Hi Friends,

My sole purpose to start this forum is to unite all TUV 300 owners to share their experience no matter good or bad, to benefit others and bring niggles till Mahindra officials.

Please share your thoughts and publicize this forum to make our voice stand tall.

Thanks,
VP

New Day New Problems - TUV 300 AMT Problems & Possible Solutions by Mahindra

Mahindra TUV 300 General Discussion
VPandey
TUVClub Admin
TUV 300 Varient: T8 AMT

Re: New Day New Problems - TUV 300 AMT Problems & Possible Solutions by Mahindra

Postby VPandey » 11 May 2016, 10:20

Thread Subject changed to - New Day New Problems - TUV 300 AMT Problems & Possible Solutions by Mahindra

More logical for AMT owners.
Mahindra TUV 300 T8 AMT
Logan DLS 1.5 dCI, Alto LX, Indica Xeta

vvmenon
Newbie TUVian

Re: New Day New Problems

Postby vvmenon » 11 May 2016, 14:43

Second Problem:
I had reported a slow pickup sometimes followed by a jerk or sudden clutch release in slow traffic movement. Which fortunately happened once while Mr Santhanam was driving but he refused to accept as a problem and started giving excuses about this happened due to he shifted from manual to auto mode and blah blah...!

On this second issue, what was the solution provided? Or was it too categorised as an advanced "feature" of Mahindra AMT? I am facing this issue of slow pickup and sudden clutch release sometimes.
Thanks, Vinod
TUV 300, T8 AMT; Honda City SMT 2010

My Old buddies: Premier Padmini 1983, Tata Indica Xeta Glx, Tata Nano, Maruti Suzuki Ritz

VPandey
TUVClub Admin

Re: RE: Re: New Day New Problems

Postby VPandey » 11 May 2016, 14:52

vvmenon wrote:On this second issue, what was the solution provided? Or was it too categorised as an advanced "feature" of Mahindra AMT? I am facing this issue of slow pickup and sudden clutch release sometimes.

As I mentioned in my post, absolutely no solutions provided by them. Despite of feeling that jerk that person refused to accept it as a problem.

By reading his words it was evident that Mahindra is very much aware of these problems but since they don't have any possible solutions so they refused to take it as a problem.
Mahindra TUV 300 T8 AMT

VPandey
TUVClub Admin

Re: New Day New Problems - TUV 300 AMT Problems & Possible Solutions by Mahindra

Postby VPandey » 12 May 2016, 09:26

Closure Email by Zonal Head - despite of knowing problems they simply don't want to consider those as a problem.

It was a pleasure meeting you at our dealer workshop of M/s Sterling Motors, Gurgaon on 10th May’16. I believe we had a qualitative and balanced interaction. To have a common understanding, hereby detailing the points we discussed.

The concerns reported by you were as below :

1.       In a bumper to bumper traffic, your TUV-AMT does not respond to the accelerator pedal when throttled and all of a sudden accelerates, which makes the driver panic.

2.       When the TUV-AMT is throttled for acceleration, there is vibration and jerk felt every time when there is an upshift of gears and similar vibration / jerk is felt during deceleration by braking when there is downshift of gears. Also there is a rpm fluctuation during gear shift.

3.       On a clear road when the TUV-AMT is throttled for acceleration and during gear shifts when in ‘Auto mode’ by chance if there is an external exigency due to which the vehicle needs to be braked, the TUV accelerates during braking and results in a panic situation.

4.       During normal driving when the TUV-AMT is braked normally, there is a disengagement noise in the transmission which is felt when the vehicle comes to halt.

Post the above verbatim of yours, we had a joint test drive of your TUV-AMT from M/s Sterling Motors, Sector-18 workshop location to the NH-8 highway till Mahipalpur Chowk and back to the workshop covering about 20+ kms, of which about 3 kms was thick traffic and the rest was normal moving traffic.

During this joint test drive, we could not simulate / replicate any of the symptoms / behavior as mentioned in sl. no. 1,2 and 3. However there was a disengagement noise as mentioned in sl. no. 4 which was observed but normal, to re-validate this we had a back to back joint test drive in 2 other TUV-AMT’s viz. the dealer test drive vehicle which had clocked about 4500+ kms and a brand new vehicle. As this dis-engagement noise was observed in both these vehicles, it was concluded as normal. However we identified a mild squeaking noise from the driver side door.

Basis this test drive, we had concluded that your TUV-AMT is normal, except for the driver door squeaking noise, which was rectified by a home visit today by M/s Sterling Motors - Gurgaon.

