 2016, 07:35

Hi Guys,

I own T8AMT, done 4500 km in last 4 months. I am also facing exact same issues. I am planning to visit service center tomorrow.

VPandey
TUVClub Admin

Postby VPandey » 04 Apr 2016, 09:45

So yesterday I have got my TUV back from service center and as per Mr Ravi and Mr Mohit they have updated the software and replaced AMT sensor this time. Assured me that problem will not occur again.

As this is not sure when the sound starts coming so its a wait and watch situation and will continue to monitor for next 15 days.
Mahindra TUV 300 T8 AMT

VPandey
TUVClub Admin

Postby VPandey » 04 Apr 2016, 09:50

Sharadkt wrote:Hi, I own T8 AMT and having the same issue of intermittent engine noise, vibration and jerks. This time I have been assured that problem has been identified and solved permanently. This is thanks to the video recording of Vivek and mine. Earlier the Mahindra technicians were not able to see and hear the engine behavior themselves. Any case my TUV300 has been returned back with latest patch. The jerks during down shift and upshifts have vanished, gear shift is lot more smooth. The intermittent noise issue is solved or not only time will tell.

Hi Sharad,

I am facing this issue since it was only 300 KMs driven but was unable to reproduce same at service center making them only guessing, first time they updated ECU from 18.3.3 to 18.3.5 but problem reoccurred after around 12 days and since then I have carried TUV to service center 3 times. I would request you to upload your video on youtube and link here so that others can come to know as well.
Mahindra TUV 300 T8 AMT

VPandey
TUVClub Admin

Postby VPandey » 04 Apr 2016, 09:51

Ansh wrote:Hi Guys,

I own T8AMT, done 4500 km in last 4 months. I am also facing exact same issues. I am planning to visit service center tomorrow.

Hi Ansh,

If you have not recorded the sound or made a video then show them the videos I have linked in above posts, otherwise they just simply ignore the problem.
Mahindra TUV 300 T8 AMT

Return to “General Discussion”