Hi Friends,

My sole purpose to start this forum is to unite all TUV 300 owners to share their experience no matter good or bad, to benefit others and bring niggles till Mahindra officials.

Please share your thoughts and publicize this forum to make our voice stand tall.

Thanks,
VP

New Day New Problems - TUV 300 AMT Problems & Possible Solutions by Mahindra

Mahindra TUV 300 General Discussion
kchanda
Newbie TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T8 AMT

Re: New Day New Problems - TUV 300 AMT Problems & Possible Solutions by Mahindra

Postby kchanda » 17 Oct 2016, 14:02

Hi Guys,

im hearing a wishtling noise when i drive .
mostly the wishtling sound is heard when driving under 50kmph .
its been 3 days my Tank is @servicecenter and they have not found the root cause .
Informed them to verify the vaccum modulator or resonator and they came back saying its still the same.
did anyone face this issue and what was the resolution ?

Thanks
Kailash

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian

Re: New Day New Problems - TUV 300 AMT Problems & Possible Solutions by Mahindra

Postby Sharadkt » 17 Oct 2016, 14:14

kchanda wrote:Hi Guys,

im hearing a wishtling noise when i drive .
mostly the wishtling sound is heard when driving under 50kmph .
its been 3 days my Tank is @servicecenter and they have not found the root cause .
Informed them to verify the vaccum modulator or resonator and they came back saying its still the same.
did anyone face this issue and what was the resolution ?

Thanks
Kailash

It is the turbo boost acting up, turbo gives whistling sound at certain RPM and mine does too. As long as you do not notice power loss it is completely ignorable / enjoyable.

Regards,
Sharad

morgen
Newbie TUVian

Postby morgen » 18 Oct 2016, 09:52

I just completed 2 weeks with my T8-100BHP-MT. I clocked 1700 km, including a couple of highway trips, longest at a stretch of 500km.
Issues so far:
1. From day one, at low speeds, sudden breaking or acceleration, a rattling noise comes from behind driver side dash board, as if a some plastic part is shaking.
2. Front left door makes noise on road undulations, needs to be tightened
3. Front left door lock broken
4. Bad rattling, truck like noise came this morning after cold start and continued until I switched it off. I restarted after an hour, noise was gone, not much loss of power felt but noise was so bad that my basement parking was echoing badly.
Some more highway experiences:
5. It's a pleasure to drive on highways, ample power and lugging capacity
6. In one instance, on Yamuna Express Way, I was on 110kmph, in the dark and two porcupines entangled in a fight appeared from nowhere. I had to break suddenly as I was scared of their nail like razor sharp quills and the other blood splash that would have otherwise resulted. TUV's response in that sudden breaking with rightward steering was not stable at all, and at one point all in the vehicle though we were going to topple. But somehow I managed to keep it on all fours. Lesson learnt, warranty or no warranty, I need 100/130W phllips rally lights on this vehicle. I have been using Extreme Vision 55/60W so far, which is just not enough for high speed highway adventures.
7. My punk audio front component and rear coaxial speakers are wonderful, door damping has added magic to it. Highly recommend door damping for that classy thud, costed around 1800 per door using dampet.
Again planning to take the tank for another 2k spin around 26th this month, will share experiences. But first need to get issues fixed.

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian

Postby Sharadkt » 18 Oct 2016, 12:58

morgen wrote:I just completed 2 weeks with my T8-100BHP-MT. I clocked 1700 km, including a couple of highway trips, longest at a stretch of 500km.
Issues so far:
1. From day one, at low speeds, sudden breaking or acceleration, a rattling noise comes from behind driver side dash board, as if a some plastic part is shaking.
2. Front left door makes noise on road undulations, needs to be tightened
3. Front left door lock broken
4. Bad rattling, truck like noise came this morning after cold start and continued until I switched it off. I restarted after an hour, noise was gone, not much loss of power felt but noise was so bad that my basement parking was echoing badly.
Some more highway experiences:
5. It's a pleasure to drive on highways, ample power and lugging capacity
6. In one instance, on Yamuna Express Way, I was on 110kmph, in the dark and two porcupines entangled in a fight appeared from nowhere. I had to break suddenly as I was scared of their nail like razor sharp quills and the other blood splash that would have otherwise resulted. TUV's response in that sudden breaking with rightward steering was not stable at all, and at one point all in the vehicle though we were going to topple. But somehow I managed to keep it on all fours. Lesson learnt, warranty or no warranty, I need 100/130W phllips rally lights on this vehicle. I have been using Extreme Vision 55/60W so far, which is just not enough for high speed highway adventures.
7. My punk audio front component and rear coaxial speakers are wonderful, door damping has added magic to it. Highly recommend door damping for that classy thud, costed around 1800 per door using dampet.
Again planning to take the tank for another 2k spin around 26th this month, will share experiences. But first need to get issues fixed.

