Hi Friends,

My sole purpose to start this forum is to unite all TUV 300 owners to share their experience no matter good or bad, to benefit others and bring niggles till Mahindra officials.

Please share your thoughts and publicize this forum to make our voice stand tall.

Thanks,
VP

New Day New Problems - TUV 300 AMT Problems & Possible Solutions by Mahindra

Mahindra TUV 300 General Discussion
VPandey
TUVClub Admin
TUV 300 Varient: T8 AMT

New Day New Problems - TUV 300 AMT Problems & Possible Solutions by Mahindra

Postby VPandey » 09 Apr 2016, 15:38

It seems the problems are never ending with my TUV 300 AMT, now facing following problems which need immediate attention.

Feeling low jerks while on slow speeds and descending from 3rd to 2nd to 1st gear and using creep function. The jerks are very noticeable and can be heard as well. It seems like changing gears without pressing clutch firmly. May be a case of clutch calibration required.

Loud rattle from either second row seat of rear left portion of the car while crossing bad patches. Seems something is jumping.

Very bad smell from AC vents while on blower only (AC switch off). Feels like gaseous smell.

FM reception stopped working once again.

Planning to see service center once again on Tuesday.
Mahindra TUV 300 T8 AMT
Logan DLS 1.5 dCI, Alto LX, Indica Xeta

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian

Re: New Day New Problems

Postby Sharadkt » 11 Apr 2016, 11:39

For bad smell from AC vents, do check if air recirculation light is on / working, otherwise outside smell may come.

dieselburner
Newbie TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T8

Postby dieselburner » 11 Apr 2016, 15:08

Hi,

It seems we are in the same boat as far as problems are concerned for TUV, I was in the MASS the very first day after taking delivery because of a sound under gear lever, however I have not noticed any annoying sound as posted by you but initially when TUV crosses any speedbraker/pothole there is an annoying sound which comes from below the gear lever, reported it to mahindra and a part was added, for sometime the problem vanished but now again it has started appearing, second rattling sound from front RHS door and sound from power window console, front RHS power window assembly is changed and till now it is ok.

Has anybody felt that the ride is very bumpy in TUV specially for 2nd row occupants? I know about body on frame chasis & rear wheel drive but it still looks like a bit bumpy than usual. Any solution to it?

I also get a very bad smell from Ac vents and it generally comes after switching off the AC, dont know how to get rid of it.

VPandey wrote:It seems the problems are never ending with my TUV 300 AMT, now facing following problems which need immediate attention.

Feeling low jerks while on slow speeds and descending from 3rd to 2nd to 1st gear and using creep function. The jerks are very noticeable and can be heard as well. It seems like changing gears without pressing clutch firmly. May be a case of clutch calibration required.

Loud rattle from either second row seat of rear left portion of the car while crossing bad patches. Seems something is jumping.

Very bad smell from AC vents while on blower only (AC switch off). Feels like gaseous smell.

FM reception stopped working once again.

Planning to see service center once again on Tuesday.
TUV300 T8, Dzire VDi, i20 magna(o)(p), Zen Estilo Lxi

dieselburner
Newbie TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T8

Postby dieselburner » 11 Apr 2016, 15:14

I also face similar problem , air circulation is on and its not the smell from outside as its the same smell irrespective of the place.

Sharadkt wrote:For bad smell from AC vents, do check if air recirculation light is on / working, otherwise outside smell may come.
TUV300 T8, Dzire VDi, i20 magna(o)(p), Zen Estilo Lxi

VPandey
TUVClub Admin

Postby VPandey » 11 Apr 2016, 16:02

dieselburner wrote:I also face similar problem , air circulation is on and its not the smell from outside as its the same smell irrespective of the place.

Sharadkt wrote:For bad smell from AC vents, do check if air recirculation light is on / working, otherwise outside smell may come.

I will be visiting Service Center tomorrow, lets see what they do.
Mahindra TUV 300 T8 AMT

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian

Postby Sharadkt » 12 Apr 2016, 17:15

VPandey wrote:I will be visiting Service Center tomorrow, lets see what they do.

could you visit the service centre and hope your issues get sorted out...

VPandey
TUVClub Admin

Postby VPandey » 12 Apr 2016, 20:03

Sharadkt wrote:could you visit the service centre and hope your issues get sorted out...

As scheduled, visited service center GSP Gurgaon today. The problems I had with current status is as given below:

Jerks at low speed: - There is definite jerks just before the TUV stops if you break very slowly (dead slow to identify jerk & sound) but its found to be a characteristic of TUV (rather AMT). Found similar sound in another TUV AMT driven for test purpose. So untill it creates a problem or lot people report the same - Mahindra has no solutions to this.

No FM reception: - Replaced the antenna wire connecting the infotainment system to a joint below steering cabin and its working fine now.

Fowl Smell from Blowers: Ducts cleaned and sprayed freshener, problem solved for now.

Rattling from read door: - Found plastic cover creating sound, some double sided tape used to fix rattling but sound is not 100% gone.

So for now I am satisfied and will test TUV for next 10 - 15 days for re-occurrence of problems.

Thanks,
VP
Mahindra TUV 300 T8 AMT

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian

Postby Sharadkt » 12 Apr 2016, 21:10

Good to know nothing major found and your problems are solved. I somehow don't get any such jerk or sound while applying brakes or stopping the vehicle completely.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian

Postby Sharadkt » 18 Apr 2016, 21:16

I am having one issue - some times even after removing pressure from accelerator, the speed still increases as if the accelerator is stuck, similarly some times pressing accelerator doesn't provide any input / speed increase to the vehicle. If the foot is kept pressed the input / speed increment happens after few seconds delay. This is mostly noticed during bumper to bumper traffic.

Anyone?

VPandey
TUVClub Admin

Re: RE: Re: New Day New Problems

Postby VPandey » 18 Apr 2016, 21:38

Sharadkt wrote:I am having one issue - some times even after removing pressure from accelerator, the speed still increases as if the accelerator is stuck, similarly some times pressing accelerator doesn't provide any input / speed increase to the vehicle. If the foot is kept pressed the input / speed increment happens after few seconds delay. This is mostly noticed during bumper to bumper traffic.

Anyone?

This happens with me too but the first problem is very minor acceleration which I feel a drawback of AMT systems where computer calculates the acceleration to be maintained and the second one is very noticeable specially if you slowly press the A pedal.

AMT system of TUV is certainly not up to the mark i would say. Its not refined as per gross weight of the vehicle and lacks smooth shifts. Where as manual mode gives more pickup and smooth as well.
Mahindra TUV 300 T8 AMT

Return to “General Discussion”