Hi Friends,

My sole purpose to start this forum is to unite all TUV 300 owners to share their experience no matter good or bad, to benefit others and bring niggles till Mahindra officials.

Please share your thoughts and publicize this forum to make our voice stand tall.

Thanks,
VP

Fuel subsidy by TUV300 T8 AMT

Mahindra TUV 300 General Discussion
Pratap
Newbie TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T8 AMT

Fuel subsidy by TUV300 T8 AMT

Postby Pratap » 11 Feb 2017, 06:09

My Vehicle which is in ICU since 25th Jan'17 for serious gearbox issue. I have another intresting thing to share... as you all have noticed that fuel reading are not correct. ..I get refund on fuel ...sometimes when it shows 250km to go more...after 5 km it shows 280km and then 300km to go....it's giving you back.....then when you stop the engine and restart it's shows you middle finger and shows 150km to go....ripoff

clamfrog82
Newbie TUVian

Re: Fuel subsidy by TUV300 T8 AMT

Postby clamfrog82 » 15 Feb 2017, 11:54

I Think TUV300 shows the instantaneous mileage, which means depending on the speed you are travelling, the gear you are in (MT versions), the load on the vechicle etc ( Not sure if TUV has a load sensor), it shows the distance you will go provided you maintain the same parameters. Assuming you are cruising comfortably at 80 at top gear engaged, it would show you a higher reading of distance, but if you are stuck in stop-go traffic, the same reading will come down to a lower figure.

Just my thoughts, open to correction if am wrong.

ankur
Newbie TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T4+

Postby ankur » 15 Feb 2017, 13:49

clamfrog82 wrote:I Think TUV300 shows the instantaneous mileage, which means depending on the speed you are travelling, the gear you are in (MT versions), the load on the vechicle etc ( Not sure if TUV has a load sensor), it shows the distance you will go provided you maintain the same parameters. Assuming you are cruising comfortably at 80 at top gear engaged, it would show you a higher reading of distance, but if you are stuck in stop-go traffic, the same reading will come down to a lower figure.

Just my thoughts, open to correction if am wrong.

Yes, i agree with you. Numbers increase when you start driving at slower speed after pushing the car for a while. I also think that the system provides instantaneous mileage, and it does depends upon various parameters.

However, i have never tried what pratap pointed out, that after restarting the vehicle values change significantly. I think after restart since the car is not running and due to which some parameters are unavailable, so the car software does the mileage calculations by some other method and hence figures are different.

Raghavendra
Newbie TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T8

Postby Raghavendra » 30 Jun 2017, 22:37

The digital meter showing DTE is really bullshit quality. My TUV T8 Manual is 7 months old now. Especially when u have added around 35 litres or so it is supposed to show the DTE for the fuel inside. When u start first thing in morning it shows say about DTE 700 KMS, after completing about 30 -40 kms drive and coming back DTE starts showing 800 KMS. For such a high priced vehicle they are putting some idiotic guage inside worse than a 4 lac worth Maruti car. Disgusting . Even the driver seat support for the elbow ie left hand has also started bending downwards..

Return to “General Discussion”