Would like to reiterate that your TUV-AMT is quite normal and you can continue using the vehicle. Rest assured of our support at all times.

regards
Mahindra TUV 300 T8 AMT

spasenthil
Newbie TUVian

Re: OBD 2 Adapter for Mahindra TUV 300

Postby spasenthil » 19 May 2016, 20:15

Dear All,
Having a pride in owning a TUV 300, was waiting for the most aviated version of Mahindra and took delivery of an automatic version by the end of march 2016 by replacing my special edition bolero model 2014. But after owning this tanker, i was disappointed from the first day after taking delivery. By noticing the transmission issue, i have taken the vehicle to the CAI service center thrice up till today from the date of delivery with the following issues.

Hearing a crank noise in 1 st gear.
Very slow response in first gear.
Having Jerk in 1 st and 2 nd gear.
Having problem in 2 nd gear,

Hearing a crank noise in 1 st gear.

The first problem which i felt was the crank sound in the first gear. While accelerating the vehicle to a speed of 70 to 80 the auto shift upgrades to the top gear having no problem. But when reducing the speed from 80 to parking condition the gear starts to reduce 5 4 3 2 and 1. At the end from 2 to 1 i was able to here a clear noise in downshift. This problem was reported to the service person and i was advised that this crank noise will be cleared automatically before 1 st service (3000 KM ). My vehicle has crossed the first 3000 KM mark but the sound is audible more than the initial.

Very slow response in first gear.

The other problem is the very slow response in the first gear. I usually use my vehicle in hill station on my business visit to Kothagri and coonoor tea industries. while having a drive on hill stations having problem in first gear. while moving the vehicle after a stop on the way due to traffic condition i usually prefer the manual mode in hill stations, by enc ageing the first gear and if i release the break the vehicle doesn't move forward instead in reverses un-conditionally. Pointing this issue to the service person, he replayed me by showing a video from mahindra and instructing me to use the parking brake whenever we attempt to stop a vehicle on hill station and explained an automated gear box can function only this much. But by noticing the other brand automated version ( Innova Crysta ) i had a test drive but the problem which persist in TUV is not at all felt. For your information i am owning a automatic WV jetta and Honda Jaaz too.

Having Jerk in 1 st and 2 nd gear.

While moving the vehicle initially the vehicle doesn't move smoothly instead of i felt the jerk very hard and day to day increased. On the second week i took the vehicle to the service center and got replaced by ECM software update.

Having problem in 2 nd gear,

Problem in 2 nd gear is usually felt in down shifting. For example if the vehicle is accelerated to a speed up to 70 or 80 the gears up shifts with no problem. But when i reduce the speed to 20 KM the gears down shifts gradually from 5 4 3 and 2. From the particular 2 nd gear if i attempt to accelerate the response is very very low and the vehicle attempt to drift suddenly losing the control. This problem is also sorted out by the third time of inspection.

Finally want to know about the first two problems which is not yet cleared upto date from Tuesday where the vehicle is still in the work shop. Owning a brand new vehicle and having so many problems particularly in transmission is putting me on stress. So let me get immediate reply on this issue.

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian

Re: RE: Re: OBD 2 Adapter for Mahindra TUV 300

Postby Sharadkt » 19 May 2016, 23:46

spasenthil wrote:Dear All,
Having a pride in owning a TUV 300, was waiting for the most aviated version of Mahindra and took delivery of an automatic version by the end of march 2016 by replacing my special edition bolero model 2014. But after owning this tanker, i was disappointed from the first day after taking delivery. By noticing the transmission issue, i have taken the vehicle to the CAI service center thrice up till today from the date of delivery with the following issues...

It has been 9 months to the launch of TUV300 AMT, still Mahindra is nowhere close to sorting out the issues customers are facing.

Instead it has shamelessly come up with another variant of TUV300.

Why can't they simply admit their failure in solving the AMT gear box and recall the same?

My car is 6 months old but it religiously visits dealer workshop every alternate week without fail for AMT issues.

Getting a Mahindra home was biggest mistake of my life.

Sharad

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

abhinav
Newbie TUVian

Postby abhinav » 24 May 2016, 22:11

Today had a smashed TUV by a heavy duty truck. Narrowly escaped else would not have been writing. Anyways by now am over with the morning stress and am in better shape to explain it.
In the morning while going to the office while overtaking another car there was a truck surging from opposite direction, as I tried to get away from it TUV lost power momentarily and there was the big thud though have been able to save the head-on collision.

After analysing the issue with the technical staff of service centre, got to know the reasons behind it.

Just for the understanding of everyone, how would we generally handle it in manual vehicle. As the speed was around 35-40kmph, best thing was to move leg on brake & clutch and use it depending on the situation without breaking the already momentum to sail through.