Great that you managed the tank on all four and yes the braking and managing straight line during the braking is sorely missed here. I want to ask on headlight bulb upgrade.

The upgrade you mentioned would need relay kit I guess? what about the extra heat generated by these bulbs will existing bulb holder be able to absorb that or will you need to replace them too with ceramic holders? what about extra light generated will it not blind the on-coming traffic in the city and would you need something more to focus them on road only? What will be the expected cost of this upgrade including everything? Finally 100/90 H4 isn't better or do we really need 130/100W?

Regards,
Sharad

morgen
Newbie TUVian

Postby morgen » 19 Oct 2016, 10:09

Yes it will require relay kit. To sustain the extra heat, ceramic holders may not always be needed. For instance, I ran such high wattage bulbs for 8 years in my previous car on stock holders and never had any issues with burnt holders or blackened reflectors. Due to possibility to adjust headlamp angle in almost all cars now, blinding on-coming traffic is avoidable, you actually want light to be falling on the road rather than parallel to the road. So even in high beam, I never blinded on-coming drivers, but always kept it falling on the road. Problem is with truckers and other highway commuters who regularly use illegal lighting, intact most trucks have double head lamps. So on my previous trip, although all the time on one-way traffic, whenever there was on-coming traffic, due to divider devoid of any plantation etc above 1 ft, I was unable to see road. Wherever there was enough dense plants on the divider, I had no issues is extreme vision. Your suggestion on 100/90 vs 130/100 is marginal, as I have used both and they seem pretty much similar in terms of illumination on road. To add, I was never fined by cops for these rally lights either in Delhi or Bangalore.

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian

Postby Sharadkt » 19 Oct 2016, 12:02

morgen wrote:Yes it will require relay kit. To sustain the extra heat, ceramic holders may not always be needed. For instance, I ran such high wattage bulbs for 8 years in my previous car on stock holders and never had any issues with burnt holders or blackened reflectors. Due to possibility to adjust headlamp angle in almost all cars now, blinding on-coming traffic is avoidable, you actually want light to be falling on the road rather than parallel to the road. So even in high beam, I never blinded on-coming drivers, but always kept it falling on the road. Problem is with truckers and other highway commuters who regularly use illegal lighting, intact most trucks have double head lamps. So on my previous trip, although all the time on one-way traffic, whenever there was on-coming traffic, due to divider devoid of any plantation etc above 1 ft, I was unable to see road. Wherever there was enough dense plants on the divider, I had no issues is extreme vision. Your suggestion on 100/90 vs 130/100 is marginal, as I have used both and they seem pretty much similar in terms of illumination on road. To add, I was never fined by cops for these rally lights either in Delhi or Bangalore.

Thanks for lots of heads up, I will soon be adding 100/90 rally H4 on my TUV300.

Regards,
Sharad

morgen
Newbie TUVian

Postby morgen » 19 Oct 2016, 23:30

I got 100/90 H4 done in my TUV today. Hella relay kit costed Rs.1050, Hella H4 costed Rs.400 for two bulbs. There isn't too much difference that I could notice immediately, but may be due to city driving so far with too much ambient/road light. Once on highway, will know if this made a difference. No wires were cut, just keep the older holders and wiring hanging where it was, install new relay with ceramic holders.

Dinesh
Newbie TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T4+

Postby Dinesh » 20 Oct 2016, 16:40

Hi friends,

Wheel spinning problem is present not only on T8 AMt but also in T4+ Manual transmission also. Because I own T4+ 84BHP, I am experiencing the same wheel spinning problem when I try to load my vehicle into home garrage.

Thanks,
Dc

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian

Re: RE: Re: New Day New Problems - TUV 300 AMT Problems & Possible Solutions by Mahindra

Postby Sharadkt » 20 Oct 2016, 16:50

Dinesh wrote:Hi friends,

Wheel spinning problem is present not only on T8 AMt but also in T4+ Manual transmission also. Because I own T4+ 84BHP, I am experiencing the same wheel spinning problem when I try to load my vehicle into home garrage.

Thanks,
Dc

Did you try to get solution from Mahindra or have decided to live with it?

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Dinesh
Newbie TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T4+

Postby Dinesh » 20 Oct 2016, 16:54

Today I am going to ask them regarding the same. This was delivered two weeks back. Will update here once I found any solution for it.

Return to “General Discussion”