Hi Friends,

My sole purpose to start this forum is to unite all TUV 300 owners to share their experience no matter good or bad, to benefit others and bring niggles till Mahindra officials.

Please share your thoughts and publicize this forum to make our voice stand tall.

Thanks,
VP

Reverse gear!

Mahindra TUV 300 General Discussion
sijuj
Newbie TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T8

Reverse gear!

Postby sijuj » 03 Apr 2017, 19:04

I am using TUV300 for more than a year and covered more than 20000 km.

While checking my driving habits, I noticed that I do not use top gear, 5th gear at around 70 km speed. I tried to use 5th gear at around 70 km. Then I noticed a issue very often. When I drive at around 70 km at 5th gear, and when it is reducing speed to 60 or below and if I quickly try to change the gear to 4th, I hear a large noise from gear box some times. This may be the gear did not go to 4th but it tried to enter reverse when clutch is engaged to change the gear. Vehicle did not have any effect, other than it gave a large noise and did not do the gear shift. A much careful and smooth shift from 5th to 4th will shift the gear. But I experienced this issue in above scenario more than 10 times.

Now if I drive in good four line highway in top gear around 90 or above, I did not experience this issue much. This issue is more often seen in lower speed on top gear.

I have never experienced such an issue with my other cars. This seems to the gear shifting mechanical arrangement problem. Shifting from 5th to 4th is not smooth mechanically and it may tend to go to reverse / something else. Reverse of TUV300 will not require a right down hard movement like my other vehicles. This created a issue for 5th to 4th gear movement. Down from 5th may tend to go to reverse!

Did anybody face similar issues? Is it a TUV300 generic problem? Is it one vehicle specific issue? Can it be corrected by a service?
Please share your comments.

psripada
Newbie TUVian

Re: Reverse gear!

Postby psripada » 07 Apr 2017, 20:32

sijuj wrote:I am using TUV300 for more than a year and covered more than 20000 km.

While checking my driving habits, I noticed that I do not use top gear, 5th gear at around 70 km speed. I tried to use 5th gear at around 70 km. Then I noticed a issue very often. When I drive at around 70 km at 5th gear, and when it is reducing speed to 60 or below and if I quickly try to change the gear to 4th, I hear a large noise from gear box some times. This may be the gear did not go to 4th but it tried to enter reverse when clutch is engaged to change the gear. Vehicle did not have any effect, other than it gave a large noise and did not do the gear shift. A much careful and smooth shift from 5th to 4th will shift the gear. But I experienced this issue in above scenario more than 10 times.

Now if I drive in good four line highway in top gear around 90 or above, I did not experience this issue much. This issue is more often seen in lower speed on top gear.

I have never experienced such an issue with my other cars. This seems to the gear shifting mechanical arrangement problem. Shifting from 5th to 4th is not smooth mechanically and it may tend to go to reverse / something else. Reverse of TUV300 will not require a right down hard movement like my other vehicles. This created a issue for 5th to 4th gear movement. Down from 5th may tend to go to reverse!

Did anybody face similar issues? Is it a TUV300 generic problem? Is it one vehicle specific issue? Can it be corrected by a service?
Please share your comments.

It might be some problem in the gear box. Better you visit the service center and explain it to the technician.

sijuj
Newbie TUVian

Re: Reverse gear!

Postby sijuj » 21 Apr 2017, 08:58

I raised this topic during second service at 20000km. I asked the technician to check also. He reported that there is no issues with the gear box and he could not reproduce the issue.

Return to “General Discussion”