Hi Friends,

My sole purpose to start this forum is to unite all TUV 300 owners to share their experience no matter good or bad, to benefit others and bring niggles till Mahindra officials.

Please share your thoughts and publicize this forum to make our voice stand tall.

Thanks,
VP

New Day New Problems - TUV 300 AMT Problems & Possible Solutions by Mahindra

Mahindra TUV 300 General Discussion
VPandey
TUVClub Admin
Posts: 166
Joined: 31 Mar 2016, 09:03
Location: Gurgaon
TUV 300 Varient: T8 AMT
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: New Day New Problems

Postby VPandey » 30 Apr 2016, 19:26

Sharadkt wrote:I too got a call from regional team, we did an extensive test drive, where we agreed upon jerks while braking, car picking up speed on its own during gear shift and rpm levels being too high at clutch open and close. The engine was not getting isolated during clutch operations like it happens in manual transmission.

They will be working with technical team from tomorrow as they need the car to cool down. Further it was noted that jerks and rpm issue is random, which means there is no guarantee of its occurring during each braking and each gear shift.

So as of now car is with service center.

Regards,
Sharad

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk


Same problem is with me as well and today the cootek engineer visited my place to check the vehicle. But even after a test drive of around 10 KM he couldn't guess the source, in fact had no idea about what i am trying to explain.

He said any software changes are out of our control and only mahindra team could do something. He also agreed upon to cross check problems with the test AMT available at showroom.

Its a pain explaining things to these people as they make excuses and relates things to working of AMT as it is.
Mahindra TUV 300 T8 AMT
Logan DLS 1.5 dCI, Alto LX, Indica Xeta

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian
Posts: 296
Joined: 03 Apr 2016, 21:59
Location: Mumbai
TUV 300 Varient: T8 AMT
Status: Offline

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: New Day New Problems

Postby Sharadkt » 30 Apr 2016, 23:19

VPandey wrote:
Sharadkt wrote:I too got a call from regional team, we did an extensive test drive, where we agreed upon jerks while braking, car picking up speed on its own during gear shift and rpm levels being too high at clutch open and close. The engine was not getting isolated during clutch operations like it happens in manual transmission.

They will be working with technical team from tomorrow as they need the car to cool down. Further it was noted that jerks and rpm issue is random, which means there is no guarantee of its occurring during each braking and each gear shift.

So as of now car is with service center.

Regards,
Sharad

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk


Same problem is with me as well and today the cootek engineer visited my place to check the vehicle. But even after a test drive of around 10 KM he couldn't guess the source, in fact had no idea about what i am trying to explain.

He said any software changes are out of our control and only mahindra team could do something. He also agreed upon to cross check problems with the test AMT available at showroom.

Its a pain explaining things to these people as they make excuses and relates things to working of AMT as it is.

To my utter disgust, they procured a black handle, painted it white and fixed on my TUV300. The paint job was so bad with black tint reflection, did not install the rubber packing as well and there were dried paint drops too.

I was so furious, but no use venting my anger on the driver who had come to drop the car. I escalated the matter with service manager and regional team, who assured for correction.

Image

Transmission work is not done yet, required readings are shared with R&D team, who will visit on Tuesday so my car will be picked up again on Monday evening.

My 4 year old boy was not able to comprehend why his TUV300 T8 AMT is with Mahindra service center all the time and I did not want to shatter his love and pride for his papa's car, so kept quiet. Emotional trauma for entire family since the time a Mahindra came home.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian
Posts: 296
Joined: 03 Apr 2016, 21:59
Location: Mumbai
TUV 300 Varient: T8 AMT
Status: Offline

Re: New Day New Problems

Postby Sharadkt » 03 May 2016, 16:06

At the time of writing this, mine and Vivek's tanks are at resepective service centers and are being attended to. I have once again had detailed personal interaction with Mr. John from R&D department of Mahindra. He is going to stay in Mumbai till the issue is resolved. This time we did a long test drive in real driving condition (home to office) and each time I gave feedback, the transmission parameters (gear, rpm, speed etc) were recorded, it was marked in the software and my exact feedback too was noted in the same software. I tried to push the engine in all possible ways like aggressive, relaxed, slow, sudden braking, incline, turning, bad patch of road, speed breakers etc. what ever was possible in those 45 minutes. I am hoping the concerned team is able to make sense out of it and rectify the issue. What concerns me is my feedback is limited to my driving habits and road conditions etc, and if TUV software is tuned on the basis of that, it may give different results on highways or different road conditions and even different load conditions.