In case of auto today, was already in the above speed range and moved the leg to brake pedal, due to the slight pressure on brake pedal due to sensor vehicle downshifted to 2nd. The moment i felt that vehicle was decelerating due to shift and truck approaching fast; i fully open the throttle. Now here came the second twist whenever the TUV software senses the fully depressed accelerator it again downshifts because its program feels that additional torgue is required by the vehicle.
Now within the fraction of second there was 2 downshifts 3-2-1. Collectively they reduced the momentum, after a while felt the big push and was able to save the front of TUV but could not save the rear portion.

Just for knowledge downshifts are slow as compared to the upshift.

The above is after discussing this in detail with the service guy and also try to simulate it. He did show this while doing the test drive.

But lastly they declared it as the feature of AMT and advised me to be careful while doing such maneuver. How to explain them that these type of traffic is faced daily and no one plans the accident with his own car.

A bit of calculation the impact portion of my car with the truck was roughly 1 metre and assuming speed of TUV and truck at 20kmph (though i felt trucks speed was more), as we were approaching each other so net speed was 40kmph.

So, 40000 metres/3600 sec = 11.11 m/sec
Thus time require to cover 1 metre is less than 10th of a second.

Had the power surged had come even a 10th of a second earlier, i would have been saved.
Is Mahindra fully aware of above problem and that is why launched the 100 BHP engine. Had it been 100 BHP engine things would have been different ? Can't be sure, auto experts can comment.

AMT user can very well gauge how much time a downshift takes and with 2 back to back shifts, how much time got wasted.
The present AMT is full of risk in current state of tune, most of the driver would agree in practical scenario it is very risky to have around a second of power loss.

Do questioned the above reasoning and conclusion, as we ourselves have to find the way out because for Mahindra it is the product feature.
Attachments
smashed.jpg

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian

Postby Sharadkt » 25 May 2016, 11:34

To
CUSTOMERCARE
CC
MAHADIK MANGESH

Dear Customer Care,

While you decide, weather to take below email as technical issue and work on it or not, I request you to honour your technical expert Mr. Nikhil's verbal communications.

I request you to take the responsibility of this minor accident, which was caused due to technical feature of TUV300 AMT as informed by Mr. Nikhil and repair the bumper (paint and alignment) and provide scratch free car back to me.

I also want you to provide in writing to me these so called but hidden features of TUV300 AMT in writing so that I can learn them and practice them to avoid major accidents as happened to one owner in north region. I don't want to discover them or get to know them only after I meet and come out alive from an accident.

As of now the TUV300 AMT feature informed to me verbally by Mr. Nikhil are -

1. TUV300 AMT transmission software manages speed & RPM while clutch operations, that is clutch opening and closing. The owner has to learn it and break the speed in heavy traffic using brake pedal pressure. This is true in case of upshift / downshift and emergency braking. Owner has to fight diesel torque, high RPM and speed increase using brake pedal force, at the same time concentrating on traffic chaos on Indian roads.

2. TUV300 AMT will downshift if you floor the A pedal as it THINKS the owner needs more torque. In the process of downshifting, TUV300 AMT suddenly looses momentum and speed for good amount of seconds causing high probability of accidents.

This sudden loss of speed will result in rear impact because there will be no brake light activation to tell the car behind you that TUV300 AMT has decided to slow down. This will also result in head on collision and air bags deployment if the owner was trying to overtake on highway and in order to avoid frontal collision, he pressed on the A pedal.

This is too much of sensor work and over usage of technology to ensure the driver is killed. Why can't the techies understand that if I need power I will downshift or use manual mode? Please don't assume we are pilots and make things so complicated for us.

3. Each time we complain, We are told use manual mode. But when asked that your manual mode downshifts gears automatically based on its pre decided speed and RPM calculations the same technical head says yes, that it does. When in manual mode why don't you let us decide the gears we want to drive in and let the engine knock if we are foolish enough to not maintain required RPMs or speed?

I hope you will provide written feature list, be bold enough and give confirmation of above features in return email and most important, repair the bumper first as top most priority.

Regards,
Sharad Tater

Govindrajutuv300
Newbie TUVian

Postby Govindrajutuv300 » 01 Jun 2016, 20:41

Sub: Malfunctioning of AMT system in my vehicle Mahindra TUV 3OO AMT –T8 version.
Vehicle No: KA-41-MA-3379, Presently in India Garage Workshop ( Peenya branch).
Ref: ID 15090039, Repair Order No: RO17D001332 INDIA GARAGE PEENYA.
Vehicle handed over the India Garage on dated: 13.05.2016
The Said vehicle is purchased by me on dated: December 2015 paying in full cash and the delivery of vehicle is obtained on 16th Jan 2016. Since then I have driven this vehicle with utmost care and I have faced software problems related to AMT while on driving. Some of the incidents which I faced are very dangerous. It had encountered while crossing railway track, climbing the upsteep road and even in flat roads.

In the first 1000 kms of driving, I have to face problems related to reversing the vehicle. While reversing, the vehicle suddenly stops and this problem was rectified after 3 visits to the workshop. They (workshop people) too have experienced this problem. After the first service, I have to face problems related to AMT system. While on the drive, I have notice that the warning lamp illuminates and all of the sudden the display light of the gear & the lights in the odometer disappears. The photo is sent to the technician through what’s up.

When I noticed the MT warning lamp for the first time, I just gave attention to it and I rode the vehicle very carefully at low speed and that too on the peak hour. But at the signal light, I just brought it to neutral & found that the vehicle power immediately went off and I noticed that the both the display needle rose to the other end and the display gear disappeared. I tried many times to restart the engine but failed. As the vehicle was in neutral it was pulled to the side with the help of police man. I tried to call workshop people at 9 pm but failed. After 20 minutes of total rest, I tried to restart and it started and carefully I went home. Next day, I took the vehicle to the workshop and again I noticed malfunctioning in the AMT system. But this time, I didn’t stop the vehicle nor did I pull to neutral position. I know that when I pull to neutral or if I touch the gear for extra power, the vehicle cuts off & thereby I have to extra cautious. The workshop people too noticed the problem while on test drive.

Later, I was told that it was rectified by the Mahindra team personnel itself and that the problem is solved. But it was not. And I have to face same problem after few days while on driving on the highway. This time I brought the vehicle to the low speed and I noticed that the vehicle runs even in this condition. I travelled almost to my destination and on the traffic less pipe line road at laggere, I just tried to know what will happen when I apply 3rd gear on the uphill (- sign) to take extra pickup. I applied manual transmission 3rd gear for extra pickup but landed on the jerk. I found that the vehicle power disappears as soon as to put gear for extra power while on the move or to the neutral when you stop the vehicle. I am really lucky as I didn’t try on the highway. And it is definitely dangerous.

Again I have give time to rest and again it regains its conscience and again it restarts and again it runs and yet again I have to face same problem. And yet again, I have to take the vehicle to the workshop and tell them story. Off course, it happened again and I took the vehicle in the same condition and showed it to the technician. The thing is that when it occurs, the vehicle runs but we should be cautious that not to touch gear for the extra power while on the run or put it to neutral at the stop condition. Also, I have spoken to GM Anand, AGM Hamid, Team leader Dilip & others.

Please I don’t want to take risk and put my life in it. It is very, very dangerous on the highway especially when you face malfunctioning in the AMT system. Even if it is rectified, I do have psychological fear. All I request is to give me a new vehicle with gear option or exchange to other vehicle which I prefer or I request to refund the money. For the past 16 days, I am waiting for the reply/ feedback from your side. Now the vehicle is ready and asking me to take it. But I am insisting them to acknolwedge my letter which states that if same problems related to AMT software reoccurs, company should take away the vehicle and return my hardened money/ or exchange it to new vehicle .
Even the mileage is crap. I am getting around 9 kms / litre.

(K.R. GOVINDARAJU)

VPandey
TUVClub Admin

Postby VPandey » 02 Jun 2016, 19:50

Govindrajutuv300 wrote:Sub: Malfunctioning of AMT system in my vehicle Mahindra TUV 3OO AMT –T8 version.
Vehicle No: KA-41-MA-3379, Presently in India Garage Workshop ( Peenya branch).
Ref: ID 15090039, Repair Order No: RO17D001332 INDIA GARAGE PEENYA.
Vehicle handed over the India Garage on dated: 13.05.2016

The list of faults are getting longer day by day and Mahindra has been absolutely silent on these matters. Just got my TUV AMT back today from Sterling Motor Gurgaon after I reported problems in the working of AMT. A technical team from Chennai lead by Mr Ashim Verma, Ajay Pillai and Sameer Mishra headed by Mr. S Santhanam (Zonal Head North West) and Mr Ravi Khurana (Head Delhi NCR) from Customer Service department concluded tests on my TUV and found everything absolutely normal despite of feeling jerks, rpm rev up and downshifting noises.

They are classifying everything as AMT feature and not taking up as a manufacturing faults, just because they don't have any possible solution to these problems. They have already discontinued the mHawk80 engine option for T8 AMT and now differing with any possible upgrade options to existing mHawk80 owners.
Mahindra TUV 300 T8 AMT

Return to “General Discussion”