Hi Friends,

My sole purpose to start this forum is to unite all TUV 300 owners to share their experience no matter good or bad, to benefit others and bring niggles till Mahindra officials.

Please share your thoughts and publicize this forum to make our voice stand tall.

Thanks,
VP

TUV AMT slipping to 'N' mode while driving and AMT warning

Mahindra TUV 300 General Discussion
kartikmalhotra
Newbie TUVian
TUV 300 Varient: T8 AMT

Re: TUV AMT slipping to 'N' mode while driving and AMT warning

Postby kartikmalhotra » 25 Jan 2018, 12:35

Same story here. Gear slips into N and I've been stuck up an incline of a single-lane flyover, holding up traffic behind me.
Last month, the car was in the workshop for 10 days to fix a starter issue, knocking / vibration issue and a jerky 2nd gear issue. They changed the clutch assembly, accelerator pedal, electrical system controlling AMT and software flashing. For 9 out of 10 days, Koncept Mahindra (my service centre in Noida) kept telling me that they have a "Tower Up" - their lingo for being connected with the factory engineers. When I got my car back, only the vibration and starter issue was fixed. The 2nd gear continued to be jerky.
Now last week, the AMT slipping to N started. The car was sent for repairs through a crane on three days back. Today, they tell me that they have changed the Power Box that feeds into the AMT gear box! Whatever that means. Waiting to see if the damn thing works now.

vvmenon
Newbie TUVian

Postby vvmenon » 12 Feb 2018, 18:23

Update to this issue:

Understand many new TUv users are facing this issue and their service centre is puzzled at the solution. This is how it was rectified for me :

“2. Then as discussed with M&M Technical Team members, they advise us to adjust the AMT Gear lever linkage (Input shaft which is connected to the gear lever shifter assembly),is adjusted and trial tested.

3. The trial test up to different conditions like traffic and highway. The issue not reproduced. Hence we discuss with M&M Technical Team and we deliver the vehicle to your side.”

Hope this helps!
Thanks, Vinod
TUV 300, T8 AMT; Honda City SMT 2010

My Old buddies: Premier Padmini 1983, Tata Indica Xeta Glx, Tata Nano, Maruti Suzuki Ritz

Sharadkt
Senior TUVian

Postby Sharadkt » 18 Feb 2018, 23:05

vvmenon wrote:Update to this issue:

Understand many new TUv users are facing this issue and their service centre is puzzled at the solution. This is how it was rectified for me :

“2. Then as discussed with M&M Technical Team members, they advise us to adjust the AMT Gear lever linkage (Input shaft which is connected to the gear lever shifter assembly),is adjusted and trial tested.

3. The trial test up to different conditions like traffic and highway. The issue not reproduced. Hence we discuss with M&M Technical Team and we deliver the vehicle to your side.”

Hope this helps!
But for the latest issue, they are saying issue is different this time and the solution is not applicable....

Even after replacing entire AMT hardware, transmission, modulator and wiring etc the issue didn't get resolved.

Now they are saying the issue is with MLD.... changing some parts of rear suspension.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Return to “General Discussion”