let us see, keeping my fingers crossed.
Regards,
Sharad

VPandey
TUVClub Admin
Posts: 166
Joined: 31 Mar 2016, 09:03
Location: Gurgaon
TUV 300 Varient: T8 AMT
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: New Day New Problems

Postby VPandey » 04 May 2016, 08:57

Sharadkt wrote:At the time of writing this, mine and Vivek's tanks are at resepective service centers and are being attended to. I have once again had detailed personal interaction with Mr. John from R&D department of Mahindra. He is going to stay in Mumbai till the issue is resolved...

TUV is back with me now.

Nothing to update as they have not considered those jerks as a problem. I reached service center around 11.30 AM where Mr Ravi with an engineer from Mahindra was waiting for me. We took test drives explained them the problems and they realised too that there is a jerk just before stopping which is very much noticeable when you drive on low speeds but as per them there is no solution to this available right now. We also took test drives in a demo car and other TUVs but noticed similar behaviour in them as well. So as per them - since its AMT and not a CVT or AT so there would be some jerks or delays in upshifts and downshifts which we need to learn to live with. But I insisted to take this problem to higher engineering department and get a solution to this because as a test driver I would never buy a car which has these symptoms.

Other minor problems of rattling were also attended and fixed, TUV washed and handed over to me.

Now waiting for Sharad's feedback on fix provided by Mahindra in his case.
Mahindra TUV 300 T8 AMT
Logan DLS 1.5 dCI, Alto LX, Indica Xeta

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian
Posts: 296
Joined: 03 Apr 2016, 21:59
Location: Mumbai
TUV 300 Varient: T8 AMT
Status: Offline

Re: New Day New Problems

Postby Sharadkt » 04 May 2016, 09:26

VPandey wrote:TUV is back with me now.

Nothing to update as they have not considered those jerks as a problem. I reached service center around 11.30 AM where Mr Ravi with an engineer from Mahindra was waiting for me. We took test drives explained them the problems and they realised too that there is a jerk just before stopping which is very much noticeable when you drive on low speeds but as per them there is no solution to this available right now. We also took test drives in a demo car and other TUVs but noticed similar behaviour in them as well. So as per them - since its AMT and not a CVT or AT so there would be some jerks or delays in upshifts and downshifts which we need to learn to live with. But I insisted to take this problem to higher engineering department and get a solution to this because as a test driver I would never buy a car which has these symptoms.

Other minor problems of rattling were also attended and fixed, TUV washed and handed over to me.

Now waiting for Sharad's feedback on fix provided by Mahindra in his case.


I will have proper update on the car today after 10:00 AM as the workshop opens only at 9:30, however as per feedback from regional team, Mr. John has worked on the issues highlighted by me and post my feedback, I feel the same will be made available to other customers. Trust me, having Mr. John in passenger seat helped a lot as he too got scared by the way TUV was resisting the brake pressure and was not slowing down. I told him in its current state the car is not even road worthy.

I fail to understand, how in Vivek's case Mahindra regional team did not involve plant engineer and instead relied upon workshop engineers who knows nothing about this car as entire transmission system is new and never used earlier in Mahindra? They are doing window dressing (bullshitting) in typical Gurgaon style (sorry no racism here, but I faced it a lot in my 2 years stay in Gurgaon)

Further if a faulty software is loaded into all TUVs and if all TUVs behave wrongly how can it be a TUV symptom or AMT symptom with which we have to learn to live with?

You must not even take delivery of the vehicle if you are not satisfied with, insist on plant technician, give them reference of my TUV (you have my registration number), I have also given contact details of my regional team member from Mahindra in this forum somewhere. Further you can talk to Mr. John too, I can direct share his contact details with you, just ensure you talk to him and not dealer guys (you know my last experience).

Regards,
Sharad

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian
Posts: 296
Joined: 03 Apr 2016, 21:59
Location: Mumbai
TUV 300 Varient: T8 AMT
Status: Offline

Re: New Day New Problems

Postby Sharadkt » 04 May 2016, 16:59

My car is being home delivered today evening, I have been requested to drive it for a few days and provide the feedback. As per technical team, they have modified the clutch setting / parameter and nothing else on transmission.

I too was given the story of AMT behaviour and when challenged him to test celerio or zest where this behaviour is non existent, I was given story that it is TUV AMT characteristic.

Will update further post testing

VPandey
TUVClub Admin
Posts: 166
Joined: 31 Mar 2016, 09:03
Location: Gurgaon
TUV 300 Varient: T8 AMT
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: New Day New Problems

Postby VPandey » 04 May 2016, 17:17

Sharadkt wrote:My car is being home delivered today evening, I have been requested to drive it for a few days and provide the feedback. As per technical team, they have modified the clutch setting / parameter and nothing else on transmission.

I too was given the story of AMT behaviour and when challenged him to test celerio or zest where this behaviour is non existent, I was given story that it is TUV AMT characteristic.

Will update further post testing

I had received a followup mail from Ravi and in reply I told him to please take the jerks problem to higher level and get a solution as they have accepted that there are jerks while downshifting. I have also mentioned that please get in touch with Mr John to get another view of similar complaint being handled.

In reply he mentioned that he had a talk with Mr John but unfortunately they could not find any problem in your TUV as well mentioning
no abnormality found in that vehicle. It was behaving perfectly OK & no update done on vehicle.

This is highly unprofessional excuse by them that they don't see jerks as a problem and can't do anything to minimise that.

To just clarify how AMT works in other vehicles, today I have test driven Duster AMT and I tell you apart from the gear change feelings there were no jerks or no unwanted pulling pushing neither in upshifts nor in downshifts. Although being at 110 PS I felt Duster is as similar as TUV in pickup etc.

The conclusion is that AMT is a non existent failed technology which auto companies are trying cash in from non sensitive Indian buyers, it was my fault I purchased an AMT vehicle now it seems that I need to learn to live with it.
Mahindra TUV 300 T8 AMT
Logan DLS 1.5 dCI, Alto LX, Indica Xeta

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian
Posts: 296
Joined: 03 Apr 2016, 21:59
Location: Mumbai
TUV 300 Varient: T8 AMT
Status: Offline

Re: New Day New Problems

Postby Sharadkt » 04 May 2016, 19:36

VPandey wrote: I had received a followup mail from Ravi and in reply I told him to please take the jerks problem to higher level and get a solution as they have accepted that there are jerks while downshifting. I have also mentioned that please get in touch with Mr John to get another view of similar complaint being handled.

In reply he mentioned that he had a talk with Mr John but unfortunately they could not find any problem in your TUV as well mentioning
no abnormality found in that vehicle. It was behaving perfectly OK & no update done on vehicle.

This is highly unprofessional excuse by them that they don't see jerks as a problem and can't do anything to minimise that.

To just clarify how AMT works in other vehicles, today I have test driven Duster AMT and I tell you apart from the gear change feelings there were no jerks or no unwanted pulling pushing neither in upshifts nor in downshifts. Although being at 110 PS I felt Duster is as similar as TUV in pickup etc.

The conclusion is that AMT is a non existent failed technology which auto companies are trying cash in from non sensitive Indian buyers, it was my fault I purchased an AMT vehicle now it seems that I need to learn to live with it.


Well as anticipated, no difference in vehicle, I have refused to take delivery of the vehicle, told him to either solve the issues or give to me in writing about these characteristics of TUV300 AMT. I will take them to RTO to verify if the vehicle meets road safety norms and motor vehicle act.

They have taken it back, I continue to use taxi service provided by Mahindra and let us see what's in store next. Just because some ass in Mahindra decided this is an optimal performance, I need not buy it, I need not learn to live with it and I need not endanger my family's safety.

Regards,
Sharad

VPandey
TUVClub Admin
Posts: 166
Joined: 31 Mar 2016, 09:03
Location: Gurgaon
TUV 300 Varient: T8 AMT
Contact:
Status: Offline

Re: New Day New Problems

Postby VPandey » 05 May 2016, 20:22

Just written a long post at Team BHP so that others can come to know as well. Did not post reference URLs as they can ban me for promoting website but you guys can post.

Bad days are not yet over!

Guys FYI I own a TUV AMT delivered in Feb 16 (deliberately taken 2016 manufactured vehicle so that it should be free of initial niggles). But since then total 6 times it has gone to service center. Communications with Delhi NCR head, tweeted to Vivek Nyer, Anand Mahindra and Pawan Goyanka too but it seems Mahindra is not keen on fine tuning their AMT model.

Problems started with heavy jerks with in first month of purchase which was partially solved by flashing a new version of software but given birth to a new kind of problem of TUV occasionally sounding like a truck and AMT warning light flashing continuously. Which was attended after showing them the video proof of problem and to solve that problem they changed the ECU (flashed with new software too) and FDM (as per service engineer), also changed modulator precautionary. Now that truck sound have not resurfaced again since then and culprit was FDM (as per service engineer) which was blocking fuel supply causing heavy noise and AMT failure.

But this is not the end, now facing jerks and unwanted pulling pushing and jerks while gear downshifting (specially coming down from 3rd to 2nd to 1st) on low speeds. So again taken TUV to the service center (GSP Gurgaon), this time Delhi NCR head Mr Ravi and an engineer was there to simulate problems. Taken test drives and they have agreed that there are jerks while downshifting and very inconsistent behaviour of occasional acceleration and deceleration at low speeds, also RPM shooting upto 2500 while dhownshifts creating a "whoooosh" sound. But to my utter surprise the problems I reported were quoted as normal behaviour of AMT.

So yesterday just to cross check is this is the way AMT works I decided to take a test drive of Duster AMT and I tell you guys there was no such jerks or unwanted pulling pushing during gear shifts, clearly showing that how sensitive are Mahindra people towards their prestigious products.

The worst experience I gone though today itself when coming back from Delhi in the evening I stucked in a 3 km long traffic jaam, and all the time I was struggling to control the TUV in AMT mode at low speeds. Imagine a situation when a car is 8-10 mtrs away from you and you try to push A pedal - nothing great happens then suddenly with a jerk it takes off and similar with breaking when it stops either before or after the distance you try to cover.

The TUV behaves absolute gem and silent when in 5th gear at high speeds but as soon as you touch the break pedal all drama starts.

The root of problem is their unprofessional way of testing vehicles during production and using customers as guinea pigs to test their niggles, which surely had happened with Scorpio and XUV as well. Their list of niggles is never ending. Now after spending 10.5 Lacs I feel I have been cheated but Its not me alone who is suffering there are many like me. Now I am seriously considering about legal help in this matter.

Mr Ravi, Mr Vivek Nayer, Mr Mahindra or Mr Pawan Goenka if you are reading this feedback then please come up with one time final solutions to the problems or take back vehicle. Why cant they understand - A better performing vehicle & peace of mind is what customer wants, take example from Creta and see their numbers too.

Thanks,
Mahindra TUV 300 T8 AMT
Logan DLS 1.5 dCI, Alto LX, Indica Xeta

vvmenon
Newbie TUVian
Posts: 25
Joined: 05 May 2016, 18:01
Location: Trivandrum
TUV 300 Varient: T8 AMT
Status: Offline

Re: New Day New Problems

Postby vvmenon » 06 May 2016, 11:16

Just read the entire topic - Was wondering how many other AMT users are out there having similar issues? As per Mahindra, around 6kplus AMT TUV's were sold. I haven't noticed the car accelerating on its own while in B2B traffic. I am, almost on a daily basis, stuck in B2B traffic. I have seen creep function kicking in faster after the vehicle has run for, say, 10 - 20 Km. Don't know if it is an issue. So when starting cold, the creep function takes few seconds to kick in - where as after driving for few km, it kicks in fast - without any noticeable delay. I have a small inclination to get my vehicle parked at my car parking and without acceleration (applying break wherever necessary) I can really park TUV without it rolling back. But when I start TUV in the morning, I have to use handbreak as creep function kicks in after few second delay.
Thanks, Vinod
TUV 300, T8 AMT; Honda City SMT 2010

My Old buddies: Premier Padmini 1983, Tata Indica Xeta Glx, Tata Nano, Maruti Suzuki Ritz


